or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2983  

post #44731 of 78717

Thanks guys, the bow tie has already been retied smaller following viewing of the pictures!

post #44732 of 78717

 The bow tie is kinda drooping on each side which makes it look funny.

post #44733 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

I used to have a shirt like that (brown with grey/cream stripes?) and had the devil of a time co-ordinating it with anything, despite it looking pretty in and of itself. It's not formal, not truly casual, not daytime, not really night-time, not businessy, not totally relaxed. Ended up getting shot of it. Mine had a regular collar though; if yours is a button-down I suppose that helps matching a bit. FWIW, your combination is better than anything I ever came up with for mine.

thanks, HF. yes, i too am was very surprised at how difficult this shirt had proved to co-ordinate. i still really like it, but wish it was more versatile. also, the collar is not button-down on mine either.
post #44734 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

I used to have a shirt like that (brown with grey/cream stripes?) and had the devil of a time co-ordinating it with anything, despite it looking pretty in and of itself. It's not formal, not truly casual, not daytime, not really night-time, not businessy, not totally relaxed. Ended up getting shot of it. Mine had a regular collar though; if yours is a button-down I suppose that helps matching a bit. FWIW, your combination is better than anything I ever came up with for mine.

thanks, HF. yes, i too am was very surprised at how difficult this shirt had proved to co-ordinate. i still really like it, but wish it was more versatile. also, the collar is not button-down on mine either.

 

Towards the end, I just used mine with pale linen or cotton trousers in the summer, with a couple of buttons undone, and generally without a jacket.

post #44735 of 78717

I'm not sure I like so many "different but not too different" shades of brown, in stitches. The pants + shoes combo would specially benefit from a larger tonal separation IMO. Hard to judge from that pic, though.

post #44736 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

Towards the end, I just used mine with pale linen or cotton trousers in the summer, with a couple of buttons undone, and generally without a jacket.

yeah, it doesnt seem to work with SC, edmorel even warned me of that right when i got it. sweater is ok, or in this case, a quilted coat. but outside of that, casual with casual pants i think is a good way to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

I'm not sure I like so many "different but not too different" shades of brown, in stitches. The pants + shoes combo would specially benefit from a larger tonal separation IMO. Hard to judge from that pic, though.

here you go. smile.gif

also, the pants are quit a bit lighter than the shirt. lighting did not show that. frown.gif

post #44737 of 78717

^ Yup, I'd definately pair a darker suede with those pents smile.gif

post #44738 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

^ Yup, I'd definately pair a darker suede with those pents smile.gif

even that pic is not great, the sun on the pants makes them seem lighter, they are more of a brownish olive. but anyways, yes, they are fairly close in color.

anywho, there are my only suede dress shoes. you wanna fund me a nice pair of chocolate suede carminas? id like double monks, simpson last please.

thanks!
post #44739 of 78717
post #44740 of 78717
.
post #44741 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


yeah, it doesnt seem to work with SC, edmorel even warned me of that right when i got it. sweater is ok, or in this case, a quilted coat. but outside of that, casual with casual pants i think is a good way to go.
here you go. smile.gif

also, the pants are quit a bit lighter than the shirt. lighting did not show that. frown.gif


I would compare this to Groundhog and Shadow Day, you are saying Spring is on the way -- and I love it!  I do think a Do-Do Brown Suede w/ those socks would be the Shit...

post #44742 of 78717


Monday again...
post #44743 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivar View Post


Not really a fan of the outfit as a whole (especially the fugly pants), but that sport coat is right up my alley. For once, a buttoning point that sits exactly where it should!

Thank you. I need better cords, I reckon.

post #44744 of 78717
stitches, if you don't have darker suede, there's always calf. the lighter suede will look great with your new light grey flannels smile.gif
just tryin' to be constructive. I would get you a darker pair, but then I wouldn't have any money for food tongue.gif
post #44745 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

stitches, if you don't have darker suede, there's always calf. the lighter suede will look great with your new light grey flannels smile.gif
just tryin' to be constructive. I would get you a darker pair, but then I wouldn't have any money for food tongue.gif

yes true, but i like suede with these. and yes, they will great with the light gray too. smile.gif

thanks, im a similar boat. frown.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III