thanks, shugz. although i agree with errone that solid blue would be better, id be lying if i said i dont think it looks good as is.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 12/2/13 at 4:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3017
Styleforum Top Picks
My "fuck you red" tie, worn in part for Monday and in part because I haven't been wearing Thomas Pink much since joining SF.
An occasional deliberately leery look can be a fun; I like this one in that spirit.
Overall though, I actually prefer your more recent fit. Good way to use that jacket.
Source of the bowtie please? It has a nice width & shape to it.
I think both the fit and the colours are difficult in this look. The trousers look too snug (even for a slim look) & the jacket looks tight. Also, they're a similar colour, which makes them difficult to pair together despite the jacket's pattern. The tie would be fine with the jacket, if the trousers were darker, I think. As it is, it's too dark.
Much too much green, and not a particularly pleasing green at that. Different (complementary rather than matching) shirt & tie next time you wear this outfit, would be my advice.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Darker trousers needed here, to contrast more in tone/brightness (not sure of exact correct word) vs the jacket, IMO. Different colour alone isn't enough here. Along the same lines, the tie may be a different colour, but again it's the same sort of tone so the different colour comes across as confusing rather than complementary. Imagine this look with a dark forest green tie and really dark (or I suppose, very pale) trousers (or even dark denim) and I think it would pull together much better.
Imagine desaturating the image of all colour and turning into a black & white image. I don't know for certain but I bet that all the colours will appear quite similar. That's a very tricky look to pull off once the varying colours are restored (unless they're all the same colour eg. navy suit & tie with white or pale blue shirt, for an extreme example).
tl;dr version: needs more contrast (or fewer colours).
Cool. Would love it even more with flap or slanted pockets, but great anyway.
RJE - thx for the useful feedback; your recent fit is very good.
Slightly darker tie would have worked better today, but oh well...
I would not care what I am wearing if I have such a beautiful company, both looking very sharp!
Sounds unusually serious from you! :)
FWIW, nothing I posted was said with any deliberate "side"; purely my off-the-cuff thoughts, to take or leave as you prefer, in line with all the other occasional comments I post to others in this thread. I wouldn't take it particularly seriously.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 1 minute ago
- › When you cant button your shirts all the way. 2 minutes ago
- › JM Weston Opinions 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 10 minutes ago
- › NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw