Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 8:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 7:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3329
Styleforum Top Pickspost #49922 of 787224/19/13 at 3:14pm
It's great for my ego, though.
Thanks, all. I'm very flattered.
Sharply Tailored, they are indeed flapped patch pockets. This is pretty much what I regard as the ideal of the post-3/2 sack American-type navy blazer: blue hopsack, soft shoulders, 2-btn darted, single vent, swelled edges, flap & patch pockets, brass buttons.post #49923 of 787224/19/13 at 3:34pmpost #49924 of 787224/19/13 at 5:54pm
Vanda rocks ^^^^Originally Posted by YRR92
Working on a lighting assignment for my photo class. Almost went out the door in jeans and a rugby shirt today, changed my mind at the last minute.
Deansgate blazer, Bert Pulitzer tie, Ascot Chang shirt. All thrifted, plus cheap gray trousers, argyle socks, and weejuns.
yeah nice pic- like from the Last Supper- 'Jesus gives Peter the keys to sartorial heaven'post #49925 of 787224/19/13 at 7:57pmpost #49926 of 787224/19/13 at 11:17pmpost #49927 of 787224/20/13 at 2:39amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
NYI - the dark orange trousers are nuts. But if you're going to rock them - and they're certainly fun - the pale orange bag and the light brown shoes need to go IMO. Much darker brown shoes would be better, I think, and either no bag or dark brown (or beige) one. I'd also think about a pale blue shirt but there's something to be said for the bold top/bottom contrast too.
Didn't particularly want to wear a suit & tie today, so had to come up with something more relaxed for the grey/black/white challenge theme:
In keeping with the theme, the socks are a black/grey argyle, and I chose a black leather strap watch & a silver cisele patterned pen just to keep it going...
Damn nice! Where's this shirt from?post #49928 of 787224/20/13 at 3:58amQuote:Originally Posted by YRR92
It's great for my ego, though.
Thanks, all. I'm very flattered.
Sharply Tailored, they are indeed flapped patch pockets. This is pretty much what I regard as the ideal of the post-3/2 sack American-type navy blazer: blue hopsack, soft shoulders, 2-btn darted, single vent, swelled edges, flap & patch pockets, brass buttons.
The reason we re-post the pics and not spoil it is specifically to flatter your ego, and to tell you in no uncertain terms how well we think you have done in terms of your outfit. Dude from where you came from with your crinkly non-fitting collars (with buttons no less) both on this site and the other. I am also specifically saying that your outfit is NOT perfect, not by one helluva long shot, but I do think it is a milestone for you, so keep taking those style tips they won't do you any harm.
I also think you should tell your girl to worry more about her own complexion than yours, in other words go get yourself a shave (bearded blonds don't cut it so good) and a hair cut!! Did I say that, sorry I meant you to go get yourself a hair style complete with a good dose of hair product gel to keep it that way all day.post #49929 of 787224/20/13 at 4:23ampost #49930 of 787224/20/13 at 4:26ampost #49931 of 787224/20/13 at 4:40ampost #49932 of 787224/20/13 at 4:55ampost #49933 of 787224/20/13 at 6:01ampost #49934 of 787224/20/13 at 7:48ampost #49935 of 787224/20/13 at 7:51amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Spandexter
Jacket - Suit Supply
Shirt - Barba
Tie - Henry Carter Navy Cashmere Knit (great ties, check out the affiliate thread)
Pants - Epaulet
Shoes - Carmina
Spandexter, what fit is the SS jacket? Napoli?
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › A W Bauer & Co 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 6 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 8 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 11 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...