Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3274post #49096 of 787234/4/13 at 7:12am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #49097 of 787234/4/13 at 7:39ampost #49098 of 787234/4/13 at 7:43ampost #49099 of 787234/4/13 at 7:51ampost #49100 of 787234/4/13 at 7:53ampost #49101 of 787234/4/13 at 7:56ampost #49102 of 787234/4/13 at 8:04amDerekS, I don't think mixing wine red and true red works.
GMMcL, you may regret nothing, but I hope that next time you'll choose different pants.
Stitchy, I would like that better with a lighter shade of blue for the shirt. Not to get all but there isn't enough contrast with the tie. This is the challenge of gray ties IMO.post #49103 of 787234/4/13 at 8:12amSB - I hear that, and it's probably not a bad idea. I like this shirt with this jacket though because they both have a purpleish hue. I wanted to give this tie a whirl, i like it, but maybe I'll try lighter shirt or darker tie next time.post #49104 of 787234/4/13 at 8:21amQuote:
Wat. I don't agree with any of this (except that lining thing).
There is red and then there is red, though it does look better with a light blue shirt. And for white or black tie I wouldn't use suspenders with leather tabs, but knitted ends.post #49105 of 787234/4/13 at 8:26ampost #49106 of 787234/4/13 at 8:35amQuote:Originally Posted by Syeknom
I'm a moderator and frequent contributor there, yeah.
It's unfair to judge MFA by the same yardstick really - it's a very different audience. It's primary demographic are 16-25 year old American students with little-to-no money. They usually visit to learn how to go from cargo-shorts, graphic t-shirt and maybe a fedora to being able to express themselves confidently and articulately - be that in a professional, street-wear or other sphere. There's a lot of really knowledgeable and helpful people there, a lot in-depth discussion about all aspects of fashion and some really great dressers too. It's just a very different place than styleforum.
Don't get me wrong, I think MFA is a great learning environment, and educating people about the way they dress is a noble goal. I just feel the discussion has a limited scope at times, and revolves around a limited amount of topics. I just wish there was a subreddit similar to styleforum, because I do prefer reddit's system over the kind of outdated layout of styleforum.post #49107 of 787234/4/13 at 8:35ampost #49108 of 787234/4/13 at 8:39amQuote:
Red is bad IMO. Burgundy is good though.post #49109 of 787234/4/13 at 9:10am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 50 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 6 minutes ago
- › RLBL Navy DB blazer (42L) - Made in Italy by Caruso. Might work for... 8 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › BUMS, HIPS AND BREAST ENLARGEMENT, STRETCH MARKS REMOVAL +27738148152 17 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 18 minutes ago
- › BUMS, HIPS AND BREAST ENLARGEMENT, STRETCH MARKS REMOVAL +27738148152 19 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)