I like this but the PS is not helping the outfit. I would also prefer a tighter knot. The tie is on the slim side for the lapels.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:19 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 4:55 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2963
Styleforum Top Pickspost #44432 of 787211/30/13 at 4:53amQuote:
Although I'm a fan of the light blue SF-standard, I've no issue with a white shirt, even with a country look: the overall effect then becomes a bit Edwardian - sturdy, but still rather formal. With your "hard three"*, that effect is even stronger. I like it, but agree with Anden: that PS doesn't really know what it's doing; try something interesting or keep the theme and give us a thin sliver of white linen. Also, this country-stiff look (I'm copyrighting that) needs a staid, manly tie knot. If there were ever a time for a HW...
*never mind - I've heard it's not such a big deal if your girlfriend is Asian...post #44433 of 787211/30/13 at 5:10amQuote:
I was on the fence about the PS. Was white linen at one point (definitely looked odd) and blue (a little better). Decided to go with the gray wool herringbone because...dunno...it felt like it would be in between the tie color and the shirt color. If I had had a creme silk I would've gone with that. Overall, I'm happy with my PS selection.
Not happy with the knot. That's from a line of SFA cashmeres that I always struggle with knotting. It is, however, a HW.post #44434 of 787211/30/13 at 6:02ampost #44435 of 787211/30/13 at 6:14ampost #44436 of 787211/30/13 at 7:48ampost #44437 of 787211/30/13 at 9:13ampost #44438 of 787211/30/13 at 9:26ampost #44439 of 787211/30/13 at 9:32ampost #44440 of 787211/30/13 at 9:34ampost #44441 of 787211/30/13 at 9:40amQuote:
Thanks. It seems like Baume & Mercier still has it in their collection but not sure about it.
This Raymond Weil is from old collections.post #44442 of 787211/30/13 at 9:49ampost #44443 of 787211/30/13 at 10:16ampost #44444 of 787211/30/13 at 10:27ampost #44445 of 787211/30/13 at 10:38am
Why always this?
It's clearly a hard three. As much as many/most people on here may decry the fastening of the top button on a three button jacket, especially if the lapel rolls low, what looks much worse to my eye is the non-fastening of a top button when the lapel roll is clearly above the top button by some margin, as is the case here.
Jacket looks and fits well, Clags - keep on keepin' on!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 14 seconds ago
- › Lawless Denim & Co (Phoenix, Arizona) 37 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 1 minute ago
- › Bee keeping for the modern man 1 minute ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 1 minute ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Cotton Sweater Help? 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan