Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:34 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3101post #46501 of 787192/28/13 at 8:02am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #46502 of 787192/28/13 at 8:04amLOVE the SC big O.
i think i lighter shade blue shirt would have maybe been better. i had a similar fit a little bit ago and after the feedback, i saw that with those colors, a ligher less vibrant blue seems to be better. just my 2c/payin it forward lol.post #46503 of 787192/28/13 at 8:05ampost #46504 of 787192/28/13 at 8:06ampost #46505 of 787192/28/13 at 8:08ampost #46506 of 787192/28/13 at 8:09ampost #46507 of 787192/28/13 at 8:13ampost #46508 of 787192/28/13 at 8:15amQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
Yet another museum reception this evening, at the Met, for "Impressionism and Fashion", exploring the world of 19th century Parisian fashionistas, flaneurs, and boulevardiers. Doing my best to imitate said mode of dress, in a modern mode, today's attire.
Suit - BB MTM
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - Niletti Creations
PS - Ashear
Shoes - Harris, via Barney's NYC
Overcoat - BB
Scarf - Paul Stuart
Hat - Selentino
Senior Sir Crusty - I really like this combo (had o fix that senior as I didn't want to imply anything about age and couldn't figure out how to get the tilde over the n in the Spanish senor so I'll just go with Sir). The tie is really cool how the blue comes out and matches so nicely with those beautiful cuff links. The pocket square is such a nice color and goes so well with everything. I also like the dark suit with everything else. To me, this is one of your bests. Bravo!post #46509 of 787192/28/13 at 8:18amQuote:Originally Posted by Billionairef
It's been a while since I posted something. Here's what I wore at work yesterday. Cheers!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm with SugarButch, tie with no jacket is not a good look. Either you look like you forgot your jacket or you look like a child being forced to "dress nice" by his parents.post #46510 of 787192/28/13 at 8:18amQuote:
Malford's tie is not madder (looks like wool challis), but mine is - just arrived from E.G. Cappelli. The pics don't do it justice at all.
The word "madder" refers just to the dye itself and the printing technique, I believe; the gummy, chalky hand comes from the type of twill it's printed on.
NOBD: Is this any better? This puff is the same as the pic you've quoted (though the outcome is a little different). It's easily repeatable, so maybe I should adopt itpost #46511 of 787192/28/13 at 8:19am
It's hard to use a tie with such an unusual pattern, and hard to put other patterns with a windowpane, let alone one that also has a stripe! But today you have surpassed yourself. Just superb. Deep blues and gold are such a beautiful mix, and not seen too often. Total win today, Sir!post #46512 of 787192/28/13 at 8:32ampost #46513 of 787192/28/13 at 8:33ampost #46514 of 787192/28/13 at 8:48amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by tesuquegolfer
Senior Sir Crusty - I really like this combo (had o fix that senior as I didn't want to imply anything about age and couldn't figure out how to get the tilde over the n in the Spanish senor so I'll just go with Sir). The tie is really cool how the blue comes out and matches so nicely with those beautiful cuff links. The pocket square is such a nice color and goes so well with everything. I also like the dark suit with everything else. To me, this is one of your bests. Bravo!Quote:Originally Posted by mimo
It's hard to use a tie with such an unusual pattern, and hard to put other patterns with a windowpane, let alone one that also has a stripe! But today you have surpassed yourself. Just superb. Deep blues and gold are such a beautiful mix, and not seen too often. Total win today, Sir!
Thank you, gentlemen. As it happens, the fabric pattern of the suit is so subtle that, from several feet away, it appears to be a solid, and with today's tie, one needs to match it against the most neutral of backgrounds - this tie dominates all with which it is worn. (I cannot imagine wearing this tie with anything but a white shirt.)
Irate, if I have an idle hour in the near future, I will attempt to do at least a group photo of my tie collection. God knows that I may find things I forgot I owned.
In honor of tonight's party, I dragged out the "real rocks" - the cufflinks are 14K gold and lapis lazuli.
FYI, it seems that the impish styleforumrobot has chosen RDiaz and myself for the contest of the day - battling double-breasted jackets. Who knew?post #46515 of 787192/28/13 at 8:52am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › SF Cheap Functional Buttonholes 3 seconds ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 8 seconds ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 35 seconds ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 46 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 2 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1