Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/31/12 at 5:14pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 1/30/13 at 10:57pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Edited on 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Edited on 5/31/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3187
I regularly get mistaken for someone in my mid 30s as opposed to 27. This is probably a combination of being in Korea (where a combination of genetics and make up...including on men...has everyone looking a decade younger), the way I dress, not shaving regularly, and a less than stellar skin complexion. I never let it get to me as I stopped feeling as if I were in my twenties the moment I graduated from college.
It did kind of suck that my future mother in law had been operating on the assumption that I was born in the 70s the first several months after meeting her.
i know what you mean
are you engaged to a korean girl?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That's not a cause for concern. That's a cause for awesome.
Mind you, Scrooge McDuck would have been even better.
I just googled for a Scrooge McDuck pocket square. There's a gap in the market, folks.
I thought you were up there too.
Don't take it to heart fellas. I cheerfully admit to being a crap judge of age. Maybe it's the combination of no hair on head and hair on face that triggers some suppressed subconscious association with advanced years.
Holdfast - any light to shed on that?
Last time I grew a beard out, it ended in much the same way yours did - waking up and just being fed up with it. I got the same "you look a lot younger" comments (and I'd only worn it for a few months or so at the time anyway). Got the same reaction after I switched haircuts recently too. It's a nice comment... but it does make you think, "if I look so much younger now, just how ancient did I look before?! And why didn't you gits tell me anything then?!" lol
Vintage blue fresco SC
J. Lawrence by Khakis of Carmel microgingham vacation oneshirt
Vintage Turnbull & Asser Aztec foulard
Martin Dingman navy crocodile belt
J. Crizzle Oxford pants, Bowery fit
John Lobb, Turvey, in ivory and white
Creed Virgin Island Water
Partially seen, the scorched flesh of a pale Internet geek
It would not take too much paging backwards in this thread to see holdfast with a beard, and I had a Van Dyke until March 2011, at which point I removed it, much to the acclaim of virtually all posters to these fora. The reaction was much like that for holdfast, "You look x (5, 10, 15, 20) years younger". As the Van Dyke was getting greyer with every trimming, I was happy to see it go. ( I will PM you with a "before" photo).
As for Mafoofan, a beard would look unnatural in the extreme. Between his physical stature and his general mien, especially with his last photo posting, with no glasses and somewhat spiked hair (showing off his Rubinacci greatcoat - which was great in many ways), he would look as natural as a middle-school student growing a beard.
I can do my part, and fulfil the first of your three wishes. First snap is from Feb 2009, the second from April 2012. Leaving aside the beard, you can see my hair getting thinner (with a few extra greys; not so obviously visible) up top over the years, and even more so nowadays. Hence finally accepting fate, and changing hairstyle a month or so ago, as you know from my recent pics. Big sigh...
Actually, it's been kind of funny going back to more or less the same hairstyle now that I had as a teen. It's thinner (and shorter) than it used to be, of course, but I do find it looks better now, and everyone I know has agreed with that. So it's good really.
(edited for clarity)
Holdfast - I meant to comment this a few pages back on looking at that Friday picture drop, I've been around long enough to remember the ol' Holdfast of 3-5 years ago. You've still got that flair but I have noticed your jacket shapes have changed. I always thought your SC / suit jackets were a bit oversized and particularly long and these new ones are a much cleaner fit. Just $0.02.
Edited by Master-Classter - 3/17/13 at 4:47pm
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Random fashion thoughts just now
- › PREFERENCE: Naturaly shoulder vs. moderately padded shoulder 45 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 53 seconds ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 2 minutes ago
- › National Hockey League 2012-2013 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › SANTONI "Jenson" Captoe Dress Shoes Burnished Brown 11D - 11.5D 5 minutes ago
- › How to care for linen clothing? 6 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 6 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 5/17/13 #menswear Hooligans 7 minutes ago
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › To Boot New York Men's Sawyer Boot,Parma Doc Teak 432,9.5 M US by baronbvp
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear) by alyssaw
- › What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12 by skehoe