or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3242  

post #48616 of 78722
Lack of iPhone self pic skilz is why I don't post pice here.


Isaia
Culturata
Massimo Bizzocchi
Carrot & Gibbs square

Unseen
Black ( I know I know) flannel Coppley
Black Bontoni wholecuts
post #48617 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

Second, how is your vocabulary so ridiculous?


Due to me being born and growing up right next to the French border of West-Germany and having been taught Spanish and Latin as well as basic ancient Greek in high school I would consider myself well equipped with a vast vocabulary in both Germanic and Romanic/Neo Latin languages which may have given me a little advantage when learning English.

 

If you learn a language by reading it is easy to appear more eloquent and to make fewer mistakes in writing than your average native speaker who seldom puts a book in his hands. For instance you won't see many foreigners mistake you're and your or affect and effect simply because most of us didn't learn English aurally. But it takes years of language immersion until you can trick people into thinking that you are a native while having an actual conversation. Though luckily I met very few linguists yet who scrutinized my articulation enough or witnessed me slipping up to instantly uncover my deep dark secret. I wouldn't go so far though as to compare myself to Joseph Conrad...yet.

post #48618 of 78722
Running around like a madman today! Finally got to upload some pics...

A rare full pic, courtesy of a coworker:




Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Guido-esque pic:



And Closeup:



RLPL
Borrelli (true color in first pic)
Barba 7fold
Tom Ford
GG dubmonks

Edited by ianGP - 3/28/13 at 7:41pm
post #48619 of 78722
eh...i dunno why the pics are so small...
post #48620 of 78722
Originally Posted by FillW View Post

 

Do the sleeves "show" with the turtlenecks OTR the way you like them or do you have to get them altered? Also, what do you wear underneath

 

 

I've never had a jumper altered, ever. I just buy brands that fit me reasonably well, and then deal with sleeve length by folding the cuff back once if needed. It seems to me that jumpers are generally made with reasonably snug-fitted - and long - cuffs, specifically to allow this to be done easily. As for what's underneath, I always wear a cotton undershirt of some sort with turtlenecks. I never wear one with shirts though; go figure. :)

 

Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon View Post

and a little shearling...

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

17669.jpg

 

 

This is probably one of my favourite casual jackets I've seen posted here. Details, please!

 

Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

The shirt collars are a miss for me i think...a bit too small for my tastes. Thoughts?

 

Nice rich colours in this. I see what you mean about the shirt collar, and would agree. But probably wouldn't have even noticed it at just a glance if you hadn't mentioned it. Make of that conundrum what you will. :)

 

Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post

Our crazy dog lady tax accountant recently found an excuse which allows her apparently to bring her two overzealous tick catchers to work every day.

 

I'm a cat rather than dog person but I was ever going to get a dog, it probably would be a dachshund. Cute little beasties. Still, I prefer cats 'cos they can look after themselves mostly. :)

 

Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire View Post

Bespoke overcoat is great fun from immensly heavy Harrison's camelhair/wool with 'Edwardian' back, I have to take a nice image of that some day.

 

Difficult to tell much about the outfit, but I really look forward to seeing those pics of the overcoat. It sounds lovely.

post #48621 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
new tie thursday
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

new chocolate raw silk by Vanda.....G and his wife outdo themselves...Absolutely LOVE these ties. Light, perfect drape and length, beautifully constructed.
Square is EG Cappelli, noname sportcoat, panta trous and G&G Hoves.

The shirt collars are a miss for me i think...a bit too small for my tastes. Thoughts?

OMG! I was getting an order ready for Gerald for that same tie!! inlove.gif the new navy pindot is lookin' mighty hot too
post #48622 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post


Is the jacket from Banana Republic?


Yes; you have the same if I recall?

post #48623 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flake View Post

Sir, those aren't DOGS, they are dachshunds. A species much superior to the common dog. Just ask them. I haven't met one yet that wasn't convinced it was a human temporarily wearing a dog suit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post


Besides, they're not only dachshunds, but long-haired dachshunds, the friendlier (by far) variant of said pooches (the smooth-coated ones have no personalities, in my limited experience).



Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

Yeah... I find it pretty hard to hate on dachshunds.


Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

inb4spoo.

smile.gif How you know?
post #48624 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post



Whoever designed that tie was praying that some sophisticated executive would use it and match it half as well as Spoo has in this fit.


(And boys, beware: This fit could be a gateway drug to a FULL three-piece...especially dangerous with the pressure of Easter Sunday Best coming up...just because that Spoo Boy down the street messes around with vests does not mean they are for everyone...)
post #48625 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianGP View Post

eh...i dunno why the pics are so small...

did you upload via the mobile site? anyhow, looking good, mang.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

smile.gif How you know?

i just do. oh, thats right, you mention it all the time. thats how.
post #48626 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post

Whoever designed that tie was praying that some sophisticated executive would use it and match it half as well as Spoo has in this fit.

the tie is attolini. smile.gif
post #48627 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post


Due to me being born and growing up right next to the French border of West-Germany and having been taught Spanish and Latin as well as basic ancient Greek in high school I would consider myself well equipped with a vast vocabulary in both Germanic and Romanic/Neo Latin languages which may have given me a little advantage when learning English.

If you learn a language by reading it is easy to appear more eloquent and to make fewer mistakes in writing than your average native speaker who seldom puts a book in his hands. For instance you won't see many foreigners mistake you're and your or affect and effect simply because most of us didn't learn English aurally. But it takes years of language immersion until you can trick people into thinking that you are a native while having an actual conversation. Though luckily I met very few linguists yet who scrutinized my articulation enough or witnessed me slipping up to instantly uncover my deep dark secret. I wouldn't go so far though as to compare myself to Joseph Conrad...yet.

You are obviously a scholarly man. As a German intellectual, at what age were you first exposed to the works of Veronica Moser?
post #48628 of 78722
More Wishy-Washyness

17682.jpg
17688.jpg
17689.jpg

17701.jpg
post #48629 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

did you upload via the mobile site? anyhow, looking good, mang.

Yeh shog[1].gif

Oh wells, thx mang!
post #48630 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post



Hackett
Finamore
J. Crew
Attolini
Talbott
Creed Epicea
Panta
Crockett Jones

Nice Jacket!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianGP View Post

Running around like a madman today! Finally got to upload some pics...

A rare full pic, courtesy of a coworker:




Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Guido-esque pic:



And Closeup:



RLPL
Borrelli (true color in first pic)
Barba 7fold
Tom Ford
GG dubmonks

Really nice Ian!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III