Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 12/2/13 at 4:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3187
Styleforum Top Picks
I regularly get mistaken for someone in my mid 30s as opposed to 27. This is probably a combination of being in Korea (where a combination of genetics and make up...including on men...has everyone looking a decade younger), the way I dress, not shaving regularly, and a less than stellar skin complexion. I never let it get to me as I stopped feeling as if I were in my twenties the moment I graduated from college.
It did kind of suck that my future mother in law had been operating on the assumption that I was born in the 70s the first several months after meeting her.
i know what you mean
are you engaged to a korean girl?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That's not a cause for concern. That's a cause for awesome.
Mind you, Scrooge McDuck would have been even better.
I just googled for a Scrooge McDuck pocket square. There's a gap in the market, folks.
I thought you were up there too.
Don't take it to heart fellas. I cheerfully admit to being a crap judge of age. Maybe it's the combination of no hair on head and hair on face that triggers some suppressed subconscious association with advanced years.
Holdfast - any light to shed on that?
Last time I grew a beard out, it ended in much the same way yours did - waking up and just being fed up with it. I got the same "you look a lot younger" comments (and I'd only worn it for a few months or so at the time anyway). Got the same reaction after I switched haircuts recently too. It's a nice comment... but it does make you think, "if I look so much younger now, just how ancient did I look before?! And why didn't you gits tell me anything then?!" lol
Vintage blue fresco SC
J. Lawrence by Khakis of Carmel microgingham vacation oneshirt
Vintage Turnbull & Asser Aztec foulard
Martin Dingman navy crocodile belt
J. Crizzle Oxford pants, Bowery fit
John Lobb, Turvey, in ivory and white
Creed Virgin Island Water
Partially seen, the scorched flesh of a pale Internet geek
It would not take too much paging backwards in this thread to see holdfast with a beard, and I had a Van Dyke until March 2011, at which point I removed it, much to the acclaim of virtually all posters to these fora. The reaction was much like that for holdfast, "You look x (5, 10, 15, 20) years younger". As the Van Dyke was getting greyer with every trimming, I was happy to see it go. ( I will PM you with a "before" photo).
As for Mafoofan, a beard would look unnatural in the extreme. Between his physical stature and his general mien, especially with his last photo posting, with no glasses and somewhat spiked hair (showing off his Rubinacci greatcoat - which was great in many ways), he would look as natural as a middle-school student growing a beard.
I can do my part, and fulfil the first of your three wishes. First snap is from Feb 2009, the second from April 2012. Leaving aside the beard, you can see my hair getting thinner (with a few extra greys; not so obviously visible) up top over the years, and even more so nowadays. Hence finally accepting fate, and changing hairstyle a month or so ago, as you know from my recent pics. Big sigh...
Actually, it's been kind of funny going back to more or less the same hairstyle now that I had as a teen. It's thinner (and shorter) than it used to be, of course, but I do find it looks better now, and everyone I know has agreed with that. So it's good really.
(edited for clarity)
Holdfast - I meant to comment this a few pages back on looking at that Friday picture drop, I've been around long enough to remember the ol' Holdfast of 3-5 years ago. You've still got that flair but I have noticed your jacket shapes have changed. I always thought your SC / suit jackets were a bit oversized and particularly long and these new ones are a much cleaner fit. Just $0.02.
Edited by Master-Classter - 3/17/13 at 4:47pm
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 2 minutes ago
- › Canada Goose 2 minutes ago
- › No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › The UK/EU tie swap box rises from the Ashes - Reborn Stateside 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw