Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3087post #46291 of 787222/27/13 at 4:44am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #46292 of 787222/27/13 at 5:24amsometimes, you just dont feel like a sportcoat.
Details... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #46293 of 787222/27/13 at 5:32amQuote:Originally Posted by DerekS
sometimes, you just dont feel like a sportcoat.
Details... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice casual outfit and great hair , but have you pinned your collar?post #46294 of 787222/27/13 at 5:39ampost #46295 of 787222/27/13 at 5:44amOriginally Posted by sugarbutchOriginally Posted by RDiaz
Agreed. I wear a panama in summer as often as the weather permits (in this country, sadly not that often), but would really hesistate to wear a boater in anything other than the most deliberately ironic and informal of contexts. They're inherently ridiculous items and the occasion has to match that. Silly/casual summer garden parties, paired with a cream linen suit or seersucker jacket, and the like.Originally Posted by williamsonOriginally Posted by Holdfast
Will this winter never end...
True. But nonetheless I still prefer warm sunny days and fewer required layers of those clothes!
I like the top half a lot. The shirt & tie seem a bit more pattern-intensive than your typical choices; maybe I'm just not used to seeing a photo of you in a non navy tie. ;)
Those shoes are definitely a love/hate item. I personally can't get on board gunships like that; they certainly good-looking, and almost archetypal of the breed but I just don't like their aesthetic much.
On a more general point, though, I hope this rare foray presages more frequent photos from you in the thread!Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like this Moo. Looks very American, but I don't mean that as some kind of a veiled criticism. It's almost what a sketch artist might draw for an idealised/fictional old-school US businessman on a relatively low-key day.Originally Posted by RDiaz
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like this a lot. The shirt/tie/square are more or less shades to the photo you posted yesterday, but I think work much better with this suit than the prior very dark navy jacket.post #46296 of 787222/27/13 at 5:44amQuote:
I am British, we do not fear stiffness. Shall I PM you my address?
Ping, I don't like your tie - that whole novelty thing goes right past me. But you look good. The jacket is awesome.
Crust, usual high standards...although I am finding brown shoes and grey stripes are bothering me today. It will pass!
Lilac: beautiful - CBD for the CEO of a boutique Italian sports car builder.
Derek: absolute fucking dog's cock of a disgrace. But I like your shoes.post #46297 of 787222/27/13 at 5:50ampost #46298 of 787222/27/13 at 5:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Agreed. I wear a panama in summer as often as the weather permits (in this country, sadly not that often), but would really hesistate to wear a boater in anything other than the most deliberately ironic and informal of contexts. They're inherently ridiculous items and the occasion has to match that. Silly/casual summer garden parties, paired with a cream linen suit or seersucker jacket, and the like.
Agh. Well, you guys probably saved me from ridicule - I really did like boaters, but I guess that was just because I was rather unfamiliar with them and their use
On yesterday's fit, you're absolutely right my blazer is way too dark. Lighter navy tropical wool DB is in my "get it done" list for the summer, though I don't know if I will be able to do it this year or the next...
Hahaha. Well, my tie collection needs to grow a bit first, then I might want to get rid of some old ones and we may talk
Edited by RDiaz - 2/27/13 at 6:39ampost #46299 of 787222/27/13 at 5:52ampost #46300 of 787222/27/13 at 5:52amQuote:
Point taken! I'm not all that fond of novelty ties either, but this one is pretty subtle, I think. Nice change-of-pace tie for me, but to each his own I guess!post #46301 of 787222/27/13 at 5:53am
Following 3 weeks of growing my beard for my Paris lecture, and given that I have to keep a moustache until next Monday, I have been amusing myself (and random people around the university) with changing facial hair...
Yesterday was a bit 70s and somewhat sleazy:
Today, I shaved back the sideburns and trimmed the moustache to a slighly less sinister form (it's really shitty weather today, so this an outerwear pic):
I would never do this if I didn't have a certain costume in mind for the lectures I do. I look too much like my old man with a moustache, it is scary.
Edited by FlyingMonkey - 2/27/13 at 6:12ampost #46302 of 787222/27/13 at 5:56ampost #46303 of 787222/27/13 at 5:57ampost #46304 of 787222/27/13 at 5:58am
FlyingMonkeys: the 70s look is totally awesome in that, as you say, sleazy 70s way. But yeah, only for a day!
In previous years I've grown my beard out over winter, but last year I noticed a little too much grey in it, so I haven't done it this year. The fun you're having is tempting me just a bit though.
Thanks! Yeah, now I've gotten used to the new haircut over the past couple of weeks, I definitely prefer it to the old one.post #46305 of 787222/27/13 at 6:18amQuote:
I know I'm new here, so please take this in the jovial spirit it's intended: Why? Are you playing Freddie Mercury on Monday? Because the resemblance is un freaking canny.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › They would have expected that alright has done 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 1 minute ago
- › Why i will never buy from Oki Ni again. 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 16 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 18 minutes ago
- › MCLASSIC101.com (Saint Crispins Footwear) - Official Affiliate Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Dark shirts with blazers? 21 minutes ago
- › Cheap Kitchens For Sale 21 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...