Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:46 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2951post #44251 of 787171/28/13 at 8:44ampost #44252 of 787171/28/13 at 8:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
I am. It's terrible.
Also, if it's not just the lighting, the trousers and jacket don't contrast enough. I thought it was a suit at first until I looked closer and was about to grumble about the colour of the shoes as usual. But paler grey flannel trousers, a different tie (and a normal pair of socks, but whatever on that as they're rarely seen IRL anyway) and I'd have liked this.
thanks, HF. might be time to let it go.
i have this problem every time i post this combo, the lighting is very hard to get right. especially on the full fit pic, using my iphone with a self timer. here is a far more accurate representation of the contrast in both color and fabric.
either way, i do need a pair of paler gray flannel trousers.
i like the socks.post #44253 of 787171/28/13 at 8:51ampost #44254 of 787171/28/13 at 9:27ampost #44255 of 787171/28/13 at 9:36ampost #44256 of 787171/28/13 at 9:42ampost #44257 of 787171/28/13 at 9:52ampost #44258 of 787171/28/13 at 9:52amQuote:
Yeah, about that crotch grab.....if you're going to take a picture of a 'crotch grab' please make sure you have a crotch worth showing off. It looks like you have a handful of cloth...post #44259 of 787171/28/13 at 9:54ampost #44260 of 787171/28/13 at 9:59amQuote:Originally Posted by Septimus
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:
Thanks. Given the spread of the collar, I went with a half-Windsor, which I still thinks makes sense. But, the waistcoat does tend to "push" the tie up a bit, as well as showing less shirt which highlights the tie more. Perhaps I will just keep the half-Windsor but cinch it a but tighter/smaller.post #44261 of 787171/28/13 at 10:06ampost #44262 of 787171/28/13 at 10:15ampost #44263 of 787171/28/13 at 10:25amQuote:
I was just quoting George Costanza in case you missed that reference.
But to answer your question, I hate two button collar bands. I blame in equal amounts my love for thick buttons and my lack of fine motor skills for this. The small buttons on my shirts are usually 14 ligne x 3,5mm. those are a pain in the hindquarters to button close next too each other. My collar band would leave enough space for two small buttons, since I too belong to the cervixes longiusculus, but I always opt for a regular big one; the fastened tie does the rest.
but yeah, judging collar preferences without knowing the shape of the corresponding face is rather pointless.post #44264 of 787171/28/13 at 10:32amQuote:Originally Posted by gnatty8
Bleh, schleppy fit for a schleppy day IMO.. sweet tea, pecan pie and homemade wine... where the peaches grow (Click to show)
That's southern style done well.
Flannel + gingham would be a little if it weren't for the fact that you kept everything else very conservative - block stripe tie, white linen square.
And the patch pockets bump it up from good to really good.post #44265 of 787171/28/13 at 10:51amBack in the office after a week of working from home, sick.
Austin Reed tie
Bespoke coffee stains, courtesy of the giant new pothole on my morning commute.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 3 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 17 minutes ago
- › In Praise of Trickers 20 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 31 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 57 minutes ago
- › Prada Seersucker Striped Blazer EU46/48R 59 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE June 24, 2016 - Greyscale 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding