Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3183
Styleforum Top Pickspost #47732 of 787193/15/13 at 9:41amQuote:
That jacket is amazing! I like the color and the lapels look great!post #47733 of 787193/15/13 at 10:32ampost #47734 of 787193/15/13 at 10:43ampost #47735 of 787193/15/13 at 10:48amQuote:Originally Posted by ianGP
While I do see what you're saying - and I do end up ditching the tie (later) - I feel the tie/its color is a nice break to the light peachy space in the middle. To me, without the tie, the colors look bland and unexciting. Maybe a more casual tie would work better? knit or otherwise...
A more casual tie/shirt combo would keep the fit more stylistically consistent, though I understand entirely needing a dash of strong color (from the tie) to balance the strong blue of the jacket. That being said, the pieces themselves are excellent, and overall, everyone's "failures" should look as good as yours.post #47736 of 787193/15/13 at 12:02pmpost #47737 of 787193/15/13 at 12:27pm^ you would definitely benefit from stronger shoulders and a buttoning point a solid 2" lower. As it is now, you look a bit pear-shaped. The sleeves on both your shirt and jacket seem about an inch short as well.
Welcome to the forum.post #47738 of 787193/15/13 at 12:39pmI don't think he needs stronger shoulders, the pear shape looks like it's mostly due to waist suppression and buttoning point being too high as you have noted, plus low camera position...
maybe slight roping could help a bit, but that waist needs to be brought down first on future purchases!post #47739 of 787193/15/13 at 12:46pmQuote:
Thanks fellasQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
A more casual tie/shirt combo would keep the fit more stylistically consistent, though I understand entirely needing a dash of strong color (from the tie) to balance the strong blue of the jacket. That being said, the pieces themselves are excellent, and overall, everyone's "failures" should look as good as yours.
I appreciated the input guys! I'll play around with a button down and some textured ties.
Thx Crusty, you're too kindpost #47740 of 787193/15/13 at 2:51pmpost #47741 of 787193/15/13 at 2:54pmpost #47742 of 787193/15/13 at 2:59pmpost #47743 of 787193/15/13 at 3:00pmpost #47744 of 787193/15/13 at 3:07pm
Me, my lady, a bottle of wine, and a steel drum band Friday night.
Vintage blue fresco SC
J. Lawrence by Khakis of Carmel microgingham vacation oneshirt
Vintage Turnbull & Asser Aztec foulard
Martin Dingman navy crocodile belt
J. Crizzle Oxford pants, Bowery fit
John Lobb, Turvey, in ivory and white
Creed Virgin Island Water
Partially seen, the scorched flesh of a pale Internet geekpost #47745 of 787193/15/13 at 3:09pm
Suit rocks - really rocks, tie looks great. I prefer a touch too much trouser break to having them hovering above your ankles when standing and heading north to your calves when seated. Don't understand the hair.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 33 seconds ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › Spring in in the air! KITON Silk Blouson *NWT* MSRP $4595 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 5 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF FEB... 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 6 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...