Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3045post #45661 of 787232/19/13 at 8:23am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #45662 of 787232/19/13 at 8:23amQuote:
I know the feeling. This one looks like "happy saint patricks day"post #45663 of 787232/19/13 at 8:24amQuote:Originally Posted by ianGP
Quick snaps today:
Awesome Kiton Cashmere Jacket (Click to show)
"And the insane lapel and roped shoulder award goes to....."
Brilliant! Also, I'm borrowing that pic. For...a thing.post #45664 of 787232/19/13 at 8:25ampost #45665 of 787232/19/13 at 8:28ampost #45666 of 787232/19/13 at 8:31amso I had a whole write up on why TTO's outfit (and most of his posts) is so great, the whole "wearing the clothes rather than it wearing you", avoiding "perfect" clothing, dressing to your lifestyle and needs etc but by the second paragraph I got tired so there you have it.post #45667 of 787232/19/13 at 8:33ampost #45668 of 787232/19/13 at 9:03amQuote:Originally Posted by ianGP
Quick snaps today:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
As a look, it certainly exudes the casual air it's meant to and as such, it works within its own framework, I'm sure. Personally, though. I find the lapels a bit too wide, and I've never been terribly fond of unlined ties in generally, but especially when you can see the folds/stitching in the front of the tie, pressed through from behind. Just looks weird to me. One man's nourishing artisanal touch is another's sartorial poison, I suppose.
Had to give my car in for its MOT (annual roadworthiness check, for the non-British reader) today. No point getting a courtesy car for such a short wait, so loitered around and did some random creative writing instead; it's been ages since I've written purely for my own entertainment but with no major professional writing in the pipeline this year so far, it was nice to just indulge instead. Turns out the car needs some indulgences too: tyres (always bloody tyres!), and suspension work... at nearly 10 years old it's starting to show its age. I worked out that between the two jobs, I'm going to have to spend roughly 10-15% of the (optimistic) residual value of the car just to keep it on the road. You have to laugh.
Anyway, that's my lament of the day. Back to clothes...post #45669 of 787232/19/13 at 9:09amTTO - amaing. please do not ever post a fit after me again. kthnx.Quote:
thanks, man. i know its very contrarian, but i tend enjoy this SC more with only blacks, grays and whites. monochrome. i know its not a fran fave.
i figured as much. PERV!Quote:
thanks, mimo. i will be careful for that. lol.Quote:
hey now. saturday is a holy day. you must have meant sunday.
sidebar - i also find myself using any colorful striped shirts much less. almost exclusively in a casual look.post #45670 of 787232/19/13 at 9:15ampost #45671 of 787232/19/13 at 9:18ampost #45672 of 787232/19/13 at 9:21ampost #45673 of 787232/19/13 at 9:24ampost #45674 of 787232/19/13 at 9:27ampost #45675 of 787232/19/13 at 10:01am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 9 seconds ago
- › NWOB Size 8 Ralph Lauren Edward Green Leather Canvas 888 Last ... 1 minute ago
- › Half Off A High End Merino Hoodie…Yes Please 1 minute ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 2 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 5 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Addison Boot 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)