or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3233  

post #48481 of 78722

 

 

 

post #48482 of 78722

I like the color combinations, but the jacket would concern me. Looks rather like it came from the top half of a suit. Are those linen trousers? If so they seem a bit cool for a Kiwi autumn. Just got back from NZ btw, beautiful country.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuasaussey View Post

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #48483 of 78722

 

 

 

 

I think my new Gucci loafers go well with jeans.

post #48484 of 78722

More black grenadines!

 

post #48485 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post

Funny thing is, that you were the inspiration that made me buy a turtleneck in the first place, not steve mcqueen..

fistbump.gif

Seen this thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/329846/roll-necks/0_30

?
post #48486 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

I like the color combinations, but the jacket would concern me. Looks rather like it came from the top half of a suit. Are those linen trousers? If so they seem a bit cool for a Kiwi autumn. Just got back from NZ btw, beautiful country.

 

 

Thanks Caustic Man. I bought the jacket as a blazer, what is making it look like a suit jacket? Trousers are worsted wool in a tropical weave. It's still really warm here in Auckland, despite it being officially Autumn. Most of the country is in a drought. Where abouts did you stay?

post #48487 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuasaussey View Post

 

Thanks Caustic Man. I bought the jacket as a blazer, what is making it look like a suit jacket? Trousers are worsted wool in a tropical weave. It's still really warm here in Auckland, despite it being officially Autumn. Most of the country is in a drought. Where abouts did you stay?

 

I'd say the jacket looks suitish just because it lacks the most common features of a blazer. No patch pockets, no MOP/horn/brass/silver buttons, looks like a "suit texture" in the fabric. This has been a big issue at times though, what constitutes a blazer v. a suit jacket? Some people say that you MUST have patch pockets and contrasting buttons, others say simply that you need only have buttons not seen on a suit. Anyway, those trousers are cool, I want a pair. 

 

I stayed in Queenstown and Wanaka. I was there for a friend's wedding. I had a great time, but I only got to stay for a week.

post #48488 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

 

I'd say the jacket looks suitish just because it lacks the most common features of a blazer. No patch pockets, no MOP/horn/brass/silver buttons, looks like a "suit texture" in the fabric. This has been a big issue at times though, what constitutes a blazer v. a suit jacket? Some people say that you MUST have patch pockets and contrasting buttons, others say simply that you need only have buttons not seen on a suit. Anyway, those trousers are cool, I want a pair. 

 

I stayed in Queenstown and Wanaka. I was there for a friend's wedding. I had a great time, but I only got to stay for a week.


That's awesome. I went to Queenstown a couple of years ago. Scenery is unreal, a beautiful place.

post #48489 of 78722

True, I thought Queenstown was beautiful, but I was absolutely blown away by Wanaka. I have never seen anything like it on planet earth. For serious.

post #48490 of 78722
Queenstown is fantastic. I remember going there with some tour group and while they all went bungee jumping, I hired a guide for the day and went fly fishing (I live life on the edge).

Never seen water like it. Azure blue.

Next to India, NZ is the most beautiful place I've ever visited. Lived in Auckland for a year but feel I missed out on what the other cities / towns had to offer.
post #48491 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon View Post

while they all went bungee jumping, I hired a guide for the day and went fly fishing (I live life on the edge).

 

Something to be said for that. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #48492 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterbrain View Post

I love this coat. May I ask who makes it?

Thank you smile.gif

It's RLPL
post #48493 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syeknom View Post

More black grenadines!

 

Really good monochrome outfit Sir. 

Only positive suggestions..

Excellent collar fit, looks snug without being uncomfortable,  good collar height and stance, good tie knot (personal opinion - add a second turn to make it a DFIH to add interesting visual detail).

SC fits well, nice high gorge I like the high sleeve openings as well.

Pocket square is good but again - personal opinion - add more fold or turn it edges and corners up to add interesting visual detail (see example pics below, with respect, I am sure the owners of these pics will not object)

 

Maybe a shiny or brushed steel tie bar/clip, nothing like the glint of steel to catch the eye. (more detail)

 

 

AppleMark

 

 

 

post #48494 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuasaussey View Post

 

Thanks Caustic Man. I bought the jacket as a blazer, what is making it look like a suit jacket? Trousers are worsted wool in a tropical weave. It's still really warm here in Auckland, despite it being officially Autumn. Most of the country is in a drought. Where abouts did you stay?

I'm liking the trad look.

post #48495 of 78722
Up after too little sleep last night (a work emergency). Hopefully it doesn't show in my choices today (the advantage of laying out one's clothes the night before).

Suit - BB
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - Andrew's Ties
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
PS - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - Turnbull & Asser
Hat - Selentino


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)










New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III