or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2989  

post #44821 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by YRR92 View Post


Thanks for the feedback. The collar button was an impulse, and I wouldn't do it if I were more happy with the roll on the shirt. It's certainly a bit affected. Shoes are burgundy, coat is brown. They're noticeably different hues in real life, but they're both about the same saturation.

 

Crappy lighting strikes again! I can't win. lol

post #44822 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

gonna post this here cuz this gets the most views

there's a consulting case prep workshop held by a company that's also recruiting here. they said business casual. do i wear a suit and tie?

 

1.  Wear a non-matching jacket - and tie, but be prepared to take it off and hide it discreetly if your host isn't wearing one.

 

2.  If you're too lazy to put this in the "ask a question" thread, or use English grammar, maybe try McDonald's.

 

3.  Just kidding.  Good luck. :)

post #44823 of 78724
thanks
post #44824 of 78724
mimo - thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

gonna post this here cuz this gets the most views
there's a consulting case prep workshop held by a company that's also recruiting here. they said business casual. do i wear a suit and tie?

agree that a SC and trousers is the way to go. tie at the handy in case you need, but be prepared to ditch it.
post #44825 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

mimo - thanks!
agree that a SC and trousers is the way to go. tie at the handy in case you need, but be prepared to ditch it.

+1
post #44826 of 78724




Suit: MJ Bale
Shirt: Cottonwork
Tie: Henry Carter un-tipped 7 fold
PS: Henry Carter Irish linen (coming soon)
Shoes: Meermin
post #44827 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

mimo - thanks!
agree that a SC and trousers is the way to go. tie at the handy in case you need, but be prepared to ditch it.

Or consider a square-ended knit tie which takes the formality level a few notches down from a satin silk business-formal tie. It might provide the bridge from business to casual that you are looking for.
post #44828 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post

Okay, so a few of you are going to hate this suit. The fabric is a seriously FU heavy tweed (from Dashing tweeds). The cut is unapologetically British, with firm shoulders and a nipped waist. And it's a three-piece, with high-waisted trousers. I wish I could get a better picture because it's worth it, but I'm rarely at home when there's enough light to take a picture outside, plus there's a foot of snow on the ground right now anyway... so for now, you just get this. I love it and it's perfect for this weather.
melt your face tweed (Click to show)











That's intense.

Is that one of the reflective bicycle tweeds?
post #44829 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappelan View Post


That is just AWESOME! Details on Bow Tie

post #44830 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe View Post





Suit: MJ Bale
Shirt: Cottonwork
Tie: Henry Carter un-tipped 7 fold
PS: Henry Carter Irish linen (coming soon)
Shoes: Meermin

"CLEAN" Very Nice...

post #44831 of 78724

YRR92, something's really wrong with the way those trousers drape confused.gif

post #44832 of 78724
yjedyza5.jpg

a5y9esa2.jpg
post #44833 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

YRR92, something's really wrong with the way those trousers drape confused.gif


My thighs and seat are skinny -- even in proportion to my waist. I have a hard time finding pants that fit in the leg but don't have a really low rise.

 

In an ideal world, I'd be able to find trousers that just a touch looser than slim-fit Wranglers.

post #44834 of 78724
Acrid, that is looking stellar. That's also the craziest toilet I've ever seen.
post #44835 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedove View Post


That is just AWESOME! Details on Bow Tie

Thanks. If I remember right I bought it on The Tie Bar
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III