Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:13 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3183
Styleforum Top Pickspost #47732 of 787213/15/13 at 9:41amQuote:
That jacket is amazing! I like the color and the lapels look great!post #47733 of 787213/15/13 at 10:32ampost #47734 of 787213/15/13 at 10:43ampost #47735 of 787213/15/13 at 10:48amQuote:Originally Posted by ianGP
While I do see what you're saying - and I do end up ditching the tie (later) - I feel the tie/its color is a nice break to the light peachy space in the middle. To me, without the tie, the colors look bland and unexciting. Maybe a more casual tie would work better? knit or otherwise...
A more casual tie/shirt combo would keep the fit more stylistically consistent, though I understand entirely needing a dash of strong color (from the tie) to balance the strong blue of the jacket. That being said, the pieces themselves are excellent, and overall, everyone's "failures" should look as good as yours.post #47736 of 787213/15/13 at 12:02pmpost #47737 of 787213/15/13 at 12:27pm^ you would definitely benefit from stronger shoulders and a buttoning point a solid 2" lower. As it is now, you look a bit pear-shaped. The sleeves on both your shirt and jacket seem about an inch short as well.
Welcome to the forum.post #47738 of 787213/15/13 at 12:39pmI don't think he needs stronger shoulders, the pear shape looks like it's mostly due to waist suppression and buttoning point being too high as you have noted, plus low camera position...
maybe slight roping could help a bit, but that waist needs to be brought down first on future purchases!post #47739 of 787213/15/13 at 12:46pmQuote:
Thanks fellasQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
A more casual tie/shirt combo would keep the fit more stylistically consistent, though I understand entirely needing a dash of strong color (from the tie) to balance the strong blue of the jacket. That being said, the pieces themselves are excellent, and overall, everyone's "failures" should look as good as yours.
I appreciated the input guys! I'll play around with a button down and some textured ties.
Thx Crusty, you're too kindpost #47740 of 787213/15/13 at 2:51pmpost #47741 of 787213/15/13 at 2:54pmpost #47742 of 787213/15/13 at 2:59pmpost #47743 of 787213/15/13 at 3:00pmpost #47744 of 787213/15/13 at 3:07pm
Me, my lady, a bottle of wine, and a steel drum band Friday night.
Vintage blue fresco SC
J. Lawrence by Khakis of Carmel microgingham vacation oneshirt
Vintage Turnbull & Asser Aztec foulard
Martin Dingman navy crocodile belt
J. Crizzle Oxford pants, Bowery fit
John Lobb, Turvey, in ivory and white
Creed Virgin Island Water
Partially seen, the scorched flesh of a pale Internet geekpost #47745 of 787213/15/13 at 3:09pm
Suit rocks - really rocks, tie looks great. I prefer a touch too much trouser break to having them hovering above your ankles when standing and heading north to your calves when seated. Don't understand the hair.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Official Sales Alert thread 13 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Anyone happy with itailor.com? 1 minute ago
- › Latest Point and Shoot Cameras 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...