I know the feeling. This one looks like "happy saint patricks day"
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:15 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3045post #45661 of 787212/19/13 at 8:23am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #45662 of 787212/19/13 at 8:24amQuote:Originally Posted by ianGP
Quick snaps today:
Awesome Kiton Cashmere Jacket (Click to show)
"And the insane lapel and roped shoulder award goes to....."
Brilliant! Also, I'm borrowing that pic. For...a thing.post #45663 of 787212/19/13 at 8:25ampost #45664 of 787212/19/13 at 8:28ampost #45665 of 787212/19/13 at 8:31amso I had a whole write up on why TTO's outfit (and most of his posts) is so great, the whole "wearing the clothes rather than it wearing you", avoiding "perfect" clothing, dressing to your lifestyle and needs etc but by the second paragraph I got tired so there you have it.post #45666 of 787212/19/13 at 8:33ampost #45667 of 787212/19/13 at 9:03amQuote:Originally Posted by ianGP
Quick snaps today:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
As a look, it certainly exudes the casual air it's meant to and as such, it works within its own framework, I'm sure. Personally, though. I find the lapels a bit too wide, and I've never been terribly fond of unlined ties in generally, but especially when you can see the folds/stitching in the front of the tie, pressed through from behind. Just looks weird to me. One man's nourishing artisanal touch is another's sartorial poison, I suppose.
Had to give my car in for its MOT (annual roadworthiness check, for the non-British reader) today. No point getting a courtesy car for such a short wait, so loitered around and did some random creative writing instead; it's been ages since I've written purely for my own entertainment but with no major professional writing in the pipeline this year so far, it was nice to just indulge instead. Turns out the car needs some indulgences too: tyres (always bloody tyres!), and suspension work... at nearly 10 years old it's starting to show its age. I worked out that between the two jobs, I'm going to have to spend roughly 10-15% of the (optimistic) residual value of the car just to keep it on the road. You have to laugh.
Anyway, that's my lament of the day. Back to clothes...post #45668 of 787212/19/13 at 9:09amTTO - amaing. please do not ever post a fit after me again. kthnx.Quote:
thanks, man. i know its very contrarian, but i tend enjoy this SC more with only blacks, grays and whites. monochrome. i know its not a fran fave.
i figured as much. PERV!Quote:
thanks, mimo. i will be careful for that. lol.Quote:
hey now. saturday is a holy day. you must have meant sunday.
sidebar - i also find myself using any colorful striped shirts much less. almost exclusively in a casual look.post #45669 of 787212/19/13 at 9:15ampost #45670 of 787212/19/13 at 9:18ampost #45671 of 787212/19/13 at 9:21ampost #45672 of 787212/19/13 at 9:24ampost #45673 of 787212/19/13 at 9:27ampost #45674 of 787212/19/13 at 10:01ampost #45675 of 787212/19/13 at 10:05amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
once again, color representation in full pic is off. ugh. stupid overcast cloudy day.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Awesome tie Stitch. My hurts though from looking at the tie and SC together - patters too similar in scale for me.
Don't mind the monochrome setup, I use that every once in a while too.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 8 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 20 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG... 21 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 29 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 30 minutes ago
- › Cordless stick vacuum cleaners 30 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015