Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:46 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3150post #47236 of 787193/9/13 at 9:18am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #47237 of 787193/9/13 at 9:20ampost #47238 of 787193/9/13 at 11:17ampost #47239 of 787193/9/13 at 12:06pmpost #47240 of 787193/9/13 at 12:06pmpost #47241 of 787193/9/13 at 3:32pmQuote:
People comment a lot of stitches pants having a "weird" taper. As somebody who has similar shaped legs I want to clear up the issue people are seeing and misidentifying. Stitches pants are not too tapered. They are probably barely tapered. Stitches has slightly knocked-knees, which make his knees bent in-wards. The opposite of bow-legged. Having knocked knees makes the outseam of trousers fall inwards at the knees. This gives them a tapered appearance. I too have this issue, however bespoke pants hide it completely. If he wants them to fall better he can get the sides of the trousers underneath the wasitband taken up into the waistband. This makes the legs fall straight down without buckling at the knee. So in effect the outseam would be shortened from the top.post #47242 of 787193/9/13 at 4:10pm
Cheers for the thumbs up
^^^^^ David R that's a mega-outstanding DB. Dunno how u manage to make the shoulders IMO so structured-but-not-blocky. Is it because u cut them narrower than the natural width? - the sleeve in that pic appears to begin at the tip of your clavicle rather than out at the end of the shoulder.post #47243 of 787193/9/13 at 4:56pm
The suit is a nice one but it looks like you need to get the trouser length adjusted. The shirt looks a bit baggy on you (for what you are aiming at) and the collar isn't that nice - as Alex has already pointed out, a (semi-) spread collar would work better. Tie is a bit meh. And I am sorry, but the slippers are ridiculous - I really hope that was just for sitting around the house. Unfortunately you just don't (yet) have the insouciance required to pull off slippers with a suit!post #47244 of 787193/9/13 at 5:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
Question: I've seen folks on this thread talk about slimming or tapering trousers. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)As a few recent fits evidence, I'm in need of such a service. Could someone who has done this please PM me and give me a sense of a) roughly how much it cost (we're not talking Kiton, so I need to do a cost/benefit analysis); and b) lessons learned (i.e., anyone have this done and have to scrap the trou because it ruined the fit). I don't want to derail the thread, so please PM.Thanks in advance.
i had a tailor here do it on one of pants that were billowing in the thigh. she did a great job and it was maybe 10 bucks i think.Quote:
plus one. david rocks the house.post #47245 of 787193/9/13 at 5:30pmpost #47246 of 787193/9/13 at 5:33pmQuote:Quote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
People comment a lot of stitches pants having a "weird" taper. As somebody who has similar shaped legs I want to clear up the issue people are seeing and misidentifying. Stitches pants are not too tapered. They are probably barely tapered. Stitches has slightly knocked-knees, which make his knees bent in-wards. The opposite of bow-legged. Having knocked knees makes the outseam of trousers fall inwards at the knees. This gives them a tapered appearance. I too have this issue, however bespoke pants hide it completely. If he wants them to fall better he can get the sides of the trousers underneath the wasitband taken up into the waistband. This makes the legs fall straight down without buckling at the knee. So in effect the outseam would be shortened from the top.
fascinating. as the owner of the pants, and my legs, ill chime in here. they are not a super slim pair of pants, i think the leg opening is 9 inches, which is my preference. as pB said, my knee are indeed slightly knocked, and i have larger thighs that also factor in. mostly though, its the fact that it is not a great angle and i do not photograph well. IRL, they do not look weird at all.
pB and others have met me, and have seen me in pants, they my verify or contradict that my fits look way better IRL, if they like.post #47247 of 787193/9/13 at 5:34pmpost #47248 of 787193/9/13 at 6:01pmpost #47249 of 787193/9/13 at 6:02pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 43 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 57 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › What college did you go/do you go to? 1 minute ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Galway 11/11.5 uk price reduced 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 7 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?