Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2965post #44461 of 787221/30/13 at 2:46pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #44462 of 787221/30/13 at 2:50pmpost #44463 of 787221/30/13 at 2:57pmQuote:
Doesn't look too 'matchy' on my screen - tones and saturation are quite distinct. Very nice job. Can you tell me the name of that suit fabric?post #44464 of 787221/30/13 at 3:36pmQuote:
Thanks! It is only the jacket, it's not the complete suit. Now the name of the fabric... I don't know... the label only says it's Virgin Wool. Sorry.post #44465 of 787221/30/13 at 3:49pmpost #44466 of 787221/30/13 at 4:56pmDay 3 of injured back text post :
Adidas "Firebird" pants in navy with light blue stripe
Authentic ratty college shirt
Loro Piana 100% cashmere leopard print robe
Versace 100% cashmere socks
J. Crew suede scuffs
Fistful of Tramodolpost #44467 of 787221/30/13 at 5:03pmpost #44468 of 787221/30/13 at 5:23pmQuote:
Deets on the tramadol?
Seriously though, glad you're getting better.post #44469 of 787221/30/13 at 5:27pmQuote:
Alas, poor Spoo-meister - do get better soon!post #44470 of 787221/30/13 at 5:41pmpost #44471 of 787221/30/13 at 6:49pmpost #44472 of 787221/30/13 at 6:53pmpost #44473 of 787221/30/13 at 7:01pmpost #44474 of 787221/30/13 at 7:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ianiceman
Why always this?
It's clearly a hard three. As much as many/most people on here may decry the fastening of the top button on a three button jacket, especially if the lapel rolls low, what looks much worse to my eye is the non-fastening of a top button when the lapel roll is clearly above the top button by some margin, as is the case here.
Jacket looks and fits well, Clags - keep on keepin' on!
I really don't understand everyone immediately responding with a "unbutton the top button." I know that it isn't in fashion right now, but it harkens back to 1960's England...which provided the look isn't outlandish...gives any fit credibility.
There are some jackets that I have a 3 roll 2...the lapel rolls enough naturally that I've had it lightly pressed into a 3r2. Other jackets have flat lapels and so I fasten the top button. I like the way it looks and it just looks sloppy otherwise.
I would really like to hear the aesthetic analysis behind avoiding that top button. It doesn't work for all body types, but I'm 6 feet with shoes and have the right torso shape.
Got linked to a solid post on the matter...but it didn't really get into any real detail. Here are a couple pictures from it that I found interesting.
Looks alright...just not a fan.
12 kinds of awesome.
Edited by Claghorn - 1/30/13 at 8:04pmpost #44475 of 787221/30/13 at 8:03pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 26 seconds ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 1 minute ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 1 minute ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Our Legacy 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...