or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3021  

post #45301 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post




Hope you don't mind me pulling the image link out so I could embed it inline, David. I really dig this outfit, and felt it deserves to also be seen by those too lazy to click your original twitter link. It's also given me a couple of new ideas for outfits using the new mustardy-yellow cords I got recently. Yours are little more towards a burnt-orangey, I think? Very cool.

Thanks for doing so I couldn't quite figure out how to do it on the iphone. They are a bit burnt orange but they have a lot of yellow in there. Bright cords, moleskins and cavalry twills are great for building outfits, you don't see it much in New York.
post #45302 of 78721


post #45303 of 78721
post #45304 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post


Caustic, I'm not sure I understand the issue you have with the trousers. I've never heard contrast between shirt and trousers mentioned as relevant to anything, let alone as a problem. Can you elaborate?

 

My fault for being vague. I didn't have a problem with the contrast between trousers and shirt, but rather shirt with everything else. My issue with the trousers was more that it seems greenish, but as I think about it I guess it might just be my screen. Makes it look kind of muddled with that jacket. However if they are gray then I rescind my objection.

post #45305 of 78721

 

Stitchy, what is it with you and stripey shirts? Anyway, this all works today I think - although I feel that a stripe somehow works better with a city suit than separates.  Just me maybe.  It's all very straight CM, are you'hoping someone is going to buy a really expensive watch off you today?  You've even attacked your fearsome neck hair.  Just one thing: no PS?  I think maybe because you've gone so clean and classic today, right down to the black wingtips, that you could use the lift of a fancy gay PS to express a little personality.  In the mean time, I'd buy a watch off you.  If you maybe lent me the money.  But still.

 

By the way, you might want to re-think the second spoiler tag: if it's making a mess of your pants, it's not just wind.uhoh.gif

post #45306 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Just one thing: no PS?

 

lol8[1].gif

post #45307 of 78721
^^ nod[1].gif ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Stitchy, what is it with you and stripey shirts? Anyway, this all works today I think - although I feel that a stripe somehow works better with a city suit than separates.  Just me maybe.  It's all very straight CM, are you'hoping someone is going to buy a really expensive watch off you today?  You've even attacked your fearsome neck hair.  Just one thing: no PS?  I think maybe because you've gone so clean and classic today, right down to the black wingtips, that you could use the lift of a fancy gay PS to express a little personality.  In the mean time, I'd buy a watch off you.  If you maybe lent me the money.  But still.

By the way, you might want to re-think the second spoiler tag: if it's making a mess of your pants, it's not just wind.uhoh.gif

thanks, mimo.

lol, i like striped shirts. i hope people buy expensive things from me, everyday!

i dont do PSs at present. mebbe one day.
post #45308 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 

 

Estitches, the shirt is brown or something like that? I like it!

post #45309 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

Estitches, the shirt is brown or something like that? I like it!

thanks. yes, its a brown stripe with a super thin, faint blue stripe, in the middle of the brown. its really cool.
post #45310 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


thanks. yes, its a brown stripe with a super thin, faint blue stripe, in the middle of the brown. its really cool.

 

I want one of those. biggrin.gif

 

post #45311 of 78721
77F3FA4E-9A55-4C70-A768-B7D2A34E8835-1747-000000DFA9AB1F14_zpsa9ae6a77.jpg

Indigo Angora Jacket, Ivory Moleskins, Brown/Cream Bi Colour Knit tie, Brown Tassle loafers.
post #45312 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

I want one of those. biggrin.gif




lol8[1].gif

isaia. mebbe you can see if there are more out there? i got it from think_derm, nwt. mebbe he can get more?
post #45313 of 78721
post #45314 of 78721
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilacCords View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

77F3FA4E-9A55-4C70-A768-B7D2A34E8835-1747-000000DFA9AB1F14_zpsa9ae6a77.jpg

 



Indigo Angora Jacket, Ivory Moleskins, Brown/Cream Bi Colour Knit tie, Brown Tassle loafers.

 

 Looks good- sorry I should've multi-posted.

post #45315 of 78721
I think this doesn't really work, but I'm not sure why. Is it the blue shirt with the camel SC, or is it that the tie and SC are too matchy texture-wise?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III