or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3028  

post #45406 of 78724

Feeling slightly shabby after big O's stonking effort, but still...

 

Wanted try dark grey trousers with this jacket. On balance, I think my lighter grey ones work better. This combination seems a bit, well, "dowdy" I suppose is the right word. I wondered if the brightness of the jumper & square, and the boldness of the check in the jacket, would mitigate that enough for it to work, but the photo suggests "not really". OK, but unremarkable. Worth the experiment though.

 

post #45407 of 78724
don't think its the pents that are an issue with this outfit as much as it is that thing that is choking you.
post #45408 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

Feeling slightly shabby after big O's stonking effort, but still...
Wanted try dark grey trousers with this jacket. On balance, I think my lighter grey ones work better. This combination seems a bit, well, "dowdy" I suppose is the right word. I wondered if the brightness of the jumper & square, and the boldness of the check in the jacket, would mitigate that enough for it to work, but the photo suggests "not really". OK, but unremarkable. Worth the experiment though.
Pleasantly restrained, I think - not dowdy.
post #45409 of 78724


My initiation post...

Drapers Cashmere / Silk Gun Club Fabric, Wingtip MTM
- A little tight in the chest
- Sleeve length needs a little work

Cego White Shirt
Stark & Sons Navy Genadine
Raleigh Denim Jeans
Chocolate Suede Alfred Sargent Captoes
Navy Cashmere Palatino OTC Socks (product development wink.gif )

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

Saphir Shoe Polish  -  Shoe Shine Guides

Luxury Wooden Hangers & Hundreds of other Fantastic Men's Accessories

post #45410 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

NOBD, I will admit grudgingly that you look fantastic today.  If you would just kindly fuck off to streetwear. rolleyes.gif   (P.S where are those nice chukkas from?)

I won't tell you now.

Loake Kempton.
post #45411 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

don't think its the pents that are an issue with this outfit as much as it is that thing that is choking you.

 

On today of all days, I prefer to think of it as the jumper showing off its passionate love for me. tongue.gif

 

(fwiw, on a more serious note, it doesn't feel tight at all around the neck)

post #45412 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG_1820.jpgIMG_1821.jpgIMG_1822.jpg

BB Makers jacket
BBGF shirt
Rubinacci tie
BB Milano trou
Alden for BB shell LHS
After my two recent failures (featuring a camel coat and a striped blue shirt), I guess it's good to see how it should be done!
post #45413 of 78724
Will need to go to Fashion Week for a uni project. I thought of something that has enough black in it, but at the same time not really....


post #45414 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post


I won't tell you now.

Loake Kempton.

 

I don't know how you did that but it was terribly clever!

 

Loake might not be a very flash brand in this company, but I have a couple of pairs that have served me well for years, and also a cheap Indian-made one I got recently that's giving me a lot of pleasure: same last as your Kemptons actually; might have to have some. Thanks for the tip, and I promise no more cursing. :)

post #45415 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire View Post

Will need to go to Fashion Week for a uni project. I thought of something that has enough black in it, but at the same time not really....


really good looking combination!

 

Nice shoes btw

post #45416 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

I don't know how you did that but it was terribly clever!

COLOR=white]like this. just add a "[" to the begining. [/COLOR]
post #45417 of 78724

I get it.  Sneaky devil, eh?

post #45418 of 78724
Damn, Steekjes. I use the other editor because I can't stand the so-called WYSIWYG editor, and had to use hex code!
post #45419 of 78724
Quote:

Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Fantastic sleeves on yours, Clag, where's it from?

 

 

Oxxford. I really like the shoulders on it.

 

I'm having a hard time in general with both that pocketsquare (herringbone wool) and that tie.

post #45420 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

Damn, Steekjes. I use the other editor because I can't stand the so-called WYSIWYG editor, and had to use hex code!

Can you hex sprezz?


126.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III