Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 12/2/13 at 4:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3120
Styleforum Top Picks
The suit is either mtm or bespoke...
I have no idea which because I'm still unclear on the difference. I selected the fabric from a fabric book, was measured, fitted a couple of times, then got the suit. So....uhhh...is it mtm or bespoke?
Edited by Claghorn - 3/4/13 at 7:51am
Were the fittings basted or did you try on a mostly finished suit to check for required alterations?
I guess one could imagine (even if rather unlikely) that a MTM suit also could have basted fittings. The main difference, as far as I understand, is whether you had a completely new pattern made for you from your measurements (which would make it bespoke) or whether changes were made to a pre-existing pattern from your measurements (which would make it MTM).
I think we could say it is bespoke, then.
Pingson, my tailor can do basted fittings for MTM, because he's got a quite close relationship with the factory (he modifies the block patterns himself); but I guess the difference between MTM and bespoke in this case is that MTM is still made from a block pattern, while bespoke is made from scratch (as you've said).
I can't wait to break out my heavy flannel suits in the next winter. Very nice outfit.
Is your jacket brown or blue? In the first pic I see it brown... second one looks blue.
Top combo pic only, bottom is an acknowledged fail (too close in color to jacket, but my brown flannels are at the cleaners so I just have 3 pairs of light greys now )
The tie is a twill print, perhaps too formal for this, but it has a gummy, chalky hand, much like madder.
I like this... I don't know why, but I will like to see this with a spread collar, not with buttons.
I just love button downs with odd jackets, and prefer spread collars with suits
This is not a "rule", though.
Brown. The second picture is from another fitpic for the sake of the tie. I am thinking, when time allows, to take pictures of all my ties for just this purpose. I know, I know, important elements are lost...but I'm all about the tie.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › How many miles did you run today? 1 minute ago
- › No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 9 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 12 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › WrongWeather.net, Fashion & Lifestyle for Contemporary Men:... 17 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw