You're right, the PS doesn't coordinate well with the towel.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:06 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2953post #44282 of 787171/28/13 at 1:04pmpost #44283 of 787171/28/13 at 1:08pmpost #44284 of 787171/28/13 at 1:17pmpost #44285 of 787171/28/13 at 1:33pmpost #44286 of 787171/28/13 at 1:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Enthusiasm
I struggled to leave the court after the weekend, but duty, or rather mandatory attendance, called me back to school.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Tie - Drake'sWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Shirt - Eton
Cardigan - Gant
Manchester trousers - Charles Tyrwhitt
Belt - Italigente
Socks - Falke
Shoes - Loake
Scarf - Johnston's
Gloves - Hestra
Coat - Zara
Bag - FilsonI'm generally not a fan of such tie patterns, but you just threw my world view out the window, Mr. Guy. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I've got the same scarf, really a go-to scarf for almost everything.
Would prefer a darker sweater here, or a darker complexion (in i solariet med dig!).post #44287 of 787171/28/13 at 1:51pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by aravenelQuote:
Not sure I could comment on a lot of his jackets, but I definitely think this one at the least would benefit from more open quarters.
The combo is quite nice though.
It's hard to see in the pic, but one of the things that makes me think it needs to be let out a bit is that it's hinging on the button. Fixing it should open up the fronts a bit. I agree that some of my other jackets are too closed, but that's largely how they were cut. Small-timers such as myself sometimes need to compromise on certain aspects in order to get fit and other desired elements.post #44288 of 787171/28/13 at 1:52pmpost #44289 of 787171/28/13 at 1:53pmpost #44290 of 787171/28/13 at 1:59pmpost #44291 of 787171/28/13 at 2:07pmpost #44292 of 787171/28/13 at 2:09pmpost #44293 of 787171/28/13 at 2:10pmQuote:
That it is, Herr Huvud!
Truth be told, I've never really taken my own complexion into consideration in regards to clothing. This is of course unfortunate, and I will have to delve deeper and learn what works and not for me from now on. As to taking a trip to the solarium, I'd rather wait for the clay court season for my share of vitamin D. I appreciate the criticism!
Enthusiasmpost #44294 of 787171/28/13 at 2:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by CousinDonuts
I disagree with this comment. If anything, I noticed that the right shoulder overhangs a smidge. So the younger brother has one wider shoulder? I don't think the length is bad. In a super conservative/classical sense, maybe. But for a casual jacket, the length is modern. How open the quarters are is a taste preference in my mind. Perhaps these being so open and showing the sweater makes it appear smaller.
I understand. So, no for shoulder fit and fit across his hips? I would agree.
I think the open front quarters may be a symptom that is mirrored by an open vent in the back, although we cannot see it. For someone that appears to have relatively wide hips, a "modern length" may not work if the jacket isn't ventless and his bum properly covered by the less than fashionable length.
This potential and unvisualized problem is the possible outcome of following modern fashion, when one should maintain a certain less fashionable style for best effect.
Overall, a less fitted sack type cut would probably look better,
The visible sweater is probably a partial effect of wearing trousers with too low of a rise, another modern fashion that few can use to positive effect. This almost never looks good when combined with a blazer or sports jacket that will be buttoned at some point or standard length waistcoat/vest cut for a higher rise; i.e., no one should see your sweater, longer than standard waistcoat, shirt or belt buckle when the jacket is buttoned. Is a ridiculous look and you might as well unzip your fly to complete the effect.
Within the context of a wintertime evening casual dinner where the plan is then drinks with the boys in what I remember as NYC, this outfit from blazer to khakis, just doesn't work for me..
It looks to be summer daywear that is being stretched into a cool early evening or waterfront event or with the addition of a sweater and has the added limitation of being acceptable within a narrow construct of what might otherwise be termed preppy. The pocket silk pocket square gives rise to the idea that this outfit is to impress someone other than the guys. Hence, my "Chip" and librarian cracks, recognizing the use of a poorly fitted outfit suitable for a very different context, since even an ardent prep stylist would not wear such an outfit for the intended purpose of a wintertime casual evening dinner and pounding drinks with the boys in The City, at least not the ones I hang with.
Southstreet Seaport at 6pm early in June with Lauren for appetizers and drinks to be followed by drinking with the guys after taking Lauren back to her place for a more or less successful wrestling match on the her couch? Yeah, it works, but only if the outfit was properly fitted; i.e., not fashion forward.
Executive Summary: we agree the jacket looks as if was tailored for someone else with a completely different build.post #44295 of 787171/28/13 at 2:24pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Viberg Boots 35 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 4 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 5 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 7 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding