Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 8:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2958post #44356 of 787211/29/13 at 5:11am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #44357 of 787211/29/13 at 5:20ampost #44358 of 787211/29/13 at 5:26ampost #44359 of 787211/29/13 at 5:28amQuote:
Ah, I'm just messing. I think that bold stripe and cold tone on the shirt is too "city" for the jacket - solid twill or something might be nicer, I don't like that the PS and tie match so much, and I just plain don't like the tie either in colour or pattern, as a matter of my personal taste. Apart from that, I'm just being a dick because I'm bored. But I really do like that jacket, and you're a good sport.post #44360 of 787211/29/13 at 5:37amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
Ah, I'm just messing. I think that bold stripe and cold tone on the shirt is too "city" for the jacket - solid twill or something might be nicer, I don't like that the PS and tie match so much, and I just plain don't like the tie either in colour or pattern, as a matter of my personal taste. Apart from that, I'm just being a dick because I'm bored. But I really do like that jacket, and you're a good sport.
I agree on all points. I guess i HOPED it worked better than i thought. I havent worn the tie in ages....and ive fallen into a habit of pairing the same shit together...so i try to force things to work that obviously dont.
And i think im a good sport because im easily as much of a dickhead as you.post #44361 of 787211/29/13 at 5:39ampost #44362 of 787211/29/13 at 6:09amQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
Props to you for rising to the challenge, and putting your jpegs where your mouth is.
My only comments are that a solid colored shirt would be a more harmonious match for your tie - the pattern of your shirt is fighting a bit with your tie as shown. As for no socks with cap toe balmorals, that is a ridiculous affectation, but you do live in LA, the land of ridiculous affectations - it would be impossible not to be infected.
It would be sweet if all such forum spats ended this well.
Welcome back, Mimo; bringing back the blur?post #44363 of 787211/29/13 at 6:12ampost #44364 of 787211/29/13 at 6:35ampost #44365 of 787211/29/13 at 6:37ampost #44366 of 787211/29/13 at 6:37ampost #44367 of 787211/29/13 at 6:38ampost #44368 of 787211/29/13 at 6:51ampost #44369 of 787211/29/13 at 7:06ampost #44370 of 787211/29/13 at 7:16am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Tellason Ladbrok Grove Slim Tapered 35 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 15 10 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 15 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 17 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...