or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3024

post #45346 of 75953
hopefully less visually offensive than the last pics i posted LOL (the jacket doesnt bunch up like that on my side normally, i think its from when i was taking the pic.)

fit for the day

100% cashmere belvest s/c
PRL dress shirt
Paul Smith wool tie
Unknown wool tweed trousers
Churchs Diplomats
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #45347 of 75953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian View Post

Best dressed public school teacher in the known universe.

I like the fit of that SC - did you do anything different or is that your standard cut?

Thanks man...jacket is my standard Ercoles...in fact, its one of the older ones.
post #45348 of 75953
Quote:
Originally Posted by YRR92 View Post

Thanks for the feedback. May I ask what you don't like about the colors? The shirt is jersey, and long-sleeved -- I wouldn't have done this with a short-sleeve/pique polo.

Sure thing. Pairing polo or rugby shirts with sport coats or blazers I think only works (1) with very casual jackets (yours is too constructed and clean, and also sports a pocket square, further upping its formality), and (2) on the proviso that the shirt and the jacket be kindred spirits (your rugby shirt is, IMO, too summery in spirit to go with the autumnal tweed coat). Here's an example of a successful blazer and polo shirt combo:



(I would have ditched the hanky, but oh well ...)


Regarding the colors, while I don't dislike them individually, I think they are too uniform and too low-contrast, lending the outfit a drab cast.
post #45349 of 75953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian View Post

Best dressed public school teacher in the known universe.

without question.
post #45350 of 75953
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


Busy week...

Stress

Sucks that ur so busy and stressed now.
post #45351 of 75953
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Busy week.

Vintage
Kiton shirt
Attolini tie
Bergdorf Goodman PS
Creed Royal Scottish Lavender
Unseen:
J. Crizzle Bowery pant in khaki
Tods chocolate suede chukka boot
Stress

Spoo, dare I say it, but this could almost go in the Good Taste thread. Well done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian View Post

Best dressed public school teacher in the known universe.

That's the truth. Well done, NYR. You always perfectly nail just the right amount of dressed up for a teacher.
post #45352 of 75953
Quote:
Originally Posted by inlandisland View Post

Sucks that ur so busy and stressed now.

The week is stressful, but hey, thats life. Im happy I am busy though. Idle hands...
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

Spoo, dare I say it, but this could almost go in the Good Taste thread. Well done!

I heard about that thread. I would never post there.
post #45353 of 75953
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

The week is stressful, but hey, thats life. Im happy I am busy though. Idle hands...

...buy fun things
Quote:
I heard about that thread. I would never post there.

but you already did iirc. smile.gif
post #45354 of 75953
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

but you already did iirc. smile.gif

Once, post 482. We all leave skidmarks sometimes.
post #45355 of 75953
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Once, post 482. We all leave skidmarks sometimes.

now now. dont be so harsh on yourself.
post #45356 of 75953
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Once, post 482. We all leave skidmarks sometimes.

one post is enough to make you not wanna post there again. wink.gif
post #45357 of 75953
Some of us have a masochistic streak.
post #45358 of 75953
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Once, post 482. We all leave skidmarks sometimes.

Honey badger.
post #45359 of 75953
Quote:
Originally Posted by csoukoulis View Post

hopefully less visually offensive than the last pics i posted LOL (the jacket doesnt bunch up like that on my side normally, i think its from when i was taking the pic.)

fit for the day

100% cashmere belvest s/c
PRL dress shirt
Paul Smith wool tie
Unknown wool tweed trousers
Churchs Diplomats
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

I like this a lot better, but I would have shied away from a white shirt. I tend to find myself using white shirts more and more for business appropriate suits and nothing else. I think an off white would have looked fine, but a pale blue oxford would have been even better. I can't tell what color the tie is, green?

post #45360 of 75953
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Busy week.

Vintage
Kiton shirt
Attolini tie
Bergdorf Goodman PS
Creed Royal Scottish Lavender
Unseen:
J. Crizzle Bowery pant in khaki
Tods chocolate suede chukka boot
Stress

One of my favorites from you. You should be stressed more often. devil.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III