I like this but the PS is not helping the outfit. I would also prefer a tighter knot. The tie is on the slim side for the lapels.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2963
Styleforum Top Pickspost #44432 of 787191/30/13 at 4:53amQuote:
Although I'm a fan of the light blue SF-standard, I've no issue with a white shirt, even with a country look: the overall effect then becomes a bit Edwardian - sturdy, but still rather formal. With your "hard three"*, that effect is even stronger. I like it, but agree with Anden: that PS doesn't really know what it's doing; try something interesting or keep the theme and give us a thin sliver of white linen. Also, this country-stiff look (I'm copyrighting that) needs a staid, manly tie knot. If there were ever a time for a HW...
*never mind - I've heard it's not such a big deal if your girlfriend is Asian...post #44433 of 787191/30/13 at 5:10amQuote:
I was on the fence about the PS. Was white linen at one point (definitely looked odd) and blue (a little better). Decided to go with the gray wool herringbone because...dunno...it felt like it would be in between the tie color and the shirt color. If I had had a creme silk I would've gone with that. Overall, I'm happy with my PS selection.
Not happy with the knot. That's from a line of SFA cashmeres that I always struggle with knotting. It is, however, a HW.post #44434 of 787191/30/13 at 6:02ampost #44435 of 787191/30/13 at 6:14ampost #44436 of 787191/30/13 at 7:48ampost #44437 of 787191/30/13 at 9:13ampost #44438 of 787191/30/13 at 9:26ampost #44439 of 787191/30/13 at 9:32ampost #44440 of 787191/30/13 at 9:34ampost #44441 of 787191/30/13 at 9:40amQuote:
Thanks. It seems like Baume & Mercier still has it in their collection but not sure about it.
This Raymond Weil is from old collections.post #44442 of 787191/30/13 at 9:49ampost #44443 of 787191/30/13 at 10:16ampost #44444 of 787191/30/13 at 10:27ampost #44445 of 787191/30/13 at 10:38am
Why always this?
It's clearly a hard three. As much as many/most people on here may decry the fastening of the top button on a three button jacket, especially if the lapel rolls low, what looks much worse to my eye is the non-fastening of a top button when the lapel roll is clearly above the top button by some margin, as is the case here.
Jacket looks and fits well, Clags - keep on keepin' on!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Cars We Drive! 20 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 42 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 11 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 11 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 14 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 14 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 14 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...