Love your Pam, although they've already killed half of my shirts ;)
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3187
Styleforum Top Pickspost #47792 of 787223/16/13 at 10:41pmpost #47793 of 787223/17/13 at 6:16ampost #47794 of 787223/17/13 at 7:01amOriginally Posted by add911_11Originally Posted by Crat
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That's not a cause for concern. That's a cause for awesome.
Mind you, Scrooge McDuck would have been even better.
I just googled for a Scrooge McDuck pocket square. There's a gap in the market, folks.Originally Posted by Ianiceman
I thought you were up there too.
Don't take it to heart fellas. I cheerfully admit to being a crap judge of age. Maybe it's the combination of no hair on head and hair on face that triggers some suppressed subconscious association with advanced years.
Holdfast - any light to shed on that?
Yeah...Originally Posted by Holdfast
Last time I grew a beard out, it ended in much the same way yours did - waking up and just being fed up with it. I got the same "you look a lot younger" comments (and I'd only worn it for a few months or so at the time anyway). Got the same reaction after I switched haircuts recently too. It's a nice comment... but it does make you think, "if I look so much younger now, just how ancient did I look before?! And why didn't you gits tell me anything then?!" lolpost #47795 of 787223/17/13 at 7:43ampost #47796 of 787223/17/13 at 8:29amQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Vintage blue fresco SC
J. Lawrence by Khakis of Carmel microgingham vacation oneshirt
Vintage Turnbull & Asser Aztec foulard
Martin Dingman navy crocodile belt
J. Crizzle Oxford pants, Bowery fit
John Lobb, Turvey, in ivory and white
Creed Virgin Island Water
Partially seen, the scorched flesh of a pale Internet geek
Looking good!post #47797 of 787223/17/13 at 9:01amQuote:
It would not take too much paging backwards in this thread to see holdfast with a beard, and I had a Van Dyke until March 2011, at which point I removed it, much to the acclaim of virtually all posters to these fora. The reaction was much like that for holdfast, "You look x (5, 10, 15, 20) years younger". As the Van Dyke was getting greyer with every trimming, I was happy to see it go. ( I will PM you with a "before" photo).
As for Mafoofan, a beard would look unnatural in the extreme. Between his physical stature and his general mien, especially with his last photo posting, with no glasses and somewhat spiked hair (showing off his Rubinacci greatcoat - which was great in many ways), he would look as natural as a middle-school student growing a beard.post #47798 of 787223/17/13 at 9:23amQuote:
I can do my part, and fulfil the first of your three wishes. First snap is from Feb 2009, the second from April 2012. Leaving aside the beard, you can see my hair getting thinner (with a few extra greys; not so obviously visible) up top over the years, and even more so nowadays. Hence finally accepting fate, and changing hairstyle a month or so ago, as you know from my recent pics. Big sigh...
Actually, it's been kind of funny going back to more or less the same hairstyle now that I had as a teen. It's thinner (and shorter) than it used to be, of course, but I do find it looks better now, and everyone I know has agreed with that. So it's good really.post #47799 of 787223/17/13 at 9:28ampost #47800 of 787223/17/13 at 10:02amLooks nice Williams - change out the shoes to brown (walnut?) and you're good to go! Also maybe a more casual shirt collar style like an (puts on flamesuit) OCBD or whatever
(edited for clarity)
Holdfast - I meant to comment this a few pages back on looking at that Friday picture drop, I've been around long enough to remember the ol' Holdfast of 3-5 years ago. You've still got that flair but I have noticed your jacket shapes have changed. I always thought your SC / suit jackets were a bit oversized and particularly long and these new ones are a much cleaner fit. Just $0.02.
Edited by Master-Classter - 3/17/13 at 4:47pmpost #47801 of 787223/17/13 at 10:26ampost #47802 of 787223/17/13 at 10:27ampost #47803 of 787223/17/13 at 10:29ampost #47804 of 787223/17/13 at 10:29ampost #47805 of 787223/17/13 at 10:31amOriginally Posted by PTWilliams
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Your fits always bring a unique look. This one comes together nicely IMO; the hat, jumper & jacket are all equally leery, so work pretty well together.Holdfast - I meant to comment this a few pages back on looking at that Friday picture drop, I've been around long enough to remember the ol' Holdfast of 3-5 years ago. You've still got that flair but I have noticed your jacket shapes have changed. I always thought your SC / suit jackets were a bit oversized and particularly long and these new ones are a much cleaner fit. Just $0.02.
To find the bearded pics posted earlier, I looked back through my old photo albums, and there's certainly truth to the above, especially on the length issue.
I still have a lot of the jackets/suits of that era but it's very noticeable that the ones I've kept are largely the bespoke/MTM ones (where of course there's more control over jacket length) and the ones I've sold off have been RTW in lengths that were about an inch too long for me. My former Brioni & RLPL stuff fell into this category. Having said that, two of the jackets posted in the Friday batch of pics are RTW (the brown plaid & the plum cord ones) and you can see from my recent bespoke jackets (like the grey one from Friday's batch) that I still take a longer length jacket than many would. In terms of jacket chest fit, I actually think I've overdone the leanness this time & I'm thinking of an (ever so slightly) looser fit around the upper chest next time, so as to allow me to carry a bit more in the inside pockets without it messing up the way the jacket lies. It's perfect without stuff in the pockets, but needs a bit more tolerance built in.
It's interesting & fun to look back through old pics; I recommend it to anyone who's posted here for a while. There are definitely trends; some short-lived, some longer, some you back-track on, some evolve further.
(PS. no need to be so tentative about offering feedback!)
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Official REASONABLE Purchase Club: just now
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Celebrities with the best style? 2 minutes ago
- › Sports Gear 2 minutes ago
- › Jacket Fit 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 3 minutes ago
- › Wearing sneakers with a suit 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)