or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3299  

post #49471 of 78723
thanks for all the thumbs up guys smile.gif
post #49472 of 78723


inamore brushed cotton SC
Mattabisch by Kiton shirt
Brooks Brothers linen spotted tie
Drakes cotton pochette
Creed Neroli Sauvage
J. Crew
Gaziano & Girling
post #49473 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post


Quote:


Originally Posted by Phat Guido View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
What I had before getting tempted during my fitting



Picked up new SC (2nd version of my 1B SB P Johnson in navy Loro Piana "The Wave" cloth & tie (black/navy 2 tone silk knit from Drakes













You are kicking ass. As always.


Quote:


Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
No spring entry for me today as it's 29 degrees in NY


It's also my first casual Friday in the past 15 years or so










It's odd seeing jeans in this thread. It took me some time to wrap my mind around it and judge the fit objectively. I think this works very nicely.


Quote:


Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spring Challenge. Of course, I am probably one of the few guys on here that is actually getting some Spring weather today.



Domenico Spano Dupioni Suit

Borrelli shirt

Roundtree and Yorke tie

Borrelli suede longwings.


Have a good one!


Mike










The shoes. The suit.
altogether very tasteful, definetly, but may I suggest, those monks would be even more charming with slimfitting and shorter jeans, instead of bootcut ones; I personally think monks always should be worn with shorter pants, it brings out their special charm
post #49474 of 78723
Nothing special today....





Suit: MJ Bale
Shirt: Cottonwork
Tie: Henry Carter Burgundy Grenadine 7 fold
PS: Henry Carter white Irish linen
Shoes: Meermin MTO
post #49475 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander View Post

Morning (Ercoles x 2, Yellow Hook, Epaulet, Carmina):

Details on the bag?
post #49476 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pembers View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

I LOLd so hard at this (no offence), as it makes no sense! It has NOTHING to do with the economic crisis! The recession is to do with all the European countries sharing one currency and how that has failed (which was so obvious from the start--kindergarten logic).

Europe still lacks the fiscal/political union without which the Euro has always been destined to fail. Why? Because nationalism/particularism remains powerful. So despite your incredulous tone you're wrong, and he's right.

From what I've seen of you on this forum you are fucking irritating (no offence).

I won't start an argument in this thread, because a. wrong thread and b. you've called me irritating (and internet calling out never goes anywhere), but nationalism has increased rapidly since the collapse of the Euro which makes sense. The main reason the Euro failed is: When one countries fucks up, the others either fuck up or prop up. This time, it was an incredibly big fuck-up. Of course, countries left, right and center are saying they want to go it alone and why shouldn't they?
post #49477 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

I won't start an argument in this thread, because a. wrong thread and b. you've called me irritating (and internet calling out never goes anywhere), but nationalism has increased rapidly since the collapse of the Euro which makes sense. The main reason the Euro failed is: When one countries fucks up, the others either fuck up or prop up. This time, it was an incredibly big fuck-up. Of course, countries left, right and center are saying they want to go it alone and why shouldn't they?

For some reason I just know that Crusty will be able to explain this all to us perfectly.
post #49478 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd View Post

Details on the bag?

Industry Portage:

http://www.industryportage.com/collections/in-stock/products/canvas-briefcase-g-b

Company is run by a friend of mine and good guy, Julio.
post #49479 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

regardless of colors. It is too busy for that jacket.

If the shirt were solid, like a light blue, and the tie was solid, does the PS work better? As long as the whole ensemble isn't too busy, I don't mind the hank, cause my eyes are more drawn to the little pop of color.
post #49480 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander View Post

Industry Portage:

http://www.industryportage.com/collections/in-stock/products/canvas-briefcase-g-b

Company is run by a friend of mine and good guy, Julio.

Thank you very much NYR
post #49481 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirailleur1 View Post

I believe Canandians and South Americans woukd take offense if you called them American.
Anyways let us move on

I do not, after all I've born in the American continent.
The correct naming for the United States of America citizens in Brazilian Portuguese is "estadunidenses".
post #49482 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirailleur1 View Post

you do know Europe is a continent and America is a country. And in terms of the US being homogenous, New York, Chicago and even Houston will debunk that theory.

Well now this is the most simultaneously arrogant and ignorant statement I've read in a while.  My friends in Chile consider themselves American quite truly and correctly just as much as we do in the USA.  There are two American continents and the USA does not fully occupy either of them.

post #49483 of 78723
Oh God, when will all this end?!
post #49484 of 78723

Part of citizens of the US referring to themselves as "American"...and most of the world doing so also...might be a bit of arrogance/nationalism/whathaveyou on our part. I think a bigger part is just practicality. What else do you call us in English? I generally introduce myself as Texan when I'm abroad (as most people know where Texas is).

 

The only country with that problem is United Arab Emirates. They are referred to as the Emirati (suggesting Americans could be referred to as Statesian), but the Emirati also refer to an ethnic group.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Elfo View Post

The correct naming for the United States of America citizens in Brazilian Portuguese is "estadunidenses".

I can dig it.

post #49485 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by apack View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirailleur1 View Post

you do know Europe is a continent and America is a country. And in terms of the US being homogenous, New York, Chicago and even Houston will debunk that theory.
Well now this is the most simultaneously arrogant and ignorant statement I've read in a while.  My friends in Chile consider themselves American quite truly and correctly just as much as we do in the USA.  There are two American continents and the USA does not fully occupy either of them.

When your friends in Chile refer to their nationality, do they call themselves Americanos or Chilenos? Because if it's the latter (and I think we all know that it is) you're getting your dander up over nothing. Or, to put it another way, if you go around the world and say you're an American, that noun only needs a modifier if you're not from the United States.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III