still it's a more casual and different touch, that isn't bad.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:52 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3014post #45196 of 787212/12/13 at 4:40am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #45197 of 787212/12/13 at 4:55amQuote:
Everything is way too matchy. First off, don't wear that shirt with, well, anything. Second, the tie matches the coat too much. Wear a light blue shirt and a different tie.post #45198 of 787212/12/13 at 4:57amQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
I really hope I can get 2-3 new ties next month... until then, you're gonna get tired of this one. I promise I won't post much anyways
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
RDiaz, this is great. You've been improving a lot--well done!
I feel you on the tiespost #45199 of 787212/12/13 at 5:00amQuote:
Agreed. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of the jacket. Not only is it too short, but it's too much like a suit jacket with that pattern and the slash pockets.post #45200 of 787212/12/13 at 5:54ampost #45201 of 787212/12/13 at 5:55ampost #45202 of 787212/12/13 at 6:05amQuote:
I actually like the shirt, but not with that jacket. For a graph check that large and bold, you need a dark complementary color to balance it - your impulse to cover most of the shirt with a navy V-neck sweater tries to bring things into balance. A navy blazer without the sweater would have done the same thing, IMHO, and allowed more of the shirt to show. (Conversely, the sweater could be simply there for insulation - form does occasionally follow function, even in these threads ).post #45203 of 787212/12/13 at 6:30ampost #45204 of 787212/12/13 at 6:40amQuote:
You look great today RDiaz!Quote:Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
Are you sure you don't mean un-tipped? Hard to see too well from here but it looks like there is hand-rolling on the bottom of the tie, which would mean it's un-tipped. Self tipped is whe the tie is still tipped, but in the same fabric as the tie (see below) and regular tipped is when it's made out of a different fabric, usually satin or something similar to save coin. Of course you may already know all this but I thought it could be a lost in translation moment. Great fit though, love the trousers.
Question from a Noob: Just what constitutes a good tie? I understand it's a very broad question but I've bought a few I thought look good from thrift stores so I could practice tying them. I've just bought a light and dark blue, a couple of red, a brown and a black tie.Quote:
I like the jacket and all around looks like a good fit. The pattern stuff the others mention is probably on the money.
UC: Impeccable as always!post #45205 of 787212/12/13 at 6:41ampost #45206 of 787212/12/13 at 6:49amBeen away for quite a while due to work overload. Things are slowly returning to a normal state here, which means most likely some more time for self-photos again. Full-body shot is a little fuzzy, still barley enough daylight here during the day for natural light shots.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)SC: vintage tweed
shirt: Gieves & Hawkes
cardigan & trousers: noname
shoes: Tricker'spost #45207 of 787212/12/13 at 7:07ampost #45208 of 787212/12/13 at 7:12amQuote:
pretty much this.
anden - i know its late, but i would have gone tieless. the tie was not bad, but i dont think it enhanced the fit. without would have made for a cool look imo.
rdiaz - great fit. yo can wear that tie everyday if you like, its great.post #45209 of 787212/12/13 at 7:24amQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
I actually like the shirt, but not with that jacket. For a graph check that large and bold, you need a dark complementary color to balance it - your impulse to cover most of the shirt with a navy V-neck sweater tries to bring things into balance. A navy blazer without the sweater would have done the same thing, IMHO, and allowed more of the shirt to show. (Conversely, the sweater could be simply there for insulation - form does occasionally follow function, even in these threads ).
Thanks U_C. That was what I had in mind, it is cold today, but I was trying to keep the shirt quieter. The other dirty secret was, I'm in class for 55 minutes and then the lab and committee meetings the rest of the day, so the tie was coming off. I thought I could swing the shirt with the jacket and no tie. Jacket pattern is pretty subtle IRL.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 1 second ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 1 minute ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 4 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 15 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...