Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3080post #46186 of 787212/26/13 at 7:19am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #46187 of 787212/26/13 at 7:27ampost #46188 of 787212/26/13 at 7:30ampost #46189 of 787212/26/13 at 7:34ampost #46190 of 787212/26/13 at 7:40ampost #46191 of 787212/26/13 at 7:43ampost #46192 of 787212/26/13 at 7:44ampost #46193 of 787212/26/13 at 7:44amQuote:
Nice. Love the tie. Not a huge fan of the PS, but on this whole, this is nice.Quote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Screw "smart casual" dress code, I want to wear my new suit.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
St. Andrews for RLPL suit
Good for you, you should wear your new suit!
I am always so jealous of your sweet thrifting findspost #46194 of 787212/26/13 at 7:45ampost #46195 of 787212/26/13 at 7:48ampost #46196 of 787212/26/13 at 7:49am
Like a face-off, sing-off, or even a dance-off, but with even more follicles and/or hairspray.
BTW, for me, it worked if you close the initial linked photo and go back to the page with 2 images, and then go back in and vote (this behaviour might be browser/settings-dependent)
Thanks. It's from the Sherry Tweed II book, so it's entirely possible you're looking at the same fabric! I really like it took, but be warned, it's a shade of grey that requires you to have significantly contrasting grey trousers (dark charcoal, or very pale) or really dark earth colours (dark green in the pic, for example). Denim works surprisingly well too. Cream/beige is nice too. Middling shades of grey flannel or donegal aren't enough of a contrast though.
Not too blue, but the tie isn't a good choice for the shirt IMO. A more sparsely patterned navy tie would have worked just fine.
I have a similarly-coloured waistcoat and don't think I've ever paired it with sky blues (apart from shirt); I think I will steal this idea!Quote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
A mixture of old and new today.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great tie for this look. I suspect many here won't be fond of it, but I really like it.
Correct choice. :)
Nice elements, but I feel the tie is a little too close in colour to the shirt's check. Something more contrasting might have worked better.
I like this. A bit sombre for me, but it all works well together. If the stripes are pale blue, the tie is spookily close to that of my old college (not the same, but close enough for me to double-take).
It looks excellent. I'm not a massive fan of the tie (just a bit too stripey for me), but the rest of the outfit is great. Having said that, I trust you're being careful walking the dresscode tightrope, unless you have a backup/exit plan if the situation escalates. No point creating enemies for little reason otherwise.post #46197 of 787212/26/13 at 7:52ampost #46198 of 787212/26/13 at 7:52ampost #46199 of 787212/26/13 at 7:56amQuote:
That is one good-looking suit! Not so sure about shirt and tie though - I think contrast collars are really hard to pull off.post #46200 of 787212/26/13 at 8:00am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 18 seconds ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 20 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 34 seconds ago
- › The Official VINTAGE T SHIRT KNOWLEDGE THREAD. 1 minute ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 6 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...