Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:27 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 3010post #45136 of 787192/11/13 at 7:57am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #45137 of 787192/11/13 at 7:57ampost #45138 of 787192/11/13 at 8:00amQuote:
Fair enough. I think they're pretty cool. They aren't quite the ideal for plaid pants (those would be thicker and rougher, and fit a little better), but I still like 'em.post #45139 of 787192/11/13 at 8:02ampost #45140 of 787192/11/13 at 8:04ampost #45141 of 787192/11/13 at 8:04am
Kind words. The PS was just stuffed in there this morning and has not been adjusted all day so it might be a bit crazy. I should probably have gone with another PS of another color for this jacket.
Thank you for the comment.Quote:Originally Posted by aravenel
Anden, this is nice, but that is some definite square fail going on there. Not only is the puff crazy, but it's too close to the color of the jacket. I say this out of love, because this has some real potential--it's a great fit outside of the square. Seriously, this is one of the better fits we've seen here lately, aside from that square.post #45142 of 787192/11/13 at 8:05ampost #45143 of 787192/11/13 at 8:06ampost #45144 of 787192/11/13 at 8:51amQuote:Quote:
Thanks, guys!post #45145 of 787192/11/13 at 9:26ampost #45146 of 787192/11/13 at 9:32amQuote:Originally Posted by aravenel
Anden, this is nice, but that is some definite square fail going on there. Not only is the puff crazy, but it's too close to the color of the jacket. I say this out of love, because this has some real potential--it's a great fit outside of the square. Seriously, this is one of the better fits we've seen here lately, aside from that square.
Totally disagree on the pocket square colour here. Yes its a bit volumunous but the colour is great. Stands out from the jacket but autumnally matches the greenpost #45147 of 787192/11/13 at 9:32am
Could just be my screen, but I'm not seeing much contrast between that jacket and those trousers at all. The difference in pattern and the similarity in color make it look like you threw together two different suits to try and make one. I'm not a fan of the tie and against that shirt it looks like a line on graph paper. I'm sorry that I don't have much positive to say, but the jacket seems to fit well!post #45148 of 787192/11/13 at 9:36amQuote:
FWIW, I think he did pretty well there. The only way to pull off patterned pants is to go quiet on everything else, and he did. I would have preferred the pants to be lighter than the jacket, though.post #45149 of 787192/11/13 at 9:42amQuote:
This is fair--if you're going to do them, this isn't too bad. But I don't think trousers this loud should be worn outside of madras in the summer on the shore It just feels... Upside down. The pattern draws the eye down towards the leg, instead of towards the face.Quote:
Agree to disagree--it's a brown PS on a brown jacket. Not a good combo. Which is a shame, because the rest of the fit (with the caveat that we can't see the trousers or shoes...) is great. Had this been a navy jacket, it *might* have worked.post #45150 of 787192/11/13 at 9:50amQuote:
I kinda agree on that. I'd rather wear loud pants in the summer. Overall, I like to go quite a bit louder in the summer
For example, I quite like this ensemble by Vox, though pants aren't loud at all, but it's a great example on how to wear patterned pents.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 33 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 39 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › 2016 Presidential Caucus and Primary Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...