Personally, I don't like those collars.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:33 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 4:22 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3195post #47911 of 787213/19/13 at 8:50am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #47912 of 787213/19/13 at 8:50ampost #47913 of 787213/19/13 at 8:53ampost #47914 of 787213/19/13 at 8:55ampost #47915 of 787213/19/13 at 8:56ampost #47916 of 787213/19/13 at 9:01ampost #47917 of 787213/19/13 at 9:15ampost #47918 of 787213/19/13 at 9:29amQuote:
Thanks. Sadly, I've another month of jacket wearing weather, at which point ties and and jackets get closeted until September. Soon it'll be all slacks and dress shirts. And they won't be OCBD either. I'm going to miss this thread.
local bespokepost #47919 of 787213/19/13 at 9:57ampost #47920 of 787213/19/13 at 10:10ampost #47921 of 787213/19/13 at 10:18am
^ A non-stripy tie would be better, but I like the monochrome colour scheme.Originally Posted by DerekS
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Really digging this, esp. the bold green against the navy.Originally Posted by Claghorn
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Tidy up that tie knot next time you're near a mirror and this good stuff. The tie isn't really to my personal taste, but I think it works in context here.
Tiring Tuesday:post #47922 of 787213/19/13 at 10:21amQuote:
I don't get that.... Maybe it is just me. I never get to a point where I feel it is too hot to wear a jacket whenever I'm in some place as hot as Nigeria or South Africa. On top of that I am usually the last to complain about the heat even though I have the most layerspost #47923 of 787213/19/13 at 10:22amQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Thanks all, for your comments about yesterdays fit, I appreciate it! Notably to Sr. Corbera... while the page may have come from the Doc Holliday playbook, the consideration behind it was most certainly drawn from the Practical Combinations thread. Thanks for giving us that.
...and if anyone was wondering, last nights date was awesome. After dinner we headed to a fun place, where I found myself as a giant piece of cougar bait, as evidenced below by the horny housewives bar dancing on top of me.
In case you missed it: A blast from the past- SpooPoker driving the ladies wild last year!post #47924 of 787213/19/13 at 10:26amToday's fit was built around the vintage tie, and was inspired by Rob/NYI's inimitable style. Let me acknowledge in advance that the pink shirt clearly doesn't fit with where this ended up, but by then it was too late.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #47925 of 787213/19/13 at 10:30am
First post here though I've been lurking for some time. Still reworking my dressing room after losing 10 kilograms and learning that my stuff was terrible anyways. Not confident enough to post fit pics yet and please forgive the messy floor on the second pic.
This is gonna hurt but I'm here to learn. Fire away!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 6 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 16 minutes ago
- › Cigars 16 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 18 minutes ago
- › BROOKS BROTHERS BLACK FLEECE White Blue Red Mens Casual Dress Shirt... 19 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 27 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 34 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan