Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 10:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3236post #48526 of 787173/27/13 at 11:48ampost #48527 of 787173/27/13 at 11:48ampost #48528 of 787173/27/13 at 12:01pmpost #48529 of 787173/27/13 at 12:02pmpost #48530 of 787173/27/13 at 12:19pmQuote:
This jacket is fantastic. Those lapels and roped shoulders have "authority". I think that this is the best of all your posts which are always good. The conservative striped shirt with the solid tie perfectly sets up the stage for that bright pocket square. Que bien!post #48531 of 787173/27/13 at 12:21pmQuote:
Not quite. Fil-a-fil, end on end, and chambray are all just plain woven fabrics with different colored warps and weft. A tick weave is more general in that its a fabric with a repeating pattern. A houndstooth is a tick weave that is twill woven. Birdseye is also a tick weave. It's all very esoteric and silly.post #48532 of 787173/27/13 at 12:41pmQuote:great outfit, derekOriginally Posted by DerekS
catching up...took the day off yesterday to go with my wife to see the sonogram. Heres the first pic of my little girl! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
TF for Gucci, Charvey, BR monogram, Magnani shooz
very simple but sleeeeeeek
but.. how many buttons are there on that sleeve?post #48533 of 787173/27/13 at 12:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
Thanks for the kind comment. As for the PS fold, it's quite simple - fold the pocket square in half, diagonally, three times, spreading the points a bit with each fold, then fold the triangle of what you've got left in half, laterally, and simply stuff into your pocket, points end down. Separate, push, pull, re-tuck "to taste", as the recipe books would say . . .
Cheers, I'll give it a try tomorrow!post #48534 of 787173/27/13 at 12:45pmpost #48535 of 787173/27/13 at 1:10pmpost #48536 of 787173/27/13 at 1:16pmQuote:
Do the sleeves "show" with the turtlenecks OTR the way you like them or do you have to get them altered? Also, what do you wear underneath it?
Looks great BTW!post #48537 of 787173/27/13 at 1:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Last MTM jacket experiment, with higher armholes, very lightly padded and roped shoulders, roomier waist, and open quarters. Smoked MOP buttons.
Will probably close the quarters a bit (or make them less rounded), and try to ask them not to make the lapels so "rounded" for future commissions; but overall I'm rather happy. For the price I paid, it doesn't get much better than this.
Strangely enough, this jacket fits better on my right shoulder than on my left - it's always been the other way round.
Great combo, but the crotch area looks strange, almost as if you had put the pants on the wrong way.post #48538 of 787173/27/13 at 1:30pmpost #48539 of 787173/27/13 at 1:44pmQuote:
hahaha, yeah. I have lost some more weight at the hips area and these pants have double forward pleats, so the extra fabric bunches up in funny ways when I'm not standing perfectly straight
That, and the fact that the trousers are not dressed
clarinetplayer, thanks! You're right in that the roped shoulders add "authority", but the main reason I chose them is because they're very flattering for the nonexistant shoulders God gave mepost #48540 of 787173/27/13 at 2:05pmQuote:Killer look, D! And congrats again on the baybehOriginally Posted by DerekS
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)catching up...took the day off yesterday to go with my wife to see the sonogram. Heres the first pic of my little girl!
and heres the fit from yesterday..
TF for Gucci, Charvey, BR monogram, Magnani shooz
JCrew, Finamore, Chipp grenadine tie, no name PS, yount trous, Ferragamo single monksQuote:I'm about to get on that DB/white buttons bandwagon. Lookin mighty nice!Originally Posted by GMMcL
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Today. An improvement from yesterday, let me assure you, but still not sure I'm back on whatever semblance of game I had.
Last time I tried this SC, SB suggested I try it with lighter, trou and tie. So here's my attempt. I also tried for a lighter square, but couldn't find anything that didn't clash with the gun check tie.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Lovin the summer colors Armando!Originally Posted by Betelgeuse
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:OMG where to kop?? do they have 6speed?Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Who makes the clutch/portfolio?
I'm thinking to get one for the local/light meetings... just curious how it is like without handles or some sort of strap.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 47 seconds ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Lining Material - Lauren Ralph Lauren Linen Sport Coat? 14 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 15 minutes ago
- › S.E.H Kelly 20 minutes ago
- › Cigars 21 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding