Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:49 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2966post #44476 of 787211/30/13 at 8:55pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #44477 of 787211/30/13 at 9:03pmpost #44478 of 787211/30/13 at 9:08pm
Oh yeah, I definitely intend to. If had an infinite budget, I'd have the same staple jackets with a 2, 3r2 and a 3 just so I can wear what I want to suit (haha) my moods. I'm just trying to figure out if there is more than "it isn't in fashion" at play here. I get the uptightness (a nice juxtaposition with a country jacket imo). With bigger knots or wider ties, it'll diminish the presence of the shirt. Shorter or stouter people it'll look awkward because of all the cloth.
Basically, I get the subjective preference against it. Is their an "objective" (a la Foo) objection to it (other than those above)?post #44479 of 787211/30/13 at 9:15pmpost #44480 of 787211/30/13 at 9:25pmpost #44481 of 787211/30/13 at 10:07pmpost #44482 of 787211/30/13 at 10:46pm
clags is indeed known to like the hard 3.Quote:
lol, i always assumed it was just for the pics, to present the maximum amount of proper fit possible.post #44483 of 787211/30/13 at 10:50pmpost #44484 of 787211/30/13 at 11:54pmpost #44485 of 787211/31/13 at 12:01amQuote:
Thanks a lot guys, appreciate it
I received the suit yesterday and was very pleased. I had asked for a copy of a Corneliani suit except for the lapel and notch that are inspired from the measurements of a David Diagne MTM suit (9cm width and small-angle-notch inspired by CAMPS)post #44486 of 787211/31/13 at 12:01amQuote:
Claghorn considering everyone and their monkey has so much to say, I thought I would too, so....
IMHO This particular jacket looks much better with both buttons fastened than it would with just the middle one. If both are buttoned it portrays the idea of intention, with middle only it would look more like exasperation or can't be bothered, or don't care. Three buttons done, little miss priss.
IMHO Pocket Square, I would have gone with white linen with orange or brown edging, edges up and out.
IMHO Tie, whatever knot, but that knot to have more heft, slightly wider tie would have been better. Wider tie would of course also give the knot more length.
Example of tie knot. I am sure OP will not mind.
Example of PS fold.post #44487 of 787211/31/13 at 12:13ampost #44488 of 787211/31/13 at 12:23am
Of course, and Kent Wang boxers. But I didn't list them since they are not shown.
I think the biggest issue is simply that the buttoning point is too high. The 3Bs that HRH and Vox are wearing would look alright with the top buttoned, but your buttoning point is at least an inch higher than those. So regardless if you button yours or not, it looks unflattering since it makes the lapel too short and it looks like your torso is wrapped up like a sausage.post #44489 of 787211/31/13 at 2:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Citan1145
wearing jeans with a tie...(maybe not a good idea) but I already felt overdressed for the library even in the uppity west side suburbs of Detroit. I was going to wear a green and burgundy small print paisley silk square but chickened out...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This tie is perfect. Oh, those West Siders!!!!post #44490 of 787211/31/13 at 2:53amQuote:Originally Posted by Anden
I can´t decode whether I like the tie or not. It´s a kind of raw silk with a rough texture.
Let me have your thoughts.
Andreas Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I really like this tie. And, I think it would work, beautifully, with a dark navy blazer or suit.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › NEW Salvatore Ferragamo Shoes sz 11D 11 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) 3 minutes ago
- › Your SW&D Essentials? (CM's Free For All Help Thread) 6 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 10th of July: DTO Claghorn 7 minutes ago
- › NYC Meet-Up Tuesday, July 21st 7 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...