derek - excellent choice.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/31/12 at 5:14pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 1/30/13 at 10:57pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Edited on 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Edited on 5/31/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3080
(Note to self: never post just before NYI!)
Ping - yours is nicer! I love that suit; no shame in giving it a lot of use.
NOBD has stolen my camera remote, so I must resort to this until the new one comes in.
Quality Clag (Click to show)
Nice look, Claggy - I really like the shoulders on that jacket.
Edit: Stitch! Nice tie. Clashes with your socks but what the hell, eh?
Nice. Love the tie. Not a huge fan of the PS, but on this whole, this is nice.
Screw "smart casual" dress code, I want to wear my new suit.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
St. Andrews for RLPL suit
Good for you, you should wear your new suit!
I am always so jealous of your sweet thrifting finds
Like a face-off, sing-off, or even a dance-off, but with even more follicles and/or hairspray.
BTW, for me, it worked if you close the initial linked photo and go back to the page with 2 images, and then go back in and vote (this behaviour might be browser/settings-dependent)
Thanks. It's from the Sherry Tweed II book, so it's entirely possible you're looking at the same fabric! I really like it took, but be warned, it's a shade of grey that requires you to have significantly contrasting grey trousers (dark charcoal, or very pale) or really dark earth colours (dark green in the pic, for example). Denim works surprisingly well too. Cream/beige is nice too. Middling shades of grey flannel or donegal aren't enough of a contrast though.
Not too blue, but the tie isn't a good choice for the shirt IMO. A more sparsely patterned navy tie would have worked just fine.
I have a similarly-coloured waistcoat and don't think I've ever paired it with sky blues (apart from shirt); I think I will steal this idea!
A mixture of old and new today.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great tie for this look. I suspect many here won't be fond of it, but I really like it.
Correct choice. :)
Nice elements, but I feel the tie is a little too close in colour to the shirt's check. Something more contrasting might have worked better.
I like this. A bit sombre for me, but it all works well together. If the stripes are pale blue, the tie is spookily close to that of my old college (not the same, but close enough for me to double-take).
It looks excellent. I'm not a massive fan of the tie (just a bit too stripey for me), but the rest of the outfit is great. Having said that, I trust you're being careful walking the dresscode tightrope, unless you have a backup/exit plan if the situation escalates. No point creating enemies for little reason otherwise.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Post pics of your denim 4 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Brooks Brothers PEAL shoes sizing DEFECTS?? 5 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 9 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 12 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › To Boot New York Men's Sawyer Boot,Parma Doc Teak 432,9.5 M US by baronbvp
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Outerwear) by alyssaw
- › What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12 by skehoe