Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3183post #47731 of 787233/15/13 at 9:39am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #47732 of 787233/15/13 at 9:40ampost #47733 of 787233/15/13 at 9:41amQuote:
That jacket is amazing! I like the color and the lapels look great!post #47734 of 787233/15/13 at 10:32ampost #47735 of 787233/15/13 at 10:43ampost #47736 of 787233/15/13 at 10:48amQuote:Originally Posted by ianGP
While I do see what you're saying - and I do end up ditching the tie (later) - I feel the tie/its color is a nice break to the light peachy space in the middle. To me, without the tie, the colors look bland and unexciting. Maybe a more casual tie would work better? knit or otherwise...
A more casual tie/shirt combo would keep the fit more stylistically consistent, though I understand entirely needing a dash of strong color (from the tie) to balance the strong blue of the jacket. That being said, the pieces themselves are excellent, and overall, everyone's "failures" should look as good as yours.post #47737 of 787233/15/13 at 12:02pmpost #47738 of 787233/15/13 at 12:27pm^ you would definitely benefit from stronger shoulders and a buttoning point a solid 2" lower. As it is now, you look a bit pear-shaped. The sleeves on both your shirt and jacket seem about an inch short as well.
Welcome to the forum.post #47739 of 787233/15/13 at 12:39pmI don't think he needs stronger shoulders, the pear shape looks like it's mostly due to waist suppression and buttoning point being too high as you have noted, plus low camera position...
maybe slight roping could help a bit, but that waist needs to be brought down first on future purchases!post #47740 of 787233/15/13 at 12:46pmQuote:
Thanks fellasQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
A more casual tie/shirt combo would keep the fit more stylistically consistent, though I understand entirely needing a dash of strong color (from the tie) to balance the strong blue of the jacket. That being said, the pieces themselves are excellent, and overall, everyone's "failures" should look as good as yours.
I appreciated the input guys! I'll play around with a button down and some textured ties.
Thx Crusty, you're too kindpost #47741 of 787233/15/13 at 2:51pmpost #47742 of 787233/15/13 at 2:54pmpost #47743 of 787233/15/13 at 2:59pmpost #47744 of 787233/15/13 at 3:00pmpost #47745 of 787233/15/13 at 3:07pm
Me, my lady, a bottle of wine, and a steel drum band Friday night.
Vintage blue fresco SC
J. Lawrence by Khakis of Carmel microgingham vacation oneshirt
Vintage Turnbull & Asser Aztec foulard
Martin Dingman navy crocodile belt
J. Crizzle Oxford pants, Bowery fit
John Lobb, Turvey, in ivory and white
Creed Virgin Island Water
Partially seen, the scorched flesh of a pale Internet geek
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1816 Active Users (449 Members and 1367 Guests)
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 23 seconds ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros Japanese slim fit Japanese moto... 30 seconds ago
- › San Francisco SF Bay Area Styleforum Meetup – Host Khaki’s of... 33 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 34 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 5 minutes ago
- › what to splurge/invest on, what to save on 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Volpe Bespoke jackets, NIB Trickers, NIB Dinkelacker boots and... 7 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)