Wtf, I didn't even notice the plaid at first glance.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3236post #48526 of 787233/27/13 at 11:44am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #48527 of 787233/27/13 at 11:45ampost #48528 of 787233/27/13 at 11:48ampost #48529 of 787233/27/13 at 11:48ampost #48530 of 787233/27/13 at 12:01pmpost #48531 of 787233/27/13 at 12:02pmpost #48532 of 787233/27/13 at 12:19pmQuote:
This jacket is fantastic. Those lapels and roped shoulders have "authority". I think that this is the best of all your posts which are always good. The conservative striped shirt with the solid tie perfectly sets up the stage for that bright pocket square. Que bien!post #48533 of 787233/27/13 at 12:21pmQuote:
Not quite. Fil-a-fil, end on end, and chambray are all just plain woven fabrics with different colored warps and weft. A tick weave is more general in that its a fabric with a repeating pattern. A houndstooth is a tick weave that is twill woven. Birdseye is also a tick weave. It's all very esoteric and silly.post #48534 of 787233/27/13 at 12:41pmQuote:great outfit, derekOriginally Posted by DerekS
catching up...took the day off yesterday to go with my wife to see the sonogram. Heres the first pic of my little girl! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
TF for Gucci, Charvey, BR monogram, Magnani shooz
very simple but sleeeeeeek
but.. how many buttons are there on that sleeve?post #48535 of 787233/27/13 at 12:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
Thanks for the kind comment. As for the PS fold, it's quite simple - fold the pocket square in half, diagonally, three times, spreading the points a bit with each fold, then fold the triangle of what you've got left in half, laterally, and simply stuff into your pocket, points end down. Separate, push, pull, re-tuck "to taste", as the recipe books would say . . .
Cheers, I'll give it a try tomorrow!post #48536 of 787233/27/13 at 12:45pmpost #48537 of 787233/27/13 at 1:10pmpost #48538 of 787233/27/13 at 1:16pmQuote:
Do the sleeves "show" with the turtlenecks OTR the way you like them or do you have to get them altered? Also, what do you wear underneath it?
Looks great BTW!post #48539 of 787233/27/13 at 1:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Last MTM jacket experiment, with higher armholes, very lightly padded and roped shoulders, roomier waist, and open quarters. Smoked MOP buttons.
Will probably close the quarters a bit (or make them less rounded), and try to ask them not to make the lapels so "rounded" for future commissions; but overall I'm rather happy. For the price I paid, it doesn't get much better than this.
Strangely enough, this jacket fits better on my right shoulder than on my left - it's always been the other way round.
Great combo, but the crotch area looks strange, almost as if you had put the pants on the wrong way.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Things that are pissing you off. 15 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Recent non-Sartorialist Looks 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones Harlech MTO - Whiskey Cordovan - UPDATE 09/25/13 3 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 4 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)