Oh hi. Since I have no idea who you are I'll just assume this is a rhetorical question and ask if you have a problem, PM me instead of going on and on about my approach of how I choose to dress.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3178post #47656 of 787173/14/13 at 2:20pmpost #47657 of 787173/14/13 at 2:20pmpost #47658 of 787173/14/13 at 2:26pmpost #47659 of 787173/14/13 at 2:28pmpost #47660 of 787173/14/13 at 2:35pmpost #47661 of 787173/14/13 at 2:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by IrateCustomer
That tie is freaking dreamy. I like the idea a lot G, but there are a few things that might tighten this up a bit. There is a lot going on here. I think a solid cream (to stay on the bright side) square, or may be solid navy square would quiet this down just enough to refine it. This helps keep the waistcoat as the focus instead of competing with it. A donegal tweed SC would absolutely take this fit to the next level. Same color/tone ideally, but the formality of the fabric and construction on this SC conflicts with the aesthetic (that I think) you're going for here.
Like I said, I love the idea here, it's something I would shoot for, and with a little tweaking it'll be a 10 for me.
Thanks, Irate. Interesting thoughts. I just got the waistcoat recently and am looking forward to trying it out in a few different fits, so this gives me some ammo.
I actually tried it with a donegal-like tweed in the same color (but lighter tone/value) and it didn't work. Too busy. The SC/trou palate was a little too fall for this time of year, but they worked well enough that I went with them. Let's see if I can incorporate your thoughts and make it work with something else...post #47662 of 787173/14/13 at 2:39pmpost #47663 of 787173/14/13 at 2:44pm
Life is tough... right, Espú? Where are you? Enjoy!
Haha I tried to transalte this phrase but I have no success... it is "Te estás tardando". It means that it has already taken you a lot of time to post the full suit, but in a shorter phrase, which I obiously just make it longer with the explanation.post #47664 of 787173/14/13 at 2:51pmpost #47665 of 787173/14/13 at 3:09pmpost #47666 of 787173/14/13 at 3:18pmQuote:
Does that guy really look like me? I am not really a fan of super slim lapels and skinny ties, I guess we are both skinny white guys but I try to make sure I don't end up dressing like that.post #47667 of 787173/14/13 at 3:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by CousinDonuts
My boss wears button down shirts 80% of the time. He wears a suit 100% of the time. I've gathered that SF is mostly anti-BD "dress" shirt (at least with a suit and tie), so do his choices make him wrong? No. Is it my style? No. But that's what he likes, and it's not what I like. No logic is needed.
I thought that I was pretty clear, but again: I wasn't questioning his taste, I questioned the logic behind his choices and he replied that he does not think when he's getting dressed and then I let it go because he had nothing to add to me. I do not care for what anyone here thinks is right or not, I care for why anyone here thinks something is right or not.
This thread is so lost that asking for someone reasons is considered a tabu.post #47668 of 787173/14/13 at 3:48pmpost #47669 of 787173/14/13 at 4:11pmpost #47670 of 787173/14/13 at 4:15pmGMMcL - im not sure if that "works" or not, but i think its cool.Quote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
rock on, spoomeister, rock. on.
*ahem* id like to see the full suit as well.Quote:
i have a fit that inspires "stark" thoughts, and those are the best kinds of thoughts.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 12 seconds ago
- › Trying to ID a Bow Tie 13 seconds ago
- › I'm steamed: Half-canvassed Jos A Bank suit is fused and bubbling 1 minute ago
- › Schott NYC slim fit peacoat (MSRP: $310) 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 6 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...