Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3155post #47311 of 787193/11/13 at 8:58am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #47312 of 787193/11/13 at 9:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Pingson
Lots of good fits today - Stitch and Claghorn most notably!! Stitch you finally pulled off the "black tie and tweed" combo
This is a new SC I received last week. Trying it out to see what, if anything, that needs to be altered. So far I'm very happy with the sleeve lengths - pretty spot on, which is very unusual for me. And the cloth is really nice, soft as a baby's bottom
Very nice Pingson! I agree with Mr. Díaz.post #47313 of 787193/11/13 at 9:03amQuote:
Good comment! I haven't had the jacket pressed since receiving it and it spent the better part of a week jammed in a small box. Maybe that could explain the somewhat funky looking lapels, we'll see when I get it back from the tailor. There are a few alterations I need to do and I will take the opportunity to have it pressed then as well.
Thanks! I'm most happy with the colour, perfect shade of blue for me!post #47314 of 787193/11/13 at 9:16ampost #47315 of 787193/11/13 at 9:20amQuote:Originally Posted by Pliny
Cheers for the thumbs up
^^^^^ David R that's a mega-outstanding DB. Dunno how u manage to make the shoulders IMO so structured-but-not-blocky. Is it because u cut them narrower than the natural width? - the sleeve in that pic appears to begin at the tip of your clavicle rather than out at the end of the shoulder.
The shoulders are padded by hand and theres a very light pad in there. I have quite broad square shoulders for my frame so what your seeing is me. I did have this one cut narrower than the natural shoulder to decrease the look of them, especially because I was going for roping which emphasizes the shoulders. The sleeve was cut fuller at the crown and shaped which allows movement and comfort even though in a strict sense the shoulder line is narrow.
If that makes sense?post #47316 of 787193/11/13 at 9:58ampost #47317 of 787193/11/13 at 10:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
The jacket is one of two from the same batch. The other is currently being lengthened by an inch and having its quarters opened. This will get the same treatment.
The collar points reach below the lapels; just the stance. As far as the trouser color, there is quite a bit of contrast. There's probably more of an issue between tie and pants than jacket and pants.
And the candor is definitely appreciated (especially as its constructively so)
The colors on the new picture looks much better!
The tie could use some more contrast in relation to the jacket, I think. Forgot to comment on the high buttoning stance on the jacket, have you considered this for your next commissions?
Glad that you haven't took my comments in a bad way.post #47318 of 787193/11/13 at 10:07ampost #47319 of 787193/11/13 at 10:10ampost #47320 of 787193/11/13 at 10:13ampost #47321 of 787193/11/13 at 10:16ampost #47322 of 787193/11/13 at 10:19ampost #47323 of 787193/11/13 at 10:20ampost #47324 of 787193/11/13 at 10:24ampost #47325 of 787193/11/13 at 10:26amQuote:
thanks MoL. I dont mind double dimples, dont love em dont hate em. I suppose im living in tie dimple purgatory today.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › EXTREMELY ADVANCED: official oversized/next level clothing thread 3 minutes ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 6 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?