I know the feeling. This one looks like "happy saint patricks day"
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:15 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3045post #45661 of 787192/19/13 at 8:23am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #45662 of 787192/19/13 at 8:24amQuote:Originally Posted by ianGP
Quick snaps today:
Awesome Kiton Cashmere Jacket (Click to show)
"And the insane lapel and roped shoulder award goes to....."
Brilliant! Also, I'm borrowing that pic. For...a thing.post #45663 of 787192/19/13 at 8:25ampost #45664 of 787192/19/13 at 8:28ampost #45665 of 787192/19/13 at 8:31amso I had a whole write up on why TTO's outfit (and most of his posts) is so great, the whole "wearing the clothes rather than it wearing you", avoiding "perfect" clothing, dressing to your lifestyle and needs etc but by the second paragraph I got tired so there you have it.post #45666 of 787192/19/13 at 8:33ampost #45667 of 787192/19/13 at 9:03amQuote:Originally Posted by ianGP
Quick snaps today:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
As a look, it certainly exudes the casual air it's meant to and as such, it works within its own framework, I'm sure. Personally, though. I find the lapels a bit too wide, and I've never been terribly fond of unlined ties in generally, but especially when you can see the folds/stitching in the front of the tie, pressed through from behind. Just looks weird to me. One man's nourishing artisanal touch is another's sartorial poison, I suppose.
Had to give my car in for its MOT (annual roadworthiness check, for the non-British reader) today. No point getting a courtesy car for such a short wait, so loitered around and did some random creative writing instead; it's been ages since I've written purely for my own entertainment but with no major professional writing in the pipeline this year so far, it was nice to just indulge instead. Turns out the car needs some indulgences too: tyres (always bloody tyres!), and suspension work... at nearly 10 years old it's starting to show its age. I worked out that between the two jobs, I'm going to have to spend roughly 10-15% of the (optimistic) residual value of the car just to keep it on the road. You have to laugh.
Anyway, that's my lament of the day. Back to clothes...post #45668 of 787192/19/13 at 9:09amTTO - amaing. please do not ever post a fit after me again. kthnx.Quote:
thanks, man. i know its very contrarian, but i tend enjoy this SC more with only blacks, grays and whites. monochrome. i know its not a fran fave.
i figured as much. PERV!Quote:
thanks, mimo. i will be careful for that. lol.Quote:
hey now. saturday is a holy day. you must have meant sunday.
sidebar - i also find myself using any colorful striped shirts much less. almost exclusively in a casual look.post #45669 of 787192/19/13 at 9:15ampost #45670 of 787192/19/13 at 9:18ampost #45671 of 787192/19/13 at 9:21ampost #45672 of 787192/19/13 at 9:24ampost #45673 of 787192/19/13 at 9:27ampost #45674 of 787192/19/13 at 10:01ampost #45675 of 787192/19/13 at 10:05amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
once again, color representation in full pic is off. ugh. stupid overcast cloudy day.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Awesome tie Stitch. My hurts though from looking at the tie and SC together - patters too similar in scale for me.
Don't mind the monochrome setup, I use that every once in a while too.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › BRAVE ICONS JEANS 35 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 2 minutes ago
- › what to say to hairdresser to get hair cut like this? 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.