or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3279

post #49171 of 75897
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

happy friday!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 


Local tailor bespoke blue herringbone SC, Borrelli shirt, Massimo Bizzocchi tie, Yount trous, no name cream silk PS.

 

Jacket looks very nice!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffenbp11 View Post

I love the colour of that sports coat Derek. Agree that lighter trousers probably would work better.

Here's my effort today. Nothing exiting...

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



 


have a nice weekend everyone

 

Nothing exciting, you say, but sometimes "nothing excinting" is very good! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



 

 

Nice jacket estitchy! And new "estitchy pose"? laugh.gif

post #49172 of 75897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

Nice jacket estitchy! And new "estitchy pose"? laugh.gif

thanks, B. new pose was not intentional, lol. just was the pose i was in when the auto timer went off. tongue.gif


SVB - lookin good, meng.
post #49173 of 75897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syeknom View Post



Wonderful. What material is that tie?

Thanks for the kind words and thumbs everyone. The tie is a 7-fold Barba. It doesn't say what it is made of, but I am guessing a silk linen blend
post #49174 of 75897
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Thanks for playing, Señor Crust! Don't forget to post in the challenge thread.

Oops. Can't post there until this evening - arghhhhh. (I think that SVB may have made the same mistake - ironically enough, he also chose to wear a double-breasted suit - a prime temptation for Styleforum Robot to compare the two of us shog[1].gif ).
post #49175 of 75897
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Thanks for playing, Señor Crust! Don't forget to post in the challenge thread.

Oops. Can't post there until this evening - arghhhhh. (I think that SVB may have made the same mistake - ironically enough, he also chose to wear a double-breasted suit - a prime temptation for Styleforum Robot to compare the two of us shog[1].gif ).

 

I had to check to see what you were talking about (I don't post on this side as often), but the suit above is actually charcoal, although I can see it's picking up some blue-ish light maybe. I'm also wearing Bexley shoes which is a brand I originally discovered by seeing them worn by you.

post #49176 of 75897
Sorry for crummy lighting, the tie is a camel brown herringbone wool. Last chance to wear winter items? In Michigan, you never quite know for sure...
Dark indigo selvedge denim and light brown suede chukkas on the bottom.


post #49177 of 75897
I'm not a fan of jeans with sportcoats but when you add a tie to it, I think any chance you had of making it work goes out the window.
post #49178 of 75897
I can appreciate that but to give you some context I work in academia and already get funny looks for wearing a tie at all. The jeans help bring it down a notch and fridays in most academic settings are somewhat casual. I have a pair of light grey flannels that probably would have worked better though so I will concede that point.
post #49179 of 75897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citan1145 View Post

Sorry for crummy lighting, the tie is a camel brown herringbone wool. Last chance to wear winter items? In Michigan, you never quite know for sure...
Dark indigo selvedge denim and light brown suede chukkas on the bottom.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

I like the jacket. 

post #49180 of 75897
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Perfect counterpoint to those who are always yammering on about how black shoes are only appropriate for funerals.  Looks good here, IMO.
who says that?
are you confusing it with the "black SUIT is only appropriate for funeral" comment?
post #49181 of 75897
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

I had to check to see what you were talking about (I don't post on this side as often), but the suit above is actually charcoal, although I can see it's picking up some blue-ish light maybe. I'm also wearing Bexley shoes which is a brand I originally discovered by seeing them worn by you.

Your suit looked blue (or blue-ish) on my monitor, and between the suit and our glasses (similar style frames), it seemed an interesting coincidence.

I hope that my tacit recommendation of Bexley shoes proved to be a good one, since you followed my example and bought a pair. Wear them in good health.
post #49182 of 75897
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post

who says that?
are you confusing it with the "black SUIT is only appropriate for funeral" comment?

Quadcammer. He has a huge issue with black shoes. rolleyes.gif
post #49183 of 75897
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post


I hope that my tacit recommendation of Bexley shoes proved to be a good one, since you followed my example and bought a pair. Wear them in good health.

Hopefully better than Warren Buffet's recommendation for Dexter Shoes...
post #49184 of 75897
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Hopefully better than Warren Buffet's recommendation for Dexter Shoes...

Grant me a slightly higher style quotient than the Oracle of Omaha . . . smile.gif
post #49185 of 75897
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post


I, too, thought this was navy. Despite its unsuitability for the challenge, still very nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Thanks for playing, Señor Crust! Don't forget to post in the challenge thread.

Oops. Can't post there until this evening - arghhhhh. (I think that SVB may have made the same mistake - ironically enough, he also chose to wear a double-breasted suit - a prime temptation for Styleforum Robot to compare the two of us shog[1].gif ).

I quoted your post over there, so you're set!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III