Details... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3087post #46291 of 787212/27/13 at 5:24am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #46292 of 787212/27/13 at 5:32amQuote:Originally Posted by DerekS
sometimes, you just dont feel like a sportcoat.
Details... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice casual outfit and great hair , but have you pinned your collar?post #46293 of 787212/27/13 at 5:39ampost #46294 of 787212/27/13 at 5:44amOriginally Posted by sugarbutchOriginally Posted by RDiaz
Agreed. I wear a panama in summer as often as the weather permits (in this country, sadly not that often), but would really hesistate to wear a boater in anything other than the most deliberately ironic and informal of contexts. They're inherently ridiculous items and the occasion has to match that. Silly/casual summer garden parties, paired with a cream linen suit or seersucker jacket, and the like.Originally Posted by williamsonOriginally Posted by Holdfast
Will this winter never end...
True. But nonetheless I still prefer warm sunny days and fewer required layers of those clothes!
I like the top half a lot. The shirt & tie seem a bit more pattern-intensive than your typical choices; maybe I'm just not used to seeing a photo of you in a non navy tie. ;)
Those shoes are definitely a love/hate item. I personally can't get on board gunships like that; they certainly good-looking, and almost archetypal of the breed but I just don't like their aesthetic much.
On a more general point, though, I hope this rare foray presages more frequent photos from you in the thread!Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like this Moo. Looks very American, but I don't mean that as some kind of a veiled criticism. It's almost what a sketch artist might draw for an idealised/fictional old-school US businessman on a relatively low-key day.Originally Posted by RDiaz
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like this a lot. The shirt/tie/square are more or less shades to the photo you posted yesterday, but I think work much better with this suit than the prior very dark navy jacket.post #46295 of 787212/27/13 at 5:44amQuote:
I am British, we do not fear stiffness. Shall I PM you my address?
Ping, I don't like your tie - that whole novelty thing goes right past me. But you look good. The jacket is awesome.
Crust, usual high standards...although I am finding brown shoes and grey stripes are bothering me today. It will pass!
Lilac: beautiful - CBD for the CEO of a boutique Italian sports car builder.
Derek: absolute fucking dog's cock of a disgrace. But I like your shoes.post #46296 of 787212/27/13 at 5:50ampost #46297 of 787212/27/13 at 5:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Agreed. I wear a panama in summer as often as the weather permits (in this country, sadly not that often), but would really hesistate to wear a boater in anything other than the most deliberately ironic and informal of contexts. They're inherently ridiculous items and the occasion has to match that. Silly/casual summer garden parties, paired with a cream linen suit or seersucker jacket, and the like.
Agh. Well, you guys probably saved me from ridicule - I really did like boaters, but I guess that was just because I was rather unfamiliar with them and their use
On yesterday's fit, you're absolutely right my blazer is way too dark. Lighter navy tropical wool DB is in my "get it done" list for the summer, though I don't know if I will be able to do it this year or the next...
Hahaha. Well, my tie collection needs to grow a bit first, then I might want to get rid of some old ones and we may talk
Edited by RDiaz - 2/27/13 at 6:39ampost #46298 of 787212/27/13 at 5:52ampost #46299 of 787212/27/13 at 5:52amQuote:
Point taken! I'm not all that fond of novelty ties either, but this one is pretty subtle, I think. Nice change-of-pace tie for me, but to each his own I guess!post #46300 of 787212/27/13 at 5:53am
Following 3 weeks of growing my beard for my Paris lecture, and given that I have to keep a moustache until next Monday, I have been amusing myself (and random people around the university) with changing facial hair...
Yesterday was a bit 70s and somewhat sleazy:
Today, I shaved back the sideburns and trimmed the moustache to a slighly less sinister form (it's really shitty weather today, so this an outerwear pic):
I would never do this if I didn't have a certain costume in mind for the lectures I do. I look too much like my old man with a moustache, it is scary.
Edited by FlyingMonkey - 2/27/13 at 6:12ampost #46301 of 787212/27/13 at 5:56ampost #46302 of 787212/27/13 at 5:57ampost #46303 of 787212/27/13 at 5:58am
FlyingMonkeys: the 70s look is totally awesome in that, as you say, sleazy 70s way. But yeah, only for a day!
In previous years I've grown my beard out over winter, but last year I noticed a little too much grey in it, so I haven't done it this year. The fun you're having is tempting me just a bit though.
Thanks! Yeah, now I've gotten used to the new haircut over the past couple of weeks, I definitely prefer it to the old one.post #46304 of 787212/27/13 at 6:18amQuote:
I know I'm new here, so please take this in the jovial spirit it's intended: Why? Are you playing Freddie Mercury on Monday? Because the resemblance is un freaking canny.post #46305 of 787212/27/13 at 6:25am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 10 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 10 minutes ago
- › shirt pairing 12 minutes ago
- › Used Kitchen Cabinets For Sale UK 17 minutes ago
- › Carmina Rain-Last Tomir Soled Cap-Toe/Quarter Brogue 18 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...