Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3329
Styleforum Top Pickspost #49922 of 787244/19/13 at 3:14pm
It's great for my ego, though.
Thanks, all. I'm very flattered.
Sharply Tailored, they are indeed flapped patch pockets. This is pretty much what I regard as the ideal of the post-3/2 sack American-type navy blazer: blue hopsack, soft shoulders, 2-btn darted, single vent, swelled edges, flap & patch pockets, brass buttons.post #49923 of 787244/19/13 at 3:34pmpost #49924 of 787244/19/13 at 5:54pm
Vanda rocks ^^^^Originally Posted by YRR92
Working on a lighting assignment for my photo class. Almost went out the door in jeans and a rugby shirt today, changed my mind at the last minute.
Deansgate blazer, Bert Pulitzer tie, Ascot Chang shirt. All thrifted, plus cheap gray trousers, argyle socks, and weejuns.
yeah nice pic- like from the Last Supper- 'Jesus gives Peter the keys to sartorial heaven'post #49925 of 787244/19/13 at 7:57pmpost #49926 of 787244/19/13 at 11:17pmpost #49927 of 787244/20/13 at 2:39amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
NYI - the dark orange trousers are nuts. But if you're going to rock them - and they're certainly fun - the pale orange bag and the light brown shoes need to go IMO. Much darker brown shoes would be better, I think, and either no bag or dark brown (or beige) one. I'd also think about a pale blue shirt but there's something to be said for the bold top/bottom contrast too.
Didn't particularly want to wear a suit & tie today, so had to come up with something more relaxed for the grey/black/white challenge theme:
In keeping with the theme, the socks are a black/grey argyle, and I chose a black leather strap watch & a silver cisele patterned pen just to keep it going...
Damn nice! Where's this shirt from?post #49928 of 787244/20/13 at 3:58amQuote:Originally Posted by YRR92
It's great for my ego, though.
Thanks, all. I'm very flattered.
Sharply Tailored, they are indeed flapped patch pockets. This is pretty much what I regard as the ideal of the post-3/2 sack American-type navy blazer: blue hopsack, soft shoulders, 2-btn darted, single vent, swelled edges, flap & patch pockets, brass buttons.
The reason we re-post the pics and not spoil it is specifically to flatter your ego, and to tell you in no uncertain terms how well we think you have done in terms of your outfit. Dude from where you came from with your crinkly non-fitting collars (with buttons no less) both on this site and the other. I am also specifically saying that your outfit is NOT perfect, not by one helluva long shot, but I do think it is a milestone for you, so keep taking those style tips they won't do you any harm.
I also think you should tell your girl to worry more about her own complexion than yours, in other words go get yourself a shave (bearded blonds don't cut it so good) and a hair cut!! Did I say that, sorry I meant you to go get yourself a hair style complete with a good dose of hair product gel to keep it that way all day.post #49929 of 787244/20/13 at 4:23ampost #49930 of 787244/20/13 at 4:26ampost #49931 of 787244/20/13 at 4:40ampost #49932 of 787244/20/13 at 4:55ampost #49933 of 787244/20/13 at 6:01ampost #49934 of 787244/20/13 at 7:48ampost #49935 of 787244/20/13 at 7:51amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Spandexter
Jacket - Suit Supply
Shirt - Barba
Tie - Henry Carter Navy Cashmere Knit (great ties, check out the affiliate thread)
Pants - Epaulet
Shoes - Carmina
Spandexter, what fit is the SS jacket? Napoli?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones NEW 8.5D Navy Coniston $715 7.5E UK 1 minute ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Gieves & Hawkes Shirts - Question 8 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 8 minutes ago
- › any recs for Sofia, Bulgaria 9 minutes ago
- › Streetwear & Denim Travel Recommendations 10 minutes ago
- › HONG KONG CLOTHING ALTERATION RECOMMENDATIONS ? 11 minutes ago
- › How do you think this suit fits? Please do let me know! 11 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)