Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:41 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3098post #46456 of 787212/28/13 at 1:16am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #46457 of 787212/28/13 at 3:07amQuote:Originally Posted by Snoogz
Congrats Derek. March 26th is my birthday! Special day for a few of us then.
+1. I have a soon to be 10 month old baby girl, and she is the most wonderful thing in the world. Its amazing the bond that is built with a Dad and his Daughter. Either way, you will enjoy your baby regardless of the gender.
Congrats guys. My baby girl goes to Kindergarden this fall...I will be a wreck. On the bright side, she got scared last night, and managed to get in bed with me at 2AM, and I woke up with her snuggled on my shoulder. She doesn't sleep with us so being able to hold her for a few minutes like that was awesome...it was even awesomer that when I said, "Ok baby, you got to go to sleep in your bed now," that she gave a slight whimper, said ok Daddy, I love you...gave me a smooch and went right back to bed.post #46458 of 787212/28/13 at 3:31ampost #46459 of 787212/28/13 at 3:54am
This looks really good, a longer jacket does wonders for you ! If I should be really picky, I would have gone for mid-grey trousers rather than navy, but that's completely IMHO.Quote:
Looking good Diaz, jacket look a little roomy across the chest/waist but maybe that's an illusion created by you having your hand in the pocket? Or maybe it's just that the armholes are rather low on the jacket?
Suit and shoes looks great! Not sold on the tie and possibly also the shirt - hard to tell with that hipster-filter you used for the top image.
Edited by Pingson - 2/28/13 at 4:24ampost #46460 of 787212/28/13 at 4:01amQuote:
It's definately not roomy, in fact I should have gone for a size larger, as I like some more chest room and a size up had some nice drape, plus extra room I need at the seat. What you see is caused by my hand in the pocket pulling a bit due sligthly low armholes (though this jacket happens to have the highest armholes in my collection).post #46461 of 787212/28/13 at 4:21amYet another museum reception this evening, at the Met, for "Impressionism and Fashion", exploring the world of 19th century Parisian fashionistas, flaneurs, and boulevardiers. Doing my best to imitate said mode of dress, in a modern mode, today's attire.
Suit - BB MTM
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - Niletti Creations
PS - Ashear
Shoes - Harris, via Barney's NYC
Overcoat - BB
Scarf - Paul Stuart
Hat - Selentino
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #46462 of 787212/28/13 at 4:23amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
It's definately not roomy, in fact I should have gone for a size larger, as I like some more chest room and a size up had some nice drape, plus extra room I need at the seat. What you see is caused by my hand in the pocket pulling a bit due sligthly low armholes (though this jacket happens to have the highest armholes in my collection).
Yes, it's hard to tell fit from a photo that is not the traditional robo-pose photo. They are boring and stiff, but for diagnosing fit they are unmatched. I also feel that DBs are much less forgiving when it comes to fit - a DB has to fit spot on to look good. Yet another reason why I have not dared to venture into DBs yet (the exception being a vintage suit I bought because I fell in love with the cloth it was made out of). You're rocking you DB though, pretty awesome lapels on it ! Oh, and I like your tie as well!post #46463 of 787212/28/13 at 4:32am
Thank you. Since I changed photo spot and angle it is easier to evaluate the results.
I understand the comments regarding jacket length.
As for the ensemble it was more or less a grab and go this morning...
Will try with grey trousers another day.
Andreaspost #46464 of 787212/28/13 at 4:32ampost #46465 of 787212/28/13 at 4:52ampost #46466 of 787212/28/13 at 5:00amStill forgot to charge my camera battery so I have to rely on crappy my iPhone camera. Rather CBD today.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Austin Reed suit
Belisario MTM shirt
John Smedley merino cardigan
T&A tie and PS
Church captoe oxfords
Edited by Pingson - 2/28/13 at 5:17ampost #46467 of 787212/28/13 at 5:04amQuote:
But I started doing the Foo thing because my old square puffing technique sucked I could just come up with an ugly monkey fist. Guess I need to practice a "just stuff it in" chaotic puff...
Pingson, that's rather far from CBD, but I like it.post #46468 of 787212/28/13 at 5:12ampost #46469 of 787212/28/13 at 5:14amQuote:
I found the more time i spent on my PS the worse it looked. Personally, the "grab 'n stuff" method works for me.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford 1 minute ago
- › The Wide Fitting Shoe Trading Post (EEE / G width) 1 minute ago
- › Good tailor to hem selvedge denim in the Triangle NC area? 1 minute ago
- › Size 42 Diemme Firenze boots retail 500usd, Visvim Virgil... 2 minutes ago
- › Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...