Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/9/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/17/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 12/2/13 at 4:49pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2961
Styleforum Top Picks
I didn't think the square was that great of an idea. I've been taking it out periodically, but my pocket just looks naked then.
I don't usually pair this tie with this shirt. The unseasonably warm weather gave me an excuse, but I think it's back to the blue neats and plain textured ties for this shirt.
FlaneurNYC: Thank you. What other square would you suggest?
SB: Yeah, I guess I should amend that statement (which was a little bit tongue-in-cheek): too dark for most of my other jackets. They were going to be my go-to gray pants, but I think a lighter pair would suit my olive tweed and the brown flannel I posted yesterday better -- but then those would be totally wrong for this jacket. I feel I haven't been thinking enough in terms of contrast between the jacket and trousers when I'm wearing a sportcoat. I pick colors that work together on a hanger, but I think I'd be better served by aiming for a contrast in saturation, rather than just hue.
I think hits the targets that I aim for, and his cerebral approach to dressing appeals to me, but as far as I'm concerned nobody's the final arbiter and nobody's right all the time. That goes double in the case of somebody who's developed a very particular, very limited style. Of course, it's easy to forget that...
Good point. No sense in it being a textured fabric if it takes an electron microscope to notice it.
You know, I'm having a hard time trying to match a tie with this shirt. I'm not that happy with the combo, but I don't own a tie that I actually like with this shirt. I have in mind what kind of tie could work well... (being not a solid tie) but I don't know how those are called.
Yeah, they're pretty pricey but a whole bunch of them was on sale during Drakes' annual sale a couple weeks ago.
Props to you for rising to the challenge, and putting your jpegs where your mouth is.
My only comments are that a solid colored shirt would be a more harmonious match for your tie - the pattern of your shirt is fighting a bit with your tie as shown. As for no socks with cap toe balmorals, that is a ridiculous affectation, but you do live in LA, the land of ridiculous affectations - it would be impossible not to be infected.
I never saw it as a challenge, but rather putting a little teeth in what I say.
As for my shirt pattern fighting with my tie, I don't find that to be the case at all, in fact, I find it to be quite harmonious. Stripes and small paisleys tend not to clash, so long as colors are not antagonistic. So I'm not sure where you got that idea from. Secondly, the sans-sock look is indeed an affectation, but so is most of what we wear. As long as it's executed sharply, most people would just swallow it and accept it as a fashionable quirk. Same can be said of your ridiculous three-piece get ups, adorned with pocket watches and collar bars, which look entirely anachronistic, unnecessary, and out of place in modern fashion. Nonetheless, I have not a bit of problem with it as long as it's executed with razor precision. Michael Alden from the London Lounge seems to have the right stuff for putting together classical ensembles with panache and flair. Unfortunately, you're no Michael Alden.
But that's alright because we're all here to learn.
Thanks, I'm glad you pointed that out. If you understand the elements of a proper fitting suit, you'll know what to look out for.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › 2013 College Football Thread 5 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 22 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 4 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 4 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 5 minutes ago
- › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and... 5 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw