or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3311  

post #49651 of 78723
thanks, B!
post #49652 of 78723
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

A friend's kid's first birthday. They are big deals here and require monetary gifts, in this case $150 (family members give in the thousands). Money for first birthdays and funerals is still something I'm getting used to.

You know, I kind of like it. It has an honesty about it. No game-playing about finding "just the right present to express my feelings". Clean & simple.

 

Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

A68781A6-379B-481E-8F7C-42D3FCD151E0-17958-000008A063247836.jpg

Originally Posted by Albert Hal View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

AppleMark

2 great looks, enhanced by the hats.

 

Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

The weather here in nashville is finally starting to warm up...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

I love the idea of using the spring colours within a darker fit. I wonder if the tie & shoes are pulling a little too separately (ie causing the eye to keep jumping from one to the one rather than taking the whole look in). Maybe the bright tie (or shoes) alone would have been enough to create the same spring effect.

 

Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

as usual, i really dont like how the full fit came out today.

It's 90% good. Shoes, socks, suit & shirt are all fine. A stronger/brighter tie (or a solid black, if going the other way) would have nailed this IMO.

post #49653 of 78723
^^agree completely HF. good call on the shoes.
post #49654 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

 

I love the idea of using the spring colours within a darker fit. I wonder if the tie & shoes are pulling a little too separately (ie causing the eye to keep jumping from one to the one rather than taking the whole look in). Maybe the bright tie (or shoes) alone would have been enough to create the same spring effect.

 

When I saw this, I was thinking that even though I don't normally like really bright ties or light shoes with darker suits, I liked this fit. I think it might be because the shoes pull my eye away from the tie and vice versa. If one or the other were more sober, I think I'd feel like I was paying attention to just the bright one. Also, I think the pattern use is crucial here -- more than one pattern, and it would be too busy, but it wouldn't look as good without the patterned shirt.

post #49655 of 78723
post #49656 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

It's 90% good. Shoes, socks, suit & shirt are all fine. A stronger/brighter tie (or a solid black, if going the other way) would have nailed this IMO.

thank, HF. might try that next time.
post #49657 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappelan View Post


I know that there has already been discussion about these shoes, but what I am still curious about is the "why"? It's like your outfit is a mullet - business on top, party (well, a casual hipster party) on the bottom. If I cover the bottom half of the picture you're meeting with clients. If I cover the top half, you're running errands around the park. I'm confused. Show me the light.
post #49658 of 78723
Today

post #49659 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post

I know that there has already been discussion about these shoes, but what I am still curious about is the "why"? It's like your outfit is a mullet - business on top, party (well, a casual hipster party) on the bottom. If I cover the bottom half of the picture you're meeting with clients. If I cover the top half, you're running errands around the park. I'm confused. Show me the light.

If the denim was something special, and the kicks were cooler, then it might work. I'd also go for a knitted wool tie or an old ivy-style repp number if I was going for a tie at all.
post #49660 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by aMb View Post

Today


fistbump.gif
post #49661 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by aMb View Post

Today


fistbump.gif
post #49662 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinDonuts View Post

I know that there has already been discussion about these shoes, but what I am still curious about is the "why"? It's like your outfit is a mullet - business on top, party (well, a casual hipster party) on the bottom. If I cover the bottom half of the picture you're meeting with clients. If I cover the top half, you're running errands around the park. I'm confused. Show me the light.

+1. I can't make sense out of a tie paired with orange sneakers. And I can only make sense of orange sneakers when actually jogging.
post #49663 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by aMb View Post

Today Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

very nice. great job on the brightness adjustment. this looks dead on.
post #49664 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

+1. I can't make sense out of a tie paired with orange sneakers. And I can only make sense of orange sneakers when actually jogging.

agreed. i think it was whimsical when he wore them with denim and sportcoat and no tie...but i think this is a no go.


post #49665 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by aMb View Post

Today

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Nice suit, mate!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III