or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2960  

post #44386 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

I've mentioned it before, but I'm not a fan of fuzzy tie + fuzzy jacket when they're separated by a businessy-looking shirt. It makes the tie look like an island, somehow. It needs a more casual shirt. Or something to reduce the expanse of relative formality of shirt (eg a v-neck jumper or cardigan). Otherwise, a still-matte but non-fuzzy tie works better IMO. A good example of this would be look stitchy posted today. Fuzzy jacket, flat shirt, and a tie that bridges the two without falling into either camp. I like that (& have quoted it below for reference).

 

 

The shirt is kind of a rough oxford weave. I don't know if that came through in the pictures, but would that still classify as businessy? Thanks for the tips, I will definitely try and figure out how I would like to implement those ideas!

post #44387 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

DerekS: That tie is just no.

inobroino.

I just hate that it gets no wear. grabbing at straws.

welp. ya win some you lose some. too much losing for me lately hahaha
post #44388 of 78722
HF - glad you liked. smile.gif

excellent summation post, btw.
post #44389 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

This is nice. I would have preferred some lighter trousers, but on the whole, quite nice.

Is the jacket grey or brown?

This outfit would be objectively better with lighter pants. The jacket is brownish. Maybe some green. I will have to ask someone who is not red/green colorblind.
post #44390 of 78722

I have learned in the last few days that these pants are too dark -- though they're right for this jacket, at least. Any and all feedback is, of course, welcome.

post #44391 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

I've mentioned it before, but I'm not a fan of fuzzy tie + fuzzy jacket when they're separated by a businessy-looking shirt. It makes the tie look like an island, somehow. It needs a more casual shirt. Or something to reduce the expanse of relative formality of shirt (eg a v-neck jumper or cardigan). Otherwise, a still-matte but non-fuzzy tie works better IMO. A good example of this would be look stitchy posted today. Fuzzy jacket, flat shirt, and a tie that bridges the two without falling into either camp. I like that (& have quoted it below for reference).

 

 

The shirt is kind of a rough oxford weave. I don't know if that came through in the pictures, but would that still classify as businessy? Thanks for the tips, I will definitely try and figure out how I would like to implement those ideas!

 

That would certainly solve the issue I mentioned, if indeed it actually comes across as that rougher oxford weave in person, to someone sitting across the table for you and not just from a few inches away.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

HF - glad you liked. smile.gif

excellent summation post, btw.

 

My pleasure, and I really did like your tie choice with today's fit a lot in terms of its texture/weave. It bridged the shirt & jacket materials very nicely. Mind you, if I was being ultra-picky, I'd suggest the same tie in a colour two notches darker, but it's certainly still pleasing as is. That's not damning with faint praise, by the way; I genuinely liked it.

post #44392 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by YRR92 View Post

I have learned in the last few days that these pants are too dark -- though they're right for this jacket, at least. Any and all feedback is, of course, welcome. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




That jacket is awesome!
post #44393 of 78722
^ I echo the sentiment... nice coat.

The white silk PS is a little out of place here.
post #44394 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

My pleasure, and I really did like your tie choice with today's fit a lot in terms of its texture/weave. It bridged the shirt & jacket materials very nicely. Mind you, if I was being ultra-picky, I'd suggest the same tie in a colour two notches darker, but it's certainly still pleasing as is. That's not damning with faint praise, by the way; I genuinely liked it.

shog[1].gif thanks!

i think this is the darkest navy tie i have though. smile.gif
post #44395 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by YRR92 View Post

I have learned in the last few days that these pants are too dark -- though they're right for this jacket, at least. Any and all feedback is, of course, welcome. Dark and lovely (Click to show)




I think it's clear that you learned no such thing because here you are, posting a picture of yourself in those "too dark" pants. You even assert that they're right for that jacket. My feedback: foo.gif is not the final arbiter...
post #44396 of 78722


I love the combination of olive green, brown, and blue.
post #44397 of 78722

Today. I think the pattern of the shirt, kinda matches with the one of the tie. But the tie has dots. 

 

 

post #44398 of 78722
Unseasonably warm in Atlanta today. I've been debating the square all day.

post #44399 of 78722

post #44400 of 78722
@Dewi Square is a fail. Then again I am not keen on the shirt and tie on their own either.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III