or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3120

post #46786 of 75711

The suit is either mtm or bespoke...

 

I have no idea which because I'm still unclear on the difference. I selected the fabric from a fabric book, was measured, fitted a couple of times, then got the suit. So....uhhh...is it mtm or bespoke?

 

EDIT: bespoke


Edited by Claghorn - 3/4/13 at 7:51am
post #46787 of 75711
anden - great fits. i like the top one better.

derk - nice fits too

diaz - looking good. love the avatar.
post #46788 of 75711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

The suit is either mtm or bespoke...

 

I have no idea which because I'm still unclear on the difference. I selected the fabric from a fabric book, was measured, fitted a couple of times, then got the suit. So....uhhh...is it mtm or bespoke?

 

Were the fittings basted or did you try on a mostly finished suit to check for required alterations?

post #46789 of 75711

AppleMark

post #46790 of 75711
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

Were the fittings basted or did you try on a mostly finished suit to check for required alterations?

I guess one could imagine (even if rather unlikely) that a MTM suit also could have basted fittings. The main difference, as far as I understand, is whether you had a completely new pattern made for you from your measurements (which would make it bespoke) or whether changes were made to a pre-existing pattern from your measurements (which would make it MTM).
post #46791 of 75711

It was most definitely unfinished the first two fittings. The first time I came in it felt like I was wearing shreds.
 

Also, what is a "pattern" in this case?

post #46792 of 75711

I think we could say it is bespoke, then.

 

Pingson, my tailor can do basted fittings for MTM, because he's got a quite close relationship with the factory (he modifies the block patterns himself); but I guess the difference between MTM and bespoke in this case is that MTM is still made from a block pattern, while bespoke is made from scratch (as you've said).

post #46793 of 75711
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post

Teaching New York in the 20s/30s today (or as near as I can get). Very heavy charcoal tweed 3-piece, needle-collar shirt with collar pin, wide unlined silk tie, vintage fedora, plus pencil moustache!



I can't wait to break out my heavy flannel suits in the next winter. Very nice outfit.
post #46794 of 75711
looking good Claghorn.. Here´s what I am wearig this monday:
post #46795 of 75711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

 

Is your jacket brown or blue? In the first pic I see it brown... second one looks blue. eh.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

 

Top combo pic only, bottom is an acknowledged fail (too close in color to jacket, but my brown flannels are at the cleaners so I just have 3 pairs of light greys now lol8[1].gif)

 

The tie is a twill print, perhaps too formal for this, but it has a gummy, chalky hand, much like madder.

 

I like this... I don't know why, but I will like to see this with a spread collar, not with buttons. biggrin.gif

post #46796 of 75711

Wearing a new tie today! It's slightly darker in person, but it's hard to capture because it's such a sunny day.

 

 


Edited by Monkeyface - 3/4/13 at 8:36am
post #46797 of 75711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

 

Is your jacket brown or blue? In the first pic I see it brown... second one looks blue. eh.gif

 

 

I like this... I don't know why, but I will like to see this with a spread collar, not with buttons. biggrin.gif

 

I just love button downs with odd jackets, and prefer spread collars with suits smile.gif
This is not a "rule", though.

post #46798 of 75711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

 

Is your jacket brown or blue? In the first pic I see it brown... second one looks blue. eh.gif

 

 

I like this... I don't know why, but I will like to see this with a spread collar, not with buttons. biggrin.gif


Brown. The second picture is from another fitpic for the sake of the tie. I am thinking, when time allows, to take pictures of all my ties for just this purpose. I know, I know, important elements are lost...but I'm all about the tie.

post #46799 of 75711
Thank you guys for all previous comments. I just read it.

post #46800 of 75711
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

 

I just love button downs with odd jackets, and prefer spread collars with suits smile.gif
This is not a "rule", though.

 

Understood. I was worrying, cause most of the time I use spread collars. biggrin.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post


Brown. The second picture is from another fitpic for the sake of the tie. I am thinking, when time allows, to take pictures of all my ties for just this purpose. I know, I know, important elements are lost...but I'm all about the tie.

 

Ok then, that brown jacket is awesome! I hope that next week I have mine, I ordered one like that, but it's been a very tough work for them... hope this time they nail the fit. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III