DOOOOO IT. I really dont think theres any tie on that site i wouldnt love. cant go wrong with any of em!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3239post #48571 of 787213/28/13 at 5:45am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #48572 of 787213/28/13 at 5:58amQuote:
Thanks for the encouragement (my wallet was less happy about it though)
In the end I went for a burnt orange cashmere, a burgundy silk repp and a blue/brown check silk/linen. I've been drooling over the cashmere tie for quite some time now. Let the waiting begin....post #48573 of 787213/28/13 at 6:05am
I've been lusting after that chocolate raw silk on their site for some time now - I don't need this temptation!
Looks brilliant though, nice outfit. I think I'd prefer it with a light blue shirt with slightly bigger/more spread collars though.Quote:
The cashmere looks exquisite.
Edited by Syeknom - 3/28/13 at 6:15ampost #48574 of 787213/28/13 at 6:22am
I bought them at Paul Stuart in New York, but according to the store (and to the experts online who recognize heel nail patterns), they are Grenson Masterpiece.
Thanks. A Homburg isn't that easy to wear (one has to be of a certain age to wear it, rather than it wearing the wearer), but I happen to like the hat with today's topcoat. I would have preferred the hat in grey, but it was not available - maybe when next I am in London (rumored to be the end of May), I can visit Lock or Bates and see if they have a grey one in my size.post #48575 of 787213/28/13 at 6:27amQuote:Originally Posted by DerekS
new tie thursday Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
new chocolate raw silk by Vanda.....G and his wife outdo themselves...Absolutely LOVE these ties. Light, perfect drape and length, beautifully constructed.
Square is EG Cappelli, noname sportcoat, panta trous and G&G Hoves.
The shirt collars are a miss for me i think...a bit too small for my tastes. Thoughts?
Agreed on the shirt collar. Longer collar points would be better. The spread angle looks good though, so there's that.
I just added a brown knit to my tie selection, and I've probably worn it three or four times in a couple weeks. I really like that raw silk too though. The decisions we have to make...post #48576 of 787213/28/13 at 6:27ampost #48577 of 787213/28/13 at 6:31amQuote:I was wondering that because I have a pair of Grenson G Zero boots (the collection that "replaced" the Masterpiece collection):
The overall look of them are very similar to your boots, but I see now that it totally makes sense that they do look alikepost #48578 of 787213/28/13 at 6:35ampost #48579 of 787213/28/13 at 6:41ampost #48580 of 787213/28/13 at 6:45amQuote:
Completely agree, RDiaz.
CP, in addition to the unbuttoned cuff, that shirt and tie is way too country for such a city suit IMO.
I do like the color combo though.post #48581 of 787213/28/13 at 6:51ampost #48582 of 787213/28/13 at 6:52ampost #48583 of 787213/28/13 at 6:53ampost #48584 of 787213/28/13 at 6:56am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 3 minutes ago
- › RF Clark Saddlery Briefcase 4 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 17 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 22 minutes ago
- › Hall of Shame - eBay Listing Bloopers, What NOT to do 25 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 25 minutes ago
- › Metal aglets? 30 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 36 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 39 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015