or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3322  

post #49816 of 78723

Nice combo, MRMstl... deets on the jacket?

post #49817 of 78723

Love the tie stitchy.

post #49818 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelman 17 View Post

Looks good Stitchy, one of your better efforts. I agree on the PS, especially with such a simple jacket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FillW View Post

What happened? Did you give up on pocket squares?
You've got a lot of room for experimentation there. I seem to remember you wearing white squares as I was trying to catch up by looking at last year's posts.

thank you kindly, gents.

axelman - high praise coming from a well dressed gent such as yourself. thanks.

while the right PS could have been great, lets be honest, the likelihood that a guy who never wears a PS would not fail, otherwise ruining a solid fit, is pretty low. i am pretty solid in my non wearing of PSs, but if i ever feel truly confident in my pairing of the rest of the items, i may be willing to add another layer. not likely though. only time will tell.

FillW - for a short while, like 2 or 3 fits, i wore a plain white PS. did not love it. felt i was forcing the issue, so i left it alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Love the tie stitchy.

thanks, roger!
post #49819 of 78723
Taking the new Kent Wang pocket square for a spin, complete with scrunched up sitting in my chair picture. cheers.

post #49820 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post



thank you kindly, gents.

axelman - high praise coming from a well dressed gent such as yourself. thanks.

while the right PS could have been great, lets be honest, the likelihood that a guy who never wears a PS would not fail, otherwise ruining a solid fit, is pretty low. i am pretty solid in my non wearing of PSs, but if i ever feel truly confident in my pairing of the rest of the items, i may be willing to add another layer. not likely though. only time will tell.

FillW - for a short while, like 2 or 3 fits, i wore a plain white PS. did not love it. felt i was forcing the issue, so i left it alone.
thanks, roger!

 Interesting comment. I never feel that way about wearing anything that I haven't worn a lot before. I like exploring unexplored terrain, so to speak. biggrin.gif

 

 I like to see how people will react to seeing me wearing something different. As long as I'm confident I look OK in my own mind I'm comfortable.

 

 I'll admit I've only touched the surface on wearing pocket squares so I keep looking at the PS thread to get ideas (and here). I really admire Spoo for wearing all the different combos in this thread. He takes more chances than anyone else. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #49821 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by FillW View Post

 Interesting comment. I never feel that way about wearing anything that I haven't worn a lot before. I like exploring unexplored terrain, so to speak. biggrin.gif
I like to see how people will react to seeing me wearing something different. As long as I'm confident I look OK in my own mind I'm comfortable.
I'll admit I've only touched the surface on wearing pocket squares so I keep looking at the PS thread to get ideas (and here). I really admire Spoo for wearing all the different combos in this thread. He takes more chances than anyone else. icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

im all for trying new looks, but for me the PS is an easy way to ruin a good fit. to me it falls in one of 3 categories.

1. can take the fit to a new level

2. neither adds nor detracts

3. ruins the fit

as a guy who is still learning his A B Cs of getting his jacket/tie/shirt right, i think trying to add a 4th component at the same time would only hamper my progress. also, im just not a PS lover. tbh, most of the time i see them here, even ones that garner praise, dont rock my world. but of course, to each their own.

lastly, while spoo takes plenty of chances, dont fool yourself into think that his combinations are not coldly calculated. he knows what he is doing. not everyone may love them, but they are not by chance.

best of luck to you in your journey!
post #49822 of 78723

 Stitches: Yeah, you're into the tie thing and I prefer to skip that and use pocket squares. biggrin.gif

post #49823 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by FillW View Post

 Stitches: Yeah, you're into the tie thing and I prefer to skip that and use pocket squares. biggrin.gif

interestingly enough, i fing i like PSs more when worn SC no tie, than with a tie. adds something extra to a casual fit.
post #49824 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

im all for trying new looks, but for me the PS is an easy way to ruin a good fit. to me it falls in one of 3 categories.

1. can take the fit to a new level

2. neither adds nor detracts

3. ruins the fit

as a guy who is still learning his A B Cs of getting his jacket/tie/shirt right, i think trying to add a 4th component at the same time would only hamper my progress. also, im just not a PS lover. tbh, most of the time i see them here, even ones that garner praise, dont rock my world. but of course, to each their own.

lastly, while spoo takes plenty of chances, dont fool yourself into think that his combinations are not coldly calculated. he knows what he is doing. not everyone may love them, but they are not by chance.

best of luck to you in your journey!

Two words: Cream square foo.gif
post #49825 of 78723
not sure if srs.
post #49826 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

MY CUSTOM JACKET MAKER REVEALED! smile.gif


 Hey, it says in the article that you don't want to pay thousands of dollars for (a jacket?). Doesn't the RTW/OTR stuff you usually post wearing cost thousands of dollars?

post #49827 of 78723
post #49828 of 78723

There are some really great outfits over the past 24hrs. I think the change in climate is bringing out the best in people. I thought TTO's most recent pic (the checked suit with wide-striped shirt) was probably one of my all-time fave SF pics, actually. Unusual & vibrant, yet worked together well as an ensemble.

 

Far from inspired but I'm too much a creature of habit not to post anyway...

 

post #49829 of 78723

+1 on the general consensus on Spoo's jacket, it looks great. Ed seems to offer a great semi-bespoke product at a very competitive price - wish I wasn't across the pond... I wish him the best of luck with his new service. smile.gif

post #49830 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

+1 on the general consensus on Spoo's jacket, it looks great. Ed seems to offer a great semi-bespoke product at a very competitive price - wish I wasn't across the pond... I wish him the best of luck with his new service. smile.gif

 

I wrote to him and he says that distance is not an issue, he thought I was in Spain. The only inconvinience is that you will need to pay the shipping to get the first try back to him. I still thinks it's a very attractive offer. 

 


NYI: That's and awsome outfit!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III