Not grey,(non-hard science coming->) but I can see how somebody might perceive it (or refer to it) as grey.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 2/18/14 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3016
Styleforum Top Picks
first off, do it. hobers are the bomb.
i think the grenadines are 80, and its like an extra 30 for 6 fold. i not sure i would go 6 fold on the grossa though, that would be a really thick tie, would think it would certainly have to be unlined. ask david.
Agreed, would be very thick. I don't have a Hober grenadine, but I do have a Kent Wang grenadine, which is just a normal 3-fold, and it's already a bit thicker than I'd like. I can't imagine someone making one 6-fold.
Would you guys recommend unlined with rolled edges on a grenadine?
Claghorn: This is my favorite of your looks -- I kind of like the (to me) slightly counterintuitive pairing of the grenadine tie and spread collar shirt with the jacket. It's a kind of cool variation on the slightly more obvious knit/OCBD combo. I think I like it because everything's so refined in texture, and because the colors are right for each other.
stitches: That jacket is really great -- a lovely cut, the kind of three-button that I really like -- and it looks great with that tie and those trousers. If you had R Diaz's or Claghorn's shirt, then you'd be knocking it out of the park.
Also, I like your socks.
i love it. it makes the tip of the tie kind of see through, and some think that is weird, but i think its awesome. and the rolled edge is DO. IT!
thanks. apparently i am an idiot for not going solid blue with this. will try again next week.
Thanks for the kind words! To make things weirder, the spread collared shirt is oxford cloth.
As far as folds on grenadines. The tie I'm wearing is a six fold fina (or picolla) from Panta and it's unlined. I'm waiting on an experimental tie from Hober which will be unlined picolla 4 fold. It'll be really delicate...I've got no idea how it'll drape, but it'll be interesting. Getting a second more traditional lined picolla grenadine as well.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Stitchy, I agree that the shirt is oversaturated, but I'd still give you one Graybeard™
I have a thinly lined, multifold, untipped grenadine and a traditionally lined, three-fold, self-tipped grenadine. I prefer the latter. Grenadines in particular do not seem to benefit from all of the iGent-treasured features.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › Advice needed on my wedding tuxedo! Please help 10 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 14 seconds ago
- › Lardini blazers and suits 24 seconds ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 33 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 51 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 2 minutes ago
- › Tax man cometh- Vass OEII in Black U-Last Size 44 2 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw