depends on teh month.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3047post #45691 of 787232/19/13 at 11:20am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #45692 of 787232/19/13 at 11:20am
You know I hate the Foo Taste Thread as much as anyone in this forum but I gotta go with SB on this. Not feeling the pocket square too much...
nothing wrong with the tie and jacket combo as long as the shirt has a high enough contrast in color , pattern or textures
still got love for you Derek :smooches:post #45693 of 787232/19/13 at 11:25amQuote:Originally Posted by MonkeyfaceQuote:
Thanks for the advice, really appreciate it. I'm still experimenting with what looks good on me and what doesn't. I feel that a DB with a peak lapel might be a bit too much for a guy my age, especially for going to class. I've been eying a navy wool/linen DB with peak lapels though, so I might just give that a try when spring comes around.
What kind of tie would you recommend for this kind of weather/fabric? It was very sunny today, but also very close to freezing.
Silk madder would look great. Silk knit. Grossa grenadine. None should be in bright, vernal colors.post #45694 of 787232/19/13 at 12:38pmQuote:
Holy.... That's one of the best outfits I've seen. And that SC is just amazing.
Great job matepost #45695 of 787232/19/13 at 12:42pmpost #45696 of 787232/19/13 at 12:45pmQuote:
I like all the parts, beautiful shirt, and tie, and awesome PS, but the lighting doesn't do your outfit justice.post #45697 of 787232/19/13 at 12:52pmQuote:Quote:
Thanks fellas!Quote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
As a look, it certainly exudes the casual air it's meant to and as such, it works within its own framework, I'm sure. Personally, though. I find the lapels a bit too wide, and I've never been terribly fond of unlined ties in generally, but especially when you can see the folds/stitching in the front of the tie, pressed through from behind. Just looks weird to me. One man's nourishing artisanal touch is another's sartorial poison, I suppose.
Different strokes for different folks
I do love your new haircut and that SC today :thumbsup:Quote:
thx shuga!post #45698 of 787232/19/13 at 12:54pmpost #45699 of 787232/19/13 at 1:05pmQuote:
But, seriously, is generally more right than wrong. If he were just an idiot spouting nonsense, there would be no point in arguing with him.post #45700 of 787232/19/13 at 1:14pmpost #45701 of 787232/19/13 at 1:28pmpost #45702 of 787232/19/13 at 1:32pmpost #45703 of 787232/19/13 at 1:35pmpost #45704 of 787232/19/13 at 1:38pmpost #45705 of 787232/19/13 at 1:52pm
Long time lurker, first time poster. Business casual today:
Hugo Boss "James" sportcoat
Ike Behar slim fit shirt
JZ Richards pocket square
Santorelli trousers (olive)
Polo belt (brown)
TBNY shows (brown)
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › NFL 2014-15 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 4 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 7 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 8 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 11 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)