Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:49 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3059
Styleforum Top Pickspost #45872 of 787212/21/13 at 7:55ampost #45873 of 787212/21/13 at 7:59ampost #45874 of 787212/21/13 at 8:04ampost #45875 of 787212/21/13 at 8:08amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Quote:Quote:
Mission accomplished.post #45876 of 787212/21/13 at 8:11am
Stich, I think the slightly wider leg opening on these trousers does wonders for the overall silhouette. Some of your other pants are rather aggressively tapered and that tend's to sometimes make you "top heavy". But these trouserspost #45877 of 787212/21/13 at 8:12ampost #45878 of 787212/21/13 at 8:18ampost #45879 of 787212/21/13 at 8:19ampost #45880 of 787212/21/13 at 8:41amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
take 2 with this SC/tie combo.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Just based on your color/pattern/texture combinations I'd say it is one of your best of late. As I always mention when I see those shoes, I would have gone with something else lol, but this is definitely a pairing I would wear.post #45881 of 787212/21/13 at 8:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Johnboy
I probably shouldn't be commenting on a guy with +- 13,000 posts.. however..
Overall I like it including the colours but..
I will comment on what i see.
The trouser legs would look better straight cut than flared, or straighten your knees.
Jacket looks to be very long, far below your knuckles, maybe camera angle.
Tie is far too long, hangs half way down your fly.
Shirt collar is too big by about 2 sizes. I notice you have tightened it to lose the gap but the collar blades criss crossing does not look so good.
and of course a "cream puff" basic or cream/brown/rust/maroon patterned puff PS would go so well with the colours in the stripes in your SC.
Anyone can comment on anyone here, don't worry about that.
The trousers are not flared, but they aren't tapered, either. I think a slight taper + cuff would do wonders for them. The jacket is not too long - mirror/camera angle. The shirt collar is a bit large... it was a purchase from some time ago when my neck was a bit thicker. Maybe donation time?post #45882 of 787212/21/13 at 8:50ampost #45883 of 787212/21/13 at 8:51am
lol, i figured that was your agenda.
thanks, shugz!Quote:Originally Posted by aravenel
Stitchy, I can't decide if I like the tie matching the overcheck in the SC. I'm leaning towards no, but it's borderline.
I'm also not a huge fan of self stripe shirts like that, but this one is so fine that it could sneak in over the line. It looks totally fine in all but the most closeup shot.
I like the brown trousers with the SC, and I have to say, whether it's the coat itself or the angle of the photo, this coat appears to fit you better than most, particularly in length. Very nice coat, and nice pairing with the trousers.
i like the matching. sometimes a little bit is good. i have seen such from the best around here even. also, its not really a self stripe, its a fine herringbone. anyhow horses for courses.
thanks for teh kind words. regarding the photo, i got my wife to take a few so the pic could be taken at a higher angle, and yes, it indeed looks way better. glad you noticed.
thanks, man! much appreciated. most of my trousers are like this. its really only the gray ones from yesterday that are not, but i wear them often. i just got a new pair of light gray trousers though, with a less aggressive taper, so they will be thrown in the mix too. yay new pants!!!Quote:
thanks, man. these shoes rule.post #45884 of 787212/21/13 at 8:51ampost #45885 of 787212/21/13 at 8:57am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Currently, there are 1827 Active Users (422 Members and 1405 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 second ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 12 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 22 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 22 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 53 seconds ago
- › Ray Ban Wayfarer RB4195 Liteforce Polarised 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...