I like the bottom half so much and hate the top half so much. I just dont know if that SC is really wearable.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3046post #45676 of 787192/19/13 at 10:07am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #45677 of 787192/19/13 at 10:15amQuote:Originally Posted by Sander
Your love is all i need.
Actually I think it's a common phenomenon; if you don't post that often, people don't comment. Maybe because it's easier to judge a fit if you have a coherent image of the poster.
I am bewildered by this response. It shows maturity, something I know doesn't exist here. The cognitive dissonance is overwhelming. As for the picture posted, it was too dark for me to get a sense of the details, so I refrained from comment.Quote:Originally Posted by Pingson
Ended up in discussion about the virtues of the three-piece suit the "good taste" thread yesterday and decided to follow through with today's selection. I now realise that sans the vest this is awfully close to what Sander posted yesterday - which is actually a good thing since he looked great! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
(except for the tie)Quote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
I swear that I did not consult with pingson above when deciding on today's fit.
Back to work after a three-day weekend, and facing rain in the afternoon. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The first thought which comes to mind with the tie is "retina-searing."Quote:Originally Posted by DerekS
not sure how i feel about this...i havent worn a navy tie/navy blazer together. Is the texture enough to differentiate? thanks in advance for the opinions. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I don't care for that type of shirt, but I accept that others do, so taking that as given, this seems like a fairly good use of it. Except for the hank. It stands out in saturation and sheen, and relates to nothing else you have on.Quote:Originally Posted by in stitches
once again, color representation in full pic is off. ugh. stupid overcast cloudy day. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like the monochrome, Stitchy. Keep on keepin' on.Quote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
Olive donegal tweed. Still having problems taking nice pictures though. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Even if we accept the notch lapel on the DB (which is a lot to accept), the lapel width is far too skimpy. The tie also leans too far toward spring/summer for the jacket fabric.Quote:Originally Posted by ianGP
Quick snaps today: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ian, almost everything about this is indefensible, yet it comes together with a louche effect which somehow allows you to pull it off.Quote:Originally Posted by IrateCustomer
Got dressed in a quick hurry to make an appointment, so I just went to some pretty standard gear. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like this in spite of the red tie.post #45678 of 787192/19/13 at 10:19ampost #45679 of 787192/19/13 at 10:19ampost #45680 of 787192/19/13 at 10:23ampost #45681 of 787192/19/13 at 10:25ampost #45682 of 787192/19/13 at 10:41ampost #45683 of 787192/19/13 at 10:46amQuote:
You're finally getting a handle on how to wear it, and now you want to sell it? Color me confused...post #45684 of 787192/19/13 at 10:46amQuote:Quote:
thanks, guys. i knew this fit would elicit different reactions. certainly its not for everyone, and the scale issue is something that will bother some. appreciate the feedback, and the fact that you all enjoyed at least one segment of the fit.
shugz - great fit.Quote:Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
stitch... I don't know if that particular pose, with your fists at your sides is working for you. You look rather stiff.
Try this one instead. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
if i ever look like that, i will do that pose.post #45685 of 787192/19/13 at 10:48amQuote:
lol, i love it, and im quite happy with the things i can pair with it that i like, im just feel it might me boxy. idk, i change my mind every time i wear it. next time i wear it ill probably say im keeping it FOREVAR!!! lol.post #45686 of 787192/19/13 at 11:00amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
TTO - amaing. please do not ever post a fit after me again. kthnx.
thanks, man. i know its very contrarian, but i tend enjoy this SC more with only blacks, grays and whites. monochrome. i know its not a fran fave.
i figured as much. PERV!
thanks, mimo. i will be careful for that. lol.
hey now. saturday is a holy day. you must have meant sunday.
sidebar - i also find myself using any colorful striped shirts much less. almost exclusively in a casual look.
Is this your profile description on adultfriendfinder?post #45687 of 787192/19/13 at 11:06amQuote:
Claggers, open quarters refers to the lower front of your jacket. See how, in particular with today's pic, your jacket fronts overlap almost to the hem? This makes the jacket look kinda boxy and square. If you have open quarters, which I guess can be manipulated by a tailor taking a slice out of your side seems, the jacket will open slightly below the button to make a tall narrow A-line from your jacket front edges. Be careful not to go to far and get the turkey triangle, with your tie, shirt and belt buckle peeking out from beneath your jacket button.
I like the high buttoning point of some of your jackets and have complimented yor 'hard threes' in the past too. It's easier for taller people to pull these off, shorties end up looking too squat and need the illusion of height given by longer lapels and lower buttoning points, but if I can rest my pint pot on the top of their heads confortably then no amount of tailoring gimmicks is gonna help them.post #45688 of 787192/19/13 at 11:12amQuote:
Thanks for the advice, really appreciate it. I'm still experimenting with what looks good on me and what doesn't. I feel that a DB with a peak lapel might be a bit too much for a guy my age, especially for going to class. I've been eying a navy wool/linen DB with peak lapels though, so I might just give that a try when spring comes around.
What kind of tie would you recommend for this kind of weather/fabric? It was very sunny today, but also very close to freezing.post #45689 of 787192/19/13 at 11:12am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Hair Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent FW 13 Skinny Leather pants 13 minutes ago
- › Denims 23 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 24 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 38 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 41 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 43 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.