Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3101post #46501 of 787212/28/13 at 8:02am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #46502 of 787212/28/13 at 8:04amLOVE the SC big O.
i think i lighter shade blue shirt would have maybe been better. i had a similar fit a little bit ago and after the feedback, i saw that with those colors, a ligher less vibrant blue seems to be better. just my 2c/payin it forward lol.post #46503 of 787212/28/13 at 8:05ampost #46504 of 787212/28/13 at 8:06ampost #46505 of 787212/28/13 at 8:08ampost #46506 of 787212/28/13 at 8:09ampost #46507 of 787212/28/13 at 8:13ampost #46508 of 787212/28/13 at 8:15amQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
Yet another museum reception this evening, at the Met, for "Impressionism and Fashion", exploring the world of 19th century Parisian fashionistas, flaneurs, and boulevardiers. Doing my best to imitate said mode of dress, in a modern mode, today's attire.
Suit - BB MTM
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - Niletti Creations
PS - Ashear
Shoes - Harris, via Barney's NYC
Overcoat - BB
Scarf - Paul Stuart
Hat - Selentino
Senior Sir Crusty - I really like this combo (had o fix that senior as I didn't want to imply anything about age and couldn't figure out how to get the tilde over the n in the Spanish senor so I'll just go with Sir). The tie is really cool how the blue comes out and matches so nicely with those beautiful cuff links. The pocket square is such a nice color and goes so well with everything. I also like the dark suit with everything else. To me, this is one of your bests. Bravo!post #46509 of 787212/28/13 at 8:18amQuote:Originally Posted by Billionairef
It's been a while since I posted something. Here's what I wore at work yesterday. Cheers!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm with SugarButch, tie with no jacket is not a good look. Either you look like you forgot your jacket or you look like a child being forced to "dress nice" by his parents.post #46510 of 787212/28/13 at 8:18amQuote:
Malford's tie is not madder (looks like wool challis), but mine is - just arrived from E.G. Cappelli. The pics don't do it justice at all.
The word "madder" refers just to the dye itself and the printing technique, I believe; the gummy, chalky hand comes from the type of twill it's printed on.
NOBD: Is this any better? This puff is the same as the pic you've quoted (though the outcome is a little different). It's easily repeatable, so maybe I should adopt itpost #46511 of 787212/28/13 at 8:19am
It's hard to use a tie with such an unusual pattern, and hard to put other patterns with a windowpane, let alone one that also has a stripe! But today you have surpassed yourself. Just superb. Deep blues and gold are such a beautiful mix, and not seen too often. Total win today, Sir!post #46512 of 787212/28/13 at 8:32ampost #46513 of 787212/28/13 at 8:33ampost #46514 of 787212/28/13 at 8:48amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by tesuquegolfer
Senior Sir Crusty - I really like this combo (had o fix that senior as I didn't want to imply anything about age and couldn't figure out how to get the tilde over the n in the Spanish senor so I'll just go with Sir). The tie is really cool how the blue comes out and matches so nicely with those beautiful cuff links. The pocket square is such a nice color and goes so well with everything. I also like the dark suit with everything else. To me, this is one of your bests. Bravo!Quote:Originally Posted by mimo
It's hard to use a tie with such an unusual pattern, and hard to put other patterns with a windowpane, let alone one that also has a stripe! But today you have surpassed yourself. Just superb. Deep blues and gold are such a beautiful mix, and not seen too often. Total win today, Sir!
Thank you, gentlemen. As it happens, the fabric pattern of the suit is so subtle that, from several feet away, it appears to be a solid, and with today's tie, one needs to match it against the most neutral of backgrounds - this tie dominates all with which it is worn. (I cannot imagine wearing this tie with anything but a white shirt.)
Irate, if I have an idle hour in the near future, I will attempt to do at least a group photo of my tie collection. God knows that I may find things I forgot I owned.
In honor of tonight's party, I dragged out the "real rocks" - the cufflinks are 14K gold and lapis lazuli.
FYI, it seems that the impish styleforumrobot has chosen RDiaz and myself for the contest of the day - battling double-breasted jackets. Who knew?post #46515 of 787212/28/13 at 8:52am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › GMTO: Carmina Chocolate Brown Suede Oxford or My Next OneShoe 5 seconds ago
- › What are you reading? 22 seconds ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 48 seconds ago
- › I MIGHT HAVE LOST THESE HERMES TIES, AND THIS AD IS IN TROUBLE 58 seconds ago
- › *Edited* Helping a rural Midwestern find his classic style 1 minute ago
- › Fabric Repair - Reweaving Advice 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...