I think wider lapels wouldn't hurt, Pingson. But it seems to fit well elsewhere, so...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:04 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 8:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3155post #47311 of 787223/11/13 at 8:54am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #47312 of 787223/11/13 at 8:58ampost #47313 of 787223/11/13 at 9:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Pingson
Lots of good fits today - Stitch and Claghorn most notably!! Stitch you finally pulled off the "black tie and tweed" combo
This is a new SC I received last week. Trying it out to see what, if anything, that needs to be altered. So far I'm very happy with the sleeve lengths - pretty spot on, which is very unusual for me. And the cloth is really nice, soft as a baby's bottom
Very nice Pingson! I agree with Mr. Díaz.post #47314 of 787223/11/13 at 9:03amQuote:
Good comment! I haven't had the jacket pressed since receiving it and it spent the better part of a week jammed in a small box. Maybe that could explain the somewhat funky looking lapels, we'll see when I get it back from the tailor. There are a few alterations I need to do and I will take the opportunity to have it pressed then as well.
Thanks! I'm most happy with the colour, perfect shade of blue for me!post #47315 of 787223/11/13 at 9:16ampost #47316 of 787223/11/13 at 9:20amQuote:Originally Posted by Pliny
Cheers for the thumbs up
^^^^^ David R that's a mega-outstanding DB. Dunno how u manage to make the shoulders IMO so structured-but-not-blocky. Is it because u cut them narrower than the natural width? - the sleeve in that pic appears to begin at the tip of your clavicle rather than out at the end of the shoulder.
The shoulders are padded by hand and theres a very light pad in there. I have quite broad square shoulders for my frame so what your seeing is me. I did have this one cut narrower than the natural shoulder to decrease the look of them, especially because I was going for roping which emphasizes the shoulders. The sleeve was cut fuller at the crown and shaped which allows movement and comfort even though in a strict sense the shoulder line is narrow.
If that makes sense?post #47317 of 787223/11/13 at 9:58ampost #47318 of 787223/11/13 at 10:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
The jacket is one of two from the same batch. The other is currently being lengthened by an inch and having its quarters opened. This will get the same treatment.
The collar points reach below the lapels; just the stance. As far as the trouser color, there is quite a bit of contrast. There's probably more of an issue between tie and pants than jacket and pants.
And the candor is definitely appreciated (especially as its constructively so)
The colors on the new picture looks much better!
The tie could use some more contrast in relation to the jacket, I think. Forgot to comment on the high buttoning stance on the jacket, have you considered this for your next commissions?
Glad that you haven't took my comments in a bad way.post #47319 of 787223/11/13 at 10:07ampost #47320 of 787223/11/13 at 10:10ampost #47321 of 787223/11/13 at 10:13ampost #47322 of 787223/11/13 at 10:16ampost #47323 of 787223/11/13 at 10:19ampost #47324 of 787223/11/13 at 10:20ampost #47325 of 787223/11/13 at 10:24am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 13 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 15 minutes ago
- › I need your advice about online and mobile shopping for my husband 34 minutes ago
- › Cordovan Care 36 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots -- Rust CXL -- size 11.5D -- near new 37 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 39 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 40 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 43 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...