I like the bottom half so much and hate the top half so much. I just dont know if that SC is really wearable.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:52 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3046post #45676 of 787212/19/13 at 10:07am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #45677 of 787212/19/13 at 10:15amQuote:Originally Posted by Sander
Your love is all i need.
Actually I think it's a common phenomenon; if you don't post that often, people don't comment. Maybe because it's easier to judge a fit if you have a coherent image of the poster.
I am bewildered by this response. It shows maturity, something I know doesn't exist here. The cognitive dissonance is overwhelming. As for the picture posted, it was too dark for me to get a sense of the details, so I refrained from comment.Quote:Originally Posted by Pingson
Ended up in discussion about the virtues of the three-piece suit the "good taste" thread yesterday and decided to follow through with today's selection. I now realise that sans the vest this is awfully close to what Sander posted yesterday - which is actually a good thing since he looked great! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
(except for the tie)Quote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
I swear that I did not consult with pingson above when deciding on today's fit.
Back to work after a three-day weekend, and facing rain in the afternoon. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The first thought which comes to mind with the tie is "retina-searing."Quote:Originally Posted by DerekS
not sure how i feel about this...i havent worn a navy tie/navy blazer together. Is the texture enough to differentiate? thanks in advance for the opinions. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I don't care for that type of shirt, but I accept that others do, so taking that as given, this seems like a fairly good use of it. Except for the hank. It stands out in saturation and sheen, and relates to nothing else you have on.Quote:Originally Posted by in stitches
once again, color representation in full pic is off. ugh. stupid overcast cloudy day. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like the monochrome, Stitchy. Keep on keepin' on.Quote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
Olive donegal tweed. Still having problems taking nice pictures though. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Even if we accept the notch lapel on the DB (which is a lot to accept), the lapel width is far too skimpy. The tie also leans too far toward spring/summer for the jacket fabric.Quote:Originally Posted by ianGP
Quick snaps today: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ian, almost everything about this is indefensible, yet it comes together with a louche effect which somehow allows you to pull it off.Quote:Originally Posted by IrateCustomer
Got dressed in a quick hurry to make an appointment, so I just went to some pretty standard gear. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like this in spite of the red tie.post #45678 of 787212/19/13 at 10:19ampost #45679 of 787212/19/13 at 10:19ampost #45680 of 787212/19/13 at 10:23ampost #45681 of 787212/19/13 at 10:25ampost #45682 of 787212/19/13 at 10:41ampost #45683 of 787212/19/13 at 10:46amQuote:
You're finally getting a handle on how to wear it, and now you want to sell it? Color me confused...post #45684 of 787212/19/13 at 10:46amQuote:Quote:
thanks, guys. i knew this fit would elicit different reactions. certainly its not for everyone, and the scale issue is something that will bother some. appreciate the feedback, and the fact that you all enjoyed at least one segment of the fit.
shugz - great fit.Quote:Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
stitch... I don't know if that particular pose, with your fists at your sides is working for you. You look rather stiff.
Try this one instead. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
if i ever look like that, i will do that pose.post #45685 of 787212/19/13 at 10:48amQuote:
lol, i love it, and im quite happy with the things i can pair with it that i like, im just feel it might me boxy. idk, i change my mind every time i wear it. next time i wear it ill probably say im keeping it FOREVAR!!! lol.post #45686 of 787212/19/13 at 11:00amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
TTO - amaing. please do not ever post a fit after me again. kthnx.
thanks, man. i know its very contrarian, but i tend enjoy this SC more with only blacks, grays and whites. monochrome. i know its not a fran fave.
i figured as much. PERV!
thanks, mimo. i will be careful for that. lol.
hey now. saturday is a holy day. you must have meant sunday.
sidebar - i also find myself using any colorful striped shirts much less. almost exclusively in a casual look.
Is this your profile description on adultfriendfinder?post #45687 of 787212/19/13 at 11:06amQuote:
Claggers, open quarters refers to the lower front of your jacket. See how, in particular with today's pic, your jacket fronts overlap almost to the hem? This makes the jacket look kinda boxy and square. If you have open quarters, which I guess can be manipulated by a tailor taking a slice out of your side seems, the jacket will open slightly below the button to make a tall narrow A-line from your jacket front edges. Be careful not to go to far and get the turkey triangle, with your tie, shirt and belt buckle peeking out from beneath your jacket button.
I like the high buttoning point of some of your jackets and have complimented yor 'hard threes' in the past too. It's easier for taller people to pull these off, shorties end up looking too squat and need the illusion of height given by longer lapels and lower buttoning points, but if I can rest my pint pot on the top of their heads confortably then no amount of tailoring gimmicks is gonna help them.post #45688 of 787212/19/13 at 11:12amQuote:
Thanks for the advice, really appreciate it. I'm still experimenting with what looks good on me and what doesn't. I feel that a DB with a peak lapel might be a bit too much for a guy my age, especially for going to class. I've been eying a navy wool/linen DB with peak lapels though, so I might just give that a try when spring comes around.
What kind of tie would you recommend for this kind of weather/fabric? It was very sunny today, but also very close to freezing.post #45689 of 787212/19/13 at 11:12am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Poor man's watch thread 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 5 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 6 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...