Great, thanks. The unironed shirt and the square are both due to oversleeping this morning -- that's not an excuse, more an admission that I know better.. Can I ask what you think about the square? I sort of felt it was a bit too formal, but if there's something else too I'm more than curious. I'm thinking I might be able to make the cords look okay if I iron in a crease, but maybe not.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:31 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2956post #44326 of 787171/28/13 at 8:09pmQuote:post #44327 of 787171/28/13 at 8:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
Couple of thoughts:
a) I followed the link. AAAC has a lot less "Does this fit look ok?" posts than we do. This makes me sad.
b) oh shit, crust took off his gloves
c) and benjamin responded with a great fit
I'm nowhere near the worlds greatest poster, but I really could do with less "does this look ok?" posts...
why does a) make you sad? This is for learning, not just virtual blowjobs, no?
b) - yes, possibly because that link was almost entirely shots of him.
c) - yes.post #44328 of 787171/28/13 at 8:47pmpost #44329 of 787171/28/13 at 8:49pmmcarthur - well, I guess you're new to me. Welcome over from AAAC. Don't take this the wrong way but I can't say I like some elements of your style... The hats, shell shoes, cord/moleskin, eh, it's ok, but man do you have a collection of ugly shapeless sweaters! That one above, it's just, phew.... anyway, welcome
MrDaniels - Love the tie, who's the maker please? (hoping it's still available)
Benjamin - nice fit and color/pattern play. Tiny critique, I don't like the shirt pocket, particularly that it's so low and your pants are so high, it just looks a bit 'dumpy' to me
YRR92 - PS is too shiny/formal for an otherwise rustic fit, plus the color palette is off. You've got earthtones and then a blue pop, I would have gone with something like burgundy or orange, etc. and yes, your pants are too short. I wish we'd start moving back to the 'it's ok to have a single break' line of thinking. Too many guys are so paranoid about going 'no break' that they end up with pants that are just plain too short, and especially if they're not slim pants the the hems just flap around.post #44330 of 787171/28/13 at 8:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Master-Classter
YRR92 - PS is too shiny/formal for an otherwise rustic fit, plus the color palette is off. You've got earthtones and then a blue pop, I would have gone with something like burgundy or orange, etc. and yes, your pants are too short. I wish we'd start moving back to the 'it's ok to have a single break' line of thinking. Too many guys are so paranoid about going 'no break' that they end up with pants that are just plain too short, and especially if they're not slim pants the the hems just flap around.
Yeah, I guess I was thinking the navy worked because it's the color of the trousers. Burgundy or orange wouldn't have occured to me, but it's a good idea. How about something with some green, gold, burgundy, and navy? I have something that fits that bill. I kind of agree with you about single breaks, too -- having given it a shot recently, I think that's what I want on all my trousers going forward.post #44331 of 787171/28/13 at 8:57pmpost #44332 of 787171/28/13 at 8:59pmQuote:
I see WAYWRN as a source of inspiration and I've not been inspired much lately.
That being said, there also isn't anything wrong with helping people (myself included). It's just that when there are many people needing a lot of help/guidance that I fear the thread starts to hurt...especially if better posters get chased away (and I think they do) by it.
And we can get virtual blowjobs here? I see it more of amateur sartorial pornography (the x-tube of tailoring, if you will).post #44333 of 787171/28/13 at 9:06pm
This outfit doesn't really work, and all the individual pieces pieces look a bit shit, but the silhouette and fit of the sport jacket is actually very good. Never mind that it's not the world's best looking jacket, at least now you know what your future jackets should look like when you look yourself in the mirror.post #44334 of 787171/28/13 at 10:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by YRR92
Look at me, setting up my tripod -- still taking a semi-lousy picture. No-name brown flannel (It feels like camel hair, but IDK) jacket with patch & flap pockets. LE tatersall shirt, blue cords from some mall brand, burg longwings. Pants a little short. Does the square work? I'd like a second opinion on the jacket fit, as well.
It's a 5cm problem, so you are only that far away from a decent fit.
The button stance on the jacket is 5cm too high [maybe just 2.5cm; since one picture doesn't tell all the story]. Good luck with finding a lower button stance cut, since much RTW and MTM comes this way.
The rise of the trousers is 5cm too low, for sure.
The hem of the trousers is 5cm too short, again, maybe less.
The pocket square I have less of a problem with than the overall fit, although the same idea in purple or red might have been nice. But then, I like bold ps when there is no tie. Kind of a poorman's boutonnière.
The effect that I believe looks best is when trouser waistband and jacket buttonstance rendezvous at the natural waistline,.
Cheers!post #44335 of 787171/28/13 at 10:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by benjamin831
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And to quote another long-time poster no longer posting here, mbreinin - "Shut the fuck up." And from a long time poster that still posts here, benjamin831 - "post better fits."
This is in very good taste and very well executed, although I'm sure some may complain about the lack of socks. Well done and it is a pity you do not post more.post #44336 of 787171/28/13 at 11:13pmQuote:
Yep, it's Hober madder; one of my favourite ties. Braces by DrakesQuote:
The fit is spot on, trust meQuote:
Thanks, I have no idea too. Sometimes I like to have oatmeal for breakfast, other times I like to go sockless.Quote:
It is a bit dumpy. It's my high-rise trousers made for braces. It's better than wearing braces with low-rise trousers. That's just plain wrong.Quote:
Thanks, unfortunately I almost never wear tailored clothing. I have a small, albeit proud, dress wardrobe thus the amount of fits I could muster up is severely limited.post #44337 of 787171/28/13 at 11:15pmpost #44338 of 787171/28/13 at 11:30pmpost #44339 of 787171/28/13 at 11:35pmQuote:
You know what, I was thinking the same about the knot, but this tie is so frustrating. It's at that in between thickness where a FIH looks tiny but a half windsor looks too big. Maybe a double FIH would have been better. Yes, the pants are cotton.post #44340 of 787171/28/13 at 11:45pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Sartoria Formosa Grey Herringbone Wool Flannel Suits 48R 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 5 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 6 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding