Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3299post #49471 of 787244/10/13 at 2:31pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #49472 of 787244/10/13 at 3:15pmpost #49473 of 787244/10/13 at 3:39pmQuote:altogether very tasteful, definetly, but may I suggest, those monks would be even more charming with slimfitting and shorter jeans, instead of bootcut ones; I personally think monks always should be worn with shorter pants, it brings out their special charmOriginally Posted by acecowQuote:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)What I had before getting tempted during my fitting
Picked up new SC (2nd version of my 1B SB P Johnson in navy Loro Piana "The Wave" cloth & tie (black/navy 2 tone silk knit from Drakes
You are kicking ass. As always.Quote:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)No spring entry for me today as it's 29 degrees in NY
It's also my first casual Friday in the past 15 years or so
It's odd seeing jeans in this thread. It took me some time to wrap my mind around it and judge the fit objectively. I think this works very nicely.Quote:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Spring Challenge. Of course, I am probably one of the few guys on here that is actually getting some Spring weather today.
Domenico Spano Dupioni Suit
Roundtree and Yorke tie
Borrelli suede longwings.
Have a good one!
The shoes. The suit.post #49474 of 787244/10/13 at 4:04pmpost #49475 of 787244/10/13 at 4:44pmpost #49476 of 787244/10/13 at 5:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by PembersQuote:
Europe still lacks the fiscal/political union without which the Euro has always been destined to fail. Why? Because nationalism/particularism remains powerful. So despite your incredulous tone you're wrong, and he's right.
From what I've seen of you on this forum you are fucking irritating (no offence).
I won't start an argument in this thread, because a. wrong thread and b. you've called me irritating (and internet calling out never goes anywhere), but nationalism has increased rapidly since the collapse of the Euro which makes sense. The main reason the Euro failed is: When one countries fucks up, the others either fuck up or prop up. This time, it was an incredibly big fuck-up. Of course, countries left, right and center are saying they want to go it alone and why shouldn't they?post #49477 of 787244/10/13 at 5:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
I won't start an argument in this thread, because a. wrong thread and b. you've called me irritating (and internet calling out never goes anywhere), but nationalism has increased rapidly since the collapse of the Euro which makes sense. The main reason the Euro failed is: When one countries fucks up, the others either fuck up or prop up. This time, it was an incredibly big fuck-up. Of course, countries left, right and center are saying they want to go it alone and why shouldn't they?
For some reason I just know that Crusty will be able to explain this all to us perfectly.post #49478 of 787244/10/13 at 5:27pm
Company is run by a friend of mine and good guy, Julio.post #49479 of 787244/10/13 at 5:54pm
If the shirt were solid, like a light blue, and the tie was solid, does the PS work better? As long as the whole ensemble isn't too busy, I don't mind the hank, cause my eyes are more drawn to the little pop of color.post #49480 of 787244/10/13 at 5:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander
Company is run by a friend of mine and good guy, Julio.
Thank you very much NYRpost #49481 of 787244/10/13 at 5:59pmQuote:
I do not, after all I've born in the American continent.
The correct naming for the United States of America citizens in Brazilian Portuguese is "estadunidenses".post #49482 of 787244/10/13 at 6:38pmQuote:
Well now this is the most simultaneously arrogant and ignorant statement I've read in a while. My friends in Chile consider themselves American quite truly and correctly just as much as we do in the USA. There are two American continents and the USA does not fully occupy either of them.post #49483 of 787244/10/13 at 6:53pmpost #49484 of 787244/10/13 at 6:57pm
Part of citizens of the US referring to themselves as "American"...and most of the world doing so also...might be a bit of arrogance/nationalism/whathaveyou on our part. I think a bigger part is just practicality. What else do you call us in English? I generally introduce myself as Texan when I'm abroad (as most people know where Texas is).
The only country with that problem is United Arab Emirates. They are referred to as the Emirati (suggesting Americans could be referred to as Statesian), but the Emirati also refer to an ethnic group.Quote:
I can dig it.post #49485 of 787244/10/13 at 7:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by apack
When your friends in Chile refer to their nationality, do they call themselves Americanos or Chilenos? Because if it's the latter (and I think we all know that it is) you're getting your dander up over nothing. Or, to put it another way, if you go around the world and say you're an American, that noun only needs a modifier if you're not from the United States.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 9 seconds ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 14 seconds ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 19 seconds ago
- › NFL 2014-2015 Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 57 seconds ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 59 seconds ago
- › Superman VS Batman - Movie Thread (May 6, 2016) 1 minute ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)