Well here they come! Wrong shoes, trousers have 2 much break (lil long), Jacket is 2 tight and Tie n PS is all wrong -- Nice Hat!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2981post #44701 of 787222/3/13 at 2:54pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #44702 of 787222/3/13 at 3:01pmpost #44703 of 787222/3/13 at 3:15pmpost #44704 of 787222/3/13 at 4:18pmQuote:
I'm a Cardiff supporter. Trust me, such a collapse is possible.Quote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
I also vaguely follow my local - much lower division - side; on a good day, they also try to play some proper football and move it about, using pace to create openings. I like that attitude to the game. They're even more inconsistent than Arsenal at the moment though, lol. I wouldn't say I'm a massive footy fan by any means, but I do enjoy the odd game here & there and vaguely follow the game. There's a few SFers in that boat IIRC. For example, NewYorkIslander will argue with you re: City!
Some of us are a tad nuttier than that, as well. :wave:post #44705 of 787222/3/13 at 4:26pmpost #44706 of 787222/3/13 at 5:41pm
IF you are going to leave the top button unbuttoned (and I'm going to be one of the few around here who will even allow for the possibility that you wouldn't, much less endorse it), you need to at least make an effort to roll your lapel over it. I think that is probably a jacket that is best with the top button fastened...notice how the lapels end well before reaching the button.post #44707 of 787222/3/13 at 6:01pmI think you can un do the top button of a true 3 button quite successfully, the English have done this quite well in the past. The problem here is the waist of he coat is too tight, which is causing pulling at the middle button and splaying on the top button. The knit tie with is wrong with this dark (charcoal?) pinstripe suit, and I'm not sure if the shirt is cream or white but it looks very washed out.
It could be improved fairly easily in saying all that, by improving the coat fit, shortening the trousers slightly, a light blue spread collar shirt, darker tie (burgundy grenadine or twill) and black oxfords, or if you have to wear suede the darkest brown you can find.post #44708 of 787222/3/13 at 6:53pmpost #44709 of 787222/3/13 at 6:54pmpost #44710 of 787222/3/13 at 9:40pmpost #44711 of 787222/3/13 at 10:30pmpost #44712 of 787222/3/13 at 10:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by StyleforumRobot
When I was compiling today's frontpage story, I was disheartened to see that not a single recent look in this thread qualified for inclusion.
Check the good taste thread.post #44713 of 787222/4/13 at 12:08am
More blurry goodness for you, Claggy - three buttons could go either way IMHOpost #44714 of 787222/4/13 at 2:55ampost #44715 of 787222/4/13 at 3:33am
Nice Mr Diaz; you have such a consistent style; I really like it. That jacket has such a nice texture. If I'm really picky, I find a striped shirt like that a bit "city" for a heavier jacket, especially one with patch pockets, but really I'm just looking for faults. The tones and the contrasts of tie and PS are really excellent IMO. You're one of my favourite posters on here - very distinctive and always tasteful.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Alden x Epaulet Alpine Grain Taunton Boots - 8.5D - WORN ONCE 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › Nike Free 5.0 V2 Essex Black White Silver Men's Size UK 6~9 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Roshe Run Junior en Violet-Rose Fluo et Taille Eu 36 Femme 8 minutes ago
- › Essential shoe purchases - Advice? 11 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 13 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 16 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...