Double post somehow...
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3026
Styleforum Top Pickspost #45377 of 787242/14/13 at 7:56amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Sleeve length is fairly personal; you'll see a range of linen showing from nothing to almost an inch, and everything in between. Personally, I prefer sleeves to show a minimal sliver (near-zero) amount of cuff when standing normally, as that then results in a nice amount showing as you move around (as opposed to the opposite situation of most of the cuff being visible as soon as you move). Also, unless all your shirts are from the same maker, and made to the exact same measurements, there will naturally be variability in what actually shows when you get dressed in the morning on any given day. So take that into account. Having said all that, most guys here tend to go for about a quarter to a half inch showing, which is fine if you like that amount. Slimmer, shorter suits tend to take a shorter sleeve more easily, as it goes well with shorter length of the jacket and the less trouser break. FWIW, I'd say that the sleeve length in the pic makes sense for that suit & the overall style choices being made.
Thanks for the informed opinion, Holdfast. I realy appreciate your taking the time.
You're better than that anyway, Spoo.post #45378 of 787242/14/13 at 7:57ampost #45379 of 787242/14/13 at 8:00ampost #45380 of 787242/14/13 at 8:08ampost #45381 of 787242/14/13 at 8:24ampost #45382 of 787242/14/13 at 8:25ampost #45383 of 787242/14/13 at 8:25amQuote:
Pardon me while I wipe the drool off the corner of my mouth. Those are stuff of legend.
Here's my Valentine's Day edition. I'm sure you're all very sick of this damn SC, but more are coming very soon.
post #45384 of 787242/14/13 at 8:37ampost #45385 of 787242/14/13 at 8:51ampost #45386 of 787242/14/13 at 8:53ampost #45387 of 787242/14/13 at 8:57ampost #45388 of 787242/14/13 at 9:13ampost #45389 of 787242/14/13 at 9:20ampost #45390 of 787242/14/13 at 9:23am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › MTM Shirt Fit - Please Critique 3 minutes ago
- › Dress shirt and shoes with denim? 4 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › Believing That My Ex is The Only One in The World For Me 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Riding boots for men in town 8 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 13 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)