Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:18 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3080
Styleforum Top Pickspost #46187 of 787212/26/13 at 7:27ampost #46188 of 787212/26/13 at 7:30ampost #46189 of 787212/26/13 at 7:34ampost #46190 of 787212/26/13 at 7:40ampost #46191 of 787212/26/13 at 7:43ampost #46192 of 787212/26/13 at 7:44ampost #46193 of 787212/26/13 at 7:44amQuote:
Nice. Love the tie. Not a huge fan of the PS, but on this whole, this is nice.Quote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Screw "smart casual" dress code, I want to wear my new suit.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
St. Andrews for RLPL suit
Good for you, you should wear your new suit!
I am always so jealous of your sweet thrifting findspost #46194 of 787212/26/13 at 7:45ampost #46195 of 787212/26/13 at 7:48ampost #46196 of 787212/26/13 at 7:49am
Like a face-off, sing-off, or even a dance-off, but with even more follicles and/or hairspray.
BTW, for me, it worked if you close the initial linked photo and go back to the page with 2 images, and then go back in and vote (this behaviour might be browser/settings-dependent)
Thanks. It's from the Sherry Tweed II book, so it's entirely possible you're looking at the same fabric! I really like it took, but be warned, it's a shade of grey that requires you to have significantly contrasting grey trousers (dark charcoal, or very pale) or really dark earth colours (dark green in the pic, for example). Denim works surprisingly well too. Cream/beige is nice too. Middling shades of grey flannel or donegal aren't enough of a contrast though.
Not too blue, but the tie isn't a good choice for the shirt IMO. A more sparsely patterned navy tie would have worked just fine.
I have a similarly-coloured waistcoat and don't think I've ever paired it with sky blues (apart from shirt); I think I will steal this idea!Quote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
A mixture of old and new today.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great tie for this look. I suspect many here won't be fond of it, but I really like it.
Correct choice. :)
Nice elements, but I feel the tie is a little too close in colour to the shirt's check. Something more contrasting might have worked better.
I like this. A bit sombre for me, but it all works well together. If the stripes are pale blue, the tie is spookily close to that of my old college (not the same, but close enough for me to double-take).
It looks excellent. I'm not a massive fan of the tie (just a bit too stripey for me), but the rest of the outfit is great. Having said that, I trust you're being careful walking the dresscode tightrope, unless you have a backup/exit plan if the situation escalates. No point creating enemies for little reason otherwise.post #46197 of 787212/26/13 at 7:52ampost #46198 of 787212/26/13 at 7:52ampost #46199 of 787212/26/13 at 7:56amQuote:
That is one good-looking suit! Not so sure about shirt and tie though - I think contrast collars are really hard to pull off.post #46200 of 787212/26/13 at 8:00am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 54 seconds ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 2 minutes ago
- › The Seven Stages of Classic Menswear 3 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 3 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 15 4 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015