Details... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:49 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3087post #46291 of 787192/27/13 at 5:24am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #46292 of 787192/27/13 at 5:32amQuote:Originally Posted by DerekS
sometimes, you just dont feel like a sportcoat.
Details... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice casual outfit and great hair , but have you pinned your collar?post #46293 of 787192/27/13 at 5:39ampost #46294 of 787192/27/13 at 5:44amOriginally Posted by sugarbutchOriginally Posted by RDiaz
Agreed. I wear a panama in summer as often as the weather permits (in this country, sadly not that often), but would really hesistate to wear a boater in anything other than the most deliberately ironic and informal of contexts. They're inherently ridiculous items and the occasion has to match that. Silly/casual summer garden parties, paired with a cream linen suit or seersucker jacket, and the like.Originally Posted by williamsonOriginally Posted by Holdfast
Will this winter never end...
True. But nonetheless I still prefer warm sunny days and fewer required layers of those clothes!
I like the top half a lot. The shirt & tie seem a bit more pattern-intensive than your typical choices; maybe I'm just not used to seeing a photo of you in a non navy tie. ;)
Those shoes are definitely a love/hate item. I personally can't get on board gunships like that; they certainly good-looking, and almost archetypal of the breed but I just don't like their aesthetic much.
On a more general point, though, I hope this rare foray presages more frequent photos from you in the thread!Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like this Moo. Looks very American, but I don't mean that as some kind of a veiled criticism. It's almost what a sketch artist might draw for an idealised/fictional old-school US businessman on a relatively low-key day.Originally Posted by RDiaz
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like this a lot. The shirt/tie/square are more or less shades to the photo you posted yesterday, but I think work much better with this suit than the prior very dark navy jacket.post #46295 of 787192/27/13 at 5:44amQuote:
I am British, we do not fear stiffness. Shall I PM you my address?
Ping, I don't like your tie - that whole novelty thing goes right past me. But you look good. The jacket is awesome.
Crust, usual high standards...although I am finding brown shoes and grey stripes are bothering me today. It will pass!
Lilac: beautiful - CBD for the CEO of a boutique Italian sports car builder.
Derek: absolute fucking dog's cock of a disgrace. But I like your shoes.post #46296 of 787192/27/13 at 5:50ampost #46297 of 787192/27/13 at 5:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Agreed. I wear a panama in summer as often as the weather permits (in this country, sadly not that often), but would really hesistate to wear a boater in anything other than the most deliberately ironic and informal of contexts. They're inherently ridiculous items and the occasion has to match that. Silly/casual summer garden parties, paired with a cream linen suit or seersucker jacket, and the like.
Agh. Well, you guys probably saved me from ridicule - I really did like boaters, but I guess that was just because I was rather unfamiliar with them and their use
On yesterday's fit, you're absolutely right my blazer is way too dark. Lighter navy tropical wool DB is in my "get it done" list for the summer, though I don't know if I will be able to do it this year or the next...
Hahaha. Well, my tie collection needs to grow a bit first, then I might want to get rid of some old ones and we may talk
Edited by RDiaz - 2/27/13 at 6:39ampost #46298 of 787192/27/13 at 5:52ampost #46299 of 787192/27/13 at 5:52amQuote:
Point taken! I'm not all that fond of novelty ties either, but this one is pretty subtle, I think. Nice change-of-pace tie for me, but to each his own I guess!post #46300 of 787192/27/13 at 5:53am
Following 3 weeks of growing my beard for my Paris lecture, and given that I have to keep a moustache until next Monday, I have been amusing myself (and random people around the university) with changing facial hair...
Yesterday was a bit 70s and somewhat sleazy:
Today, I shaved back the sideburns and trimmed the moustache to a slighly less sinister form (it's really shitty weather today, so this an outerwear pic):
I would never do this if I didn't have a certain costume in mind for the lectures I do. I look too much like my old man with a moustache, it is scary.
Edited by FlyingMonkey - 2/27/13 at 6:12ampost #46301 of 787192/27/13 at 5:56ampost #46302 of 787192/27/13 at 5:57ampost #46303 of 787192/27/13 at 5:58am
FlyingMonkeys: the 70s look is totally awesome in that, as you say, sleazy 70s way. But yeah, only for a day!
In previous years I've grown my beard out over winter, but last year I noticed a little too much grey in it, so I haven't done it this year. The fun you're having is tempting me just a bit though.
Thanks! Yeah, now I've gotten used to the new haircut over the past couple of weeks, I definitely prefer it to the old one.post #46304 of 787192/27/13 at 6:18amQuote:
I know I'm new here, so please take this in the jovial spirit it's intended: Why? Are you playing Freddie Mercury on Monday? Because the resemblance is un freaking canny.post #46305 of 787192/27/13 at 6:25am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 19 seconds ago
- › Church's Custom Grade Ashley black calf loafers Excellent condition... 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 10 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 16 minutes ago
- › tailors in seoul korea? 19 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 19 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.