try wearing guyliner for a start.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 10:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3126post #46876 of 787173/5/13 at 8:29ampost #46877 of 787173/5/13 at 8:29ampost #46878 of 787173/5/13 at 8:30ampost #46879 of 787173/5/13 at 8:30amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
Bah, only half of my jackets have higher than normal buttoning points or are three button, but that's all anyone remembers ^_^.
As to the pants: how would I make them work? The camera really makes the pattern stand out...the blue thread isn't visible until within a foot and the pants appear a rough but solid gray at about 1.5 meters. Would I need a patterned jacket of a different scale to keep the balance?
Same pants, farther away (Click to show)
These are a very fine pattern which does help them resolve to solid at a distance, but even so, I'm not a big fan of patterned pents. IMO, if you are going to pull them off, you need something bold up top to anchor the eye and keep it from being drawn downwards. Spoo has a shot somewhere where he is wearing patterned pents with a wide butcher stripe shirt, which, while loud and not my taste, worked pretty well. I'd also stay away from a checked shirt with checked pents, it's not likely to end well.
Edit: found the Spoo pic. Again, I wouldn't wear this, but IMO it pulls of the patterned trousers pretty decently. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #46880 of 787173/5/13 at 8:30ampost #46881 of 787173/5/13 at 8:31ampost #46882 of 787173/5/13 at 8:32ampost #46883 of 787173/5/13 at 8:32amQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
I was inches away from wearing a very similar blazer (and may do later this week -- no copycat). Personally, I like this look (but agree re: the square).
So, instead, here's what I went with. I fear this didn't come together quite the way I was hoping it would.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I don't know why, but this ensamble, I like it a lot.Quote:
That tie mate, I need one of those, that tie has to be a chick magnet.post #46884 of 787173/5/13 at 8:32amQuote:
Move to a colder place?
You don't "get a custom title", it is bestowed upon you by the Forum Gods.....post #46885 of 787173/5/13 at 8:33am
the one in the PJs or the one in the down puffer coat?Quote:
yeah, now that i wear it, its a keeper.
and thanks, indeed it does.post #46886 of 787173/5/13 at 8:33am
I was thinking about one of those squares but I just couldn't figure out any look where the colours would work. Shame, because they're damn awesome.
A rare sunny (and almost warm, or at least, not cold) day. Need to make the most of these while they're around 'cos the forecast for next week is back to sub-zero. Anyway, last time (or the time or two before) that I wore this suit, someone asked for a pic of the waistcoat, so I've included a shot of that today:post #46887 of 787173/5/13 at 8:33ampost #46888 of 787173/5/13 at 8:34ampost #46889 of 787173/5/13 at 8:35amQuote:
Estitches! Lots of purple, I like it! This is something I'm sure I would use. Keep the tie... it's not skinny... if you don't like it, I can DM you my adress here in Mexico and I would very pleased to give it a very well use.post #46890 of 787173/5/13 at 8:35amQuote:Copy-catOriginally Posted by in stitches
purple esplozion. and my kids photobombed me lol.
also, wow, thanks for all the "likes" on my last fit, guys. much appreciated. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Kaledo , software for fashion! to create designer items 1 minute ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 5 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 6 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 8 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 19 minutes ago
- › OAMC - Over All Master Cloth - Discussion Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...