Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2951post #44251 of 787171/28/13 at 8:44ampost #44252 of 787171/28/13 at 8:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
I am. It's terrible.
Also, if it's not just the lighting, the trousers and jacket don't contrast enough. I thought it was a suit at first until I looked closer and was about to grumble about the colour of the shoes as usual. But paler grey flannel trousers, a different tie (and a normal pair of socks, but whatever on that as they're rarely seen IRL anyway) and I'd have liked this.
thanks, HF. might be time to let it go.
i have this problem every time i post this combo, the lighting is very hard to get right. especially on the full fit pic, using my iphone with a self timer. here is a far more accurate representation of the contrast in both color and fabric.
either way, i do need a pair of paler gray flannel trousers.
i like the socks.post #44253 of 787171/28/13 at 8:51ampost #44254 of 787171/28/13 at 9:27ampost #44255 of 787171/28/13 at 9:36ampost #44256 of 787171/28/13 at 9:42ampost #44257 of 787171/28/13 at 9:52ampost #44258 of 787171/28/13 at 9:52amQuote:
Yeah, about that crotch grab.....if you're going to take a picture of a 'crotch grab' please make sure you have a crotch worth showing off. It looks like you have a handful of cloth...post #44259 of 787171/28/13 at 9:54ampost #44260 of 787171/28/13 at 9:59amQuote:Originally Posted by Septimus
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:
Thanks. Given the spread of the collar, I went with a half-Windsor, which I still thinks makes sense. But, the waistcoat does tend to "push" the tie up a bit, as well as showing less shirt which highlights the tie more. Perhaps I will just keep the half-Windsor but cinch it a but tighter/smaller.post #44261 of 787171/28/13 at 10:06ampost #44262 of 787171/28/13 at 10:15ampost #44263 of 787171/28/13 at 10:25amQuote:
I was just quoting George Costanza in case you missed that reference.
But to answer your question, I hate two button collar bands. I blame in equal amounts my love for thick buttons and my lack of fine motor skills for this. The small buttons on my shirts are usually 14 ligne x 3,5mm. those are a pain in the hindquarters to button close next too each other. My collar band would leave enough space for two small buttons, since I too belong to the cervixes longiusculus, but I always opt for a regular big one; the fastened tie does the rest.
but yeah, judging collar preferences without knowing the shape of the corresponding face is rather pointless.post #44264 of 787171/28/13 at 10:32amQuote:Originally Posted by gnatty8
Bleh, schleppy fit for a schleppy day IMO.. sweet tea, pecan pie and homemade wine... where the peaches grow (Click to show)
That's southern style done well.
Flannel + gingham would be a little if it weren't for the fact that you kept everything else very conservative - block stripe tie, white linen square.
And the patch pockets bump it up from good to really good.post #44265 of 787171/28/13 at 10:51amBack in the office after a week of working from home, sick.
Austin Reed tie
Bespoke coffee stains, courtesy of the giant new pothole on my morning commute.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › ***THE OFFICIAL Los Angeles Chat Thread*** 5 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 14 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 15 minutes ago
- › Barbour Ashby (S) - Navy 16 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 19 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 19 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...