Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2974post #44596 of 787192/1/13 at 7:58am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #44597 of 787192/1/13 at 8:10ampost #44598 of 787192/1/13 at 8:11ampost #44599 of 787192/1/13 at 8:20ampost #44600 of 787192/1/13 at 8:30ampost #44601 of 787192/1/13 at 8:32ampost #44602 of 787192/1/13 at 8:43ampost #44603 of 787192/1/13 at 8:46amQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
Playing with my "new toys" again - the suit and the shoes.
Suit & shoes - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - BB
Cufflinks - Benson & Clegg, London
PS - source unknown
Overcoat - BB
Scarf - Hickey freeman
Hat - Selentino
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice shoes! Good shine toopost #44604 of 787192/1/13 at 8:50ampost #44605 of 787192/1/13 at 9:24ampost #44606 of 787192/1/13 at 9:27ampost #44607 of 787192/1/13 at 9:33ampost #44608 of 787192/1/13 at 9:36am
You seem a very pleasant individual, Stitchy, and your garb today is inoffensive in itself. But I am against the invasion of cardigans, short coats and...ugh...I can't even utter the word...the "French fabric" beloved of labourers....that NOBD was wearing.
Classic menswear. Casual in this context = sports jackets and blazers instead of suits. Beyond that, and I think you have to cross to the "other place".
But it's Friday, I'm bored, and just having an intolerant outburst. It's nothing personal. Just get that knitwear and industrial twill out of my F***ING SIGHT!
Edit: HF's post above is perfect gentleman's casual in my book! Although if I'm nit-picking, the striped shirt is a bit "city" and the tie a bit shiny. I'd have loved to see a solid, softer shirt under there, and maybe a wool tie? Love that jacket though - perfect trousers and shoes too.post #44609 of 787192/1/13 at 9:38ampost #44610 of 787192/1/13 at 9:42am@HoldFast - i look forward to seeing the new threads. really like your SC and trou in todays fit. i think a solid shirt and a more subtle, less shiny, tie, would have maybe been a little better. but i know that is your steez, so dont even pay a brother no mind.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › APC New Standard size 30 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 4 minutes ago
- › BNWT Story et Fall Grey Suede Side Zips, 43 7 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?