derek - excellent choice.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 12/2/13 at 4:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3080
Styleforum Top Picks
(Note to self: never post just before NYI!)
Ping - yours is nicer! I love that suit; no shame in giving it a lot of use.
NOBD has stolen my camera remote, so I must resort to this until the new one comes in.
Quality Clag (Click to show)
Nice look, Claggy - I really like the shoulders on that jacket.
Edit: Stitch! Nice tie. Clashes with your socks but what the hell, eh?
Nice. Love the tie. Not a huge fan of the PS, but on this whole, this is nice.
Screw "smart casual" dress code, I want to wear my new suit.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
St. Andrews for RLPL suit
Good for you, you should wear your new suit!
I am always so jealous of your sweet thrifting finds
Like a face-off, sing-off, or even a dance-off, but with even more follicles and/or hairspray.
BTW, for me, it worked if you close the initial linked photo and go back to the page with 2 images, and then go back in and vote (this behaviour might be browser/settings-dependent)
Thanks. It's from the Sherry Tweed II book, so it's entirely possible you're looking at the same fabric! I really like it took, but be warned, it's a shade of grey that requires you to have significantly contrasting grey trousers (dark charcoal, or very pale) or really dark earth colours (dark green in the pic, for example). Denim works surprisingly well too. Cream/beige is nice too. Middling shades of grey flannel or donegal aren't enough of a contrast though.
Not too blue, but the tie isn't a good choice for the shirt IMO. A more sparsely patterned navy tie would have worked just fine.
I have a similarly-coloured waistcoat and don't think I've ever paired it with sky blues (apart from shirt); I think I will steal this idea!
A mixture of old and new today.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great tie for this look. I suspect many here won't be fond of it, but I really like it.
Correct choice. :)
Nice elements, but I feel the tie is a little too close in colour to the shirt's check. Something more contrasting might have worked better.
I like this. A bit sombre for me, but it all works well together. If the stripes are pale blue, the tie is spookily close to that of my old college (not the same, but close enough for me to double-take).
It looks excellent. I'm not a massive fan of the tie (just a bit too stripey for me), but the rest of the outfit is great. Having said that, I trust you're being careful walking the dresscode tightrope, unless you have a backup/exit plan if the situation escalates. No point creating enemies for little reason otherwise.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › PRICE DROPS - Engineered Garments Stripe Irving Jacket (L) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › SW&D CHALLENGE 12.14.13 --- Blue and Green 9 minutes ago
- › Technical Outerwear 9 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Is it time to resole my 1000 miles? 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Cigar LWBs -- 10D, Barrie 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw