or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3044  

post #45646 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by mktitsworth View Post

We can find some naked pictures of Taft for you if you'd like.
uhoh.gif

imma pass.
post #45647 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

yeah, agree on the shirt...i rarely wear this, and wanted to get it outta the closet for a bit. Kinda like stitch on saturdays. lol8[1].gif
 

 

I know what you mean! I still haven't found an appropriate match for a navy and green striped shirt that I have (why on earth did I buy a navy and green striped shirt???). 

post #45648 of 78723

- Lilac and Derek, sorry for the shirt abuse.  

 

- TTO, you get the same - just a thing about big stripes and me.  That suit is rocking and the attitude is great.  Those tassles need some new friends to share the burden though!

 

- Stitchy that looks great.  Just don't let the socks and jacket meet or the universe may implode.

 

- Monkeyface, that jacket is insane.  Love it.  It's just begging for a pocket square though - maybe even yet another white one, considering the bold tie.  Really, that is awesome.

post #45649 of 78723

TTO, are those slanted cuffs on your pants? Looks great.

post #45650 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by mktitsworth View Post

We can find some naked pictures of Taft for you if you'd like.

Please don't.
post #45651 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

 

I'm considering returning to the bathroom for my pictures...I'm really not liking this lighting. I do, however, like the depth of field. Perhaps I should invest in something to replace the fluorescent?

 

Yes you should. Can't tell what color is the jacket... from my point of view, looks like something brown...?

post #45652 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

I know what you mean! I still haven't found an appropriate match for a navy and green striped shirt that I have (why on earth did I buy a navy and green striped shirt???). 

Is there any match for this, other than a pair of khakis and a really casual shoe? Unless you mean that there are navy and green stripes with a different ground.
post #45653 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by mktitsworth View Post


Is there any match for this, other than a pair of khakis and a really casual shoe? Unless you mean that there are navy and green stripes with a different ground.

 

Here is a pic. Is there any hope?

 

 

post #45654 of 78723

Yep: new uniform for Subway?

 

OK seriously, I think maybe, just maybe, you could pull this off with some kind of grey blazer.  Possibly tieless.  But man, it's a hell of an effort.  Wear it with jeans, get it dirty and enjoy the easy way.

post #45655 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

I know what you mean! I still haven't found an appropriate match for a navy and green striped shirt that I have (why on earth did I buy a navy and green striped shirt???). 

i used to LOVE stripey shirts. i have so many...and really regret buying them. Now i typically wear them without a tie...or a solid dark tie.

I think you could get away with a navy tie with this. or MAYBE a chocolate brown.
post #45656 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

- Monkeyface, that jacket is insane.  Love it.  It's just begging for a pocket square though - maybe even yet another white one, considering the bold tie.  Really, that is awesome.

 

Thanks! I was thinking it needed a PS too, but the ones I have seemed to bold. Somehow I've never gotten around to actually buying a plain white one.

post #45657 of 78723

Mimo,

 

lol I don't know what I was thinking but yeah, super casual seems to be the only way to go. It looked so much better in the pictures!

post #45658 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post


i used to LOVE stripey shirts. i have so many...and really regret buying them. Now i typically wear them without a tie...or a solid dark tie.

I think you could get away with a navy tie with this. or MAYBE a chocolate brown.

 

I've got a solid navy wool tie that I might try it with if I go with a tie at all. You know, I've usually gone with solid shirts but I've been wanting to experiment with stripes. Which is why I got this, perhaps before I knew what I would even pair it with.

post #45659 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post




I'm considering returning to the bathroom for my pictures...I'm really not liking this lighting. I do, however, like the depth of field. Perhaps I should invest in something to replace the fluorescent?

Claggy, I'm sure this has been addressed but methinks a slightly lower buttoning point and open quarters would do you wonders
post #45660 of 78723
Quick snaps today:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



SC: Kiton full cashmere
Shirt: Finamore
Tie: Vanda 7fold unlined
Trous: E Zegna
Belt: RLPL
PS: Kent Wang
Glasses: Oliver Peoples
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III