Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:34 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2966post #44476 of 787191/30/13 at 8:55pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #44477 of 787191/30/13 at 9:03pmpost #44478 of 787191/30/13 at 9:08pm
Oh yeah, I definitely intend to. If had an infinite budget, I'd have the same staple jackets with a 2, 3r2 and a 3 just so I can wear what I want to suit (haha) my moods. I'm just trying to figure out if there is more than "it isn't in fashion" at play here. I get the uptightness (a nice juxtaposition with a country jacket imo). With bigger knots or wider ties, it'll diminish the presence of the shirt. Shorter or stouter people it'll look awkward because of all the cloth.
Basically, I get the subjective preference against it. Is their an "objective" (a la Foo) objection to it (other than those above)?post #44479 of 787191/30/13 at 9:15pmpost #44480 of 787191/30/13 at 9:25pmpost #44481 of 787191/30/13 at 10:07pmpost #44482 of 787191/30/13 at 10:46pm
clags is indeed known to like the hard 3.Quote:
lol, i always assumed it was just for the pics, to present the maximum amount of proper fit possible.post #44483 of 787191/30/13 at 10:50pmpost #44484 of 787191/30/13 at 11:54pmpost #44485 of 787191/31/13 at 12:01amQuote:
Thanks a lot guys, appreciate it
I received the suit yesterday and was very pleased. I had asked for a copy of a Corneliani suit except for the lapel and notch that are inspired from the measurements of a David Diagne MTM suit (9cm width and small-angle-notch inspired by CAMPS)post #44486 of 787191/31/13 at 12:01amQuote:
Claghorn considering everyone and their monkey has so much to say, I thought I would too, so....
IMHO This particular jacket looks much better with both buttons fastened than it would with just the middle one. If both are buttoned it portrays the idea of intention, with middle only it would look more like exasperation or can't be bothered, or don't care. Three buttons done, little miss priss.
IMHO Pocket Square, I would have gone with white linen with orange or brown edging, edges up and out.
IMHO Tie, whatever knot, but that knot to have more heft, slightly wider tie would have been better. Wider tie would of course also give the knot more length.
Example of tie knot. I am sure OP will not mind.
Example of PS fold.post #44487 of 787191/31/13 at 12:13ampost #44488 of 787191/31/13 at 12:23am
Of course, and Kent Wang boxers. But I didn't list them since they are not shown.
I think the biggest issue is simply that the buttoning point is too high. The 3Bs that HRH and Vox are wearing would look alright with the top buttoned, but your buttoning point is at least an inch higher than those. So regardless if you button yours or not, it looks unflattering since it makes the lapel too short and it looks like your torso is wrapped up like a sausage.post #44489 of 787191/31/13 at 2:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Citan1145
wearing jeans with a tie...(maybe not a good idea) but I already felt overdressed for the library even in the uppity west side suburbs of Detroit. I was going to wear a green and burgundy small print paisley silk square but chickened out...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This tie is perfect. Oh, those West Siders!!!!post #44490 of 787191/31/13 at 2:53amQuote:Originally Posted by Anden
I can´t decode whether I like the tie or not. It´s a kind of raw silk with a rough texture.
Let me have your thoughts.
Andreas Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I really like this tie. And, I think it would work, beautifully, with a dark navy blazer or suit.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 5 minutes ago
- › Ordering custom Vibergs 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 11 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 15 minutes ago
- › Balmoral Boot Porn 19 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 23 minutes ago
- › Quintessential Knit Ties: Comprehensive Discussion & Appreciation 25 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Chelsea boots 11.5 H BNIB black calf perfect 26 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...