Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: Yesterday
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2953post #44281 of 787201/28/13 at 12:55pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #44282 of 787201/28/13 at 1:04pmpost #44283 of 787201/28/13 at 1:04pmpost #44284 of 787201/28/13 at 1:08pmpost #44285 of 787201/28/13 at 1:17pmpost #44286 of 787201/28/13 at 1:33pmpost #44287 of 787201/28/13 at 1:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Enthusiasm
I struggled to leave the court after the weekend, but duty, or rather mandatory attendance, called me back to school.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Tie - Drake'sWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Shirt - Eton
Cardigan - Gant
Manchester trousers - Charles Tyrwhitt
Belt - Italigente
Socks - Falke
Shoes - Loake
Scarf - Johnston's
Gloves - Hestra
Coat - Zara
Bag - FilsonI'm generally not a fan of such tie patterns, but you just threw my world view out the window, Mr. Guy. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I've got the same scarf, really a go-to scarf for almost everything.
Would prefer a darker sweater here, or a darker complexion (in i solariet med dig!).post #44288 of 787201/28/13 at 1:51pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by aravenelQuote:
Not sure I could comment on a lot of his jackets, but I definitely think this one at the least would benefit from more open quarters.
The combo is quite nice though.
It's hard to see in the pic, but one of the things that makes me think it needs to be let out a bit is that it's hinging on the button. Fixing it should open up the fronts a bit. I agree that some of my other jackets are too closed, but that's largely how they were cut. Small-timers such as myself sometimes need to compromise on certain aspects in order to get fit and other desired elements.post #44289 of 787201/28/13 at 1:52pmpost #44290 of 787201/28/13 at 1:53pmpost #44291 of 787201/28/13 at 1:59pmpost #44292 of 787201/28/13 at 2:07pmpost #44293 of 787201/28/13 at 2:09pmpost #44294 of 787201/28/13 at 2:10pmQuote:
That it is, Herr Huvud!
Truth be told, I've never really taken my own complexion into consideration in regards to clothing. This is of course unfortunate, and I will have to delve deeper and learn what works and not for me from now on. As to taking a trip to the solarium, I'd rather wait for the clay court season for my share of vitamin D. I appreciate the criticism!
Enthusiasmpost #44295 of 787201/28/13 at 2:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by CousinDonuts
I disagree with this comment. If anything, I noticed that the right shoulder overhangs a smidge. So the younger brother has one wider shoulder? I don't think the length is bad. In a super conservative/classical sense, maybe. But for a casual jacket, the length is modern. How open the quarters are is a taste preference in my mind. Perhaps these being so open and showing the sweater makes it appear smaller.
I understand. So, no for shoulder fit and fit across his hips? I would agree.
I think the open front quarters may be a symptom that is mirrored by an open vent in the back, although we cannot see it. For someone that appears to have relatively wide hips, a "modern length" may not work if the jacket isn't ventless and his bum properly covered by the less than fashionable length.
This potential and unvisualized problem is the possible outcome of following modern fashion, when one should maintain a certain less fashionable style for best effect.
Overall, a less fitted sack type cut would probably look better,
The visible sweater is probably a partial effect of wearing trousers with too low of a rise, another modern fashion that few can use to positive effect. This almost never looks good when combined with a blazer or sports jacket that will be buttoned at some point or standard length waistcoat/vest cut for a higher rise; i.e., no one should see your sweater, longer than standard waistcoat, shirt or belt buckle when the jacket is buttoned. Is a ridiculous look and you might as well unzip your fly to complete the effect.
Within the context of a wintertime evening casual dinner where the plan is then drinks with the boys in what I remember as NYC, this outfit from blazer to khakis, just doesn't work for me..
It looks to be summer daywear that is being stretched into a cool early evening or waterfront event or with the addition of a sweater and has the added limitation of being acceptable within a narrow construct of what might otherwise be termed preppy. The pocket silk pocket square gives rise to the idea that this outfit is to impress someone other than the guys. Hence, my "Chip" and librarian cracks, recognizing the use of a poorly fitted outfit suitable for a very different context, since even an ardent prep stylist would not wear such an outfit for the intended purpose of a wintertime casual evening dinner and pounding drinks with the boys in The City, at least not the ones I hang with.
Southstreet Seaport at 6pm early in June with Lauren for appetizers and drinks to be followed by drinking with the guys after taking Lauren back to her place for a more or less successful wrestling match on the her couch? Yeah, it works, but only if the outfit was properly fitted; i.e., not fashion forward.
Executive Summary: we agree the jacket looks as if was tailored for someone else with a completely different build.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 22 seconds ago
- › Nov. 19 -- NEW INVENTORY AND DISCOUNTS! Santoni, Kiton, Ferragamo... 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 4 minutes ago
- › A.P.C. The official thread for APC denim sizing and other questions. 6 minutes ago
- › SAVILE ROW Gieves & Hawkes BESPOKE 2 Pieces Wool Suits 8 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 15 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories