Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:20 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3086post #46277 of 787172/27/13 at 12:11ampost #46278 of 787172/27/13 at 3:05ampost #46279 of 787172/27/13 at 3:19am
Even the bald ones, allegedly.
NYI, you hit it out of the park today.
Spoo, I love your suit but overall I feel it's a bit dull today with the heavy, neutral tie. And from the opposite point, just because brown shoes are allowed, doesn't mean they are always the best. I think black would be great here - maybe a bal boot or a monster longwing. Or even something unusual like a blue brogue or a green wholecut. I'm getting tired (dare I say it) of the G&G ubiquity. Sounds silly to say about such great shoes, but it's getting dull for a man of your inestimable calibre!
Irate - loving all that.
Tirailleur - I have to admit your style is a little too @fashion for me sometimes. Each to his own. But you do carry it better than most, and I actually really like your look today - long tail and all!
Edmorel, you do look rather disheveled...rather like I feel . But I like the jacket actually, even though it does break the "Glan check only for a suit" rule, and in my opinion needs darker trousers. But in those shoes, all sins should be forgiven. Not least because of what would happen if you kicked someone in them. I am dreaming of triple-soled cordovan Dinkelackers. Which shows how tragically detached from reality this forum has made me. Ho hum. At least you chaps get it.
Edit: just seen the post below. Wow! Good taste thread if you dare, Senor Diaz! That's a peach.
Edit 2: I missed out Moo amongst those. Nice!
Edited by mimo - 2/27/13 at 5:45ampost #46280 of 787172/27/13 at 3:31ampost #46281 of 787172/27/13 at 3:40ampost #46282 of 787172/27/13 at 3:43ampost #46283 of 787172/27/13 at 3:46ampost #46284 of 787172/27/13 at 3:54amNo time for proper photos today.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)vintage tweed SC
belisario MTM shirt
Johnston of Elgin lambswool cardigan
Arny's wool/silk tie
vintage flannel trousers by Davies & son
Tricker's suede single-strap monkspost #46285 of 787172/27/13 at 4:20ampost #46286 of 787172/27/13 at 4:26ampost #46287 of 787172/27/13 at 4:28amA rainy morning in NYC, but soon to be clearer, and I've a museum reception to attend this evening - the Whitney, for which all ideas of "appropriate dress" are thrown out the window. Half the crowd comes straight from their atelier, or the paint-smudged grunge that they wear would lead us to believe . . .
Be that as it may, today's attire - not paint-besmirched (at least so far).
Suit - BB GF
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Zegna
PS - PRL
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
Shoes - Finsbury, Paris
Topcoat - JAB
Hat - Scala
Scarf - Ede & Ravenscroft
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #46288 of 787172/27/13 at 4:44ampost #46289 of 787172/27/13 at 4:44ampost #46290 of 787172/27/13 at 5:24amsometimes, you just dont feel like a sportcoat.
Details... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 seconds ago
- › REEVES OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 36 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Air Jordan 11 retro from 2000 Space Jam 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding