Trying a new location in the house with better early morning natural light..
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 9:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 2950post #44236 of 787171/28/13 at 6:52ampost #44237 of 787171/28/13 at 7:02ampost #44238 of 787171/28/13 at 7:10ampost #44239 of 787171/28/13 at 7:13ampost #44240 of 787171/28/13 at 7:20ampost #44241 of 787171/28/13 at 7:21ampost #44242 of 787171/28/13 at 7:26amQuote:
thanks for the feedback. i dont think the socks need any explanation. they are fun and awesome and cashmere and all full of win.
lol, i think i got mine first!
i want one so bad.Quote:Originally Posted by LEVOOSH
Great minds..... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
very nice. i asked PSG and he may have a line, but ill ask you too. you know of a place that has any more of that tie?
also, the tie looks more brown in PSGs post, and more burgundy/red in LEVOOSHes post. are they different colors of the same style tie, or is the lighting doing that?post #44243 of 787171/28/13 at 7:41amQuote:Originally Posted by P-K-L
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Double breasted Sunday.
This is awesome!Quote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
Monday, and a day that promises a "wintry mix", hence the rain coat. Please note that I did not find it necessary to grab my crotch in the classic "Mangiare i miei testicoli" pose - perhaps I am not as passionate about my tailor as is PB about his.
Suit - BB MTM
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - BB
PS - Robert Talbott
Cufflinks - BB
Shoes - To Boot Adam Derrick via SFA
Rain coat - Burberry
Scarf - Johnston's of Elgin
Hat - Weatherproof
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great as usual. This only reminds me how bad I want a DB suit!
I love those shoes!post #44244 of 787171/28/13 at 7:49ampost #44245 of 787171/28/13 at 7:51am
In that case, forgive me mentioning that I personally don't like having a similar fuzziness in both tie & suit within the look. Not saying I'd want a shiny silk with that suit either, but not something that's equally fuzzy either. Each is a wonderful item in itself though and she certainly clearly has an eye for a nice tie.
I still couldn't bring myself to thumbs-up a post containing a crotch-grab however.
I am. It's terrible.
Also, if it's not just the lighting, the trousers and jacket don't contrast enough. I thought it was a suit at first until I looked closer and was about to grumble about the colour of the shoes as usual. But paler grey flannel trousers, a different tie (and a normal pair of socks, but whatever on that as they're rarely seen IRL anyway) and I'd have liked this.
Shout-out to P-K-L for posting that great DB suit. Wonderful stuff. The buttons on both it & more especially on the overcoat are a little close together for me, but I can see the echo between that decision and those on the suit and regardless of personal preference on that, both items still look smashing. Excellent outfit; more please!post #44246 of 787171/28/13 at 7:56ampost #44247 of 787171/28/13 at 8:14amQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
some people say the second button makes or breaks the shirt, but I say it's the collar ;-)post #44248 of 787171/28/13 at 8:26amWell, put it this way I have two buttons of top of one another on my collar bands. Do you? It is a pretty damn high collar. I love my collars actually. If anything I might go a tad bit wider just to piss off doc holiday.post #44249 of 787171/28/13 at 8:26amOriginally Posted by Prestosmp
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I quite like that cardigan and that shirt/tie combination. I'm less convinced by the waistcoat/trousers/shoes combination. A rougher-textured, pattered, navy waistcoat and perhaps cords or moleskin for the trousers would feel more in tune with the chunky cardigan. On the other hand, if the cardigan is purely outerwear (ie you take it off completely at work), then I can sort of see what you're aiming for.
Lazy Monday... and a new handkerchief.post #44250 of 787171/28/13 at 8:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Septimus
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That knot is....uhhhh....a tad on the large side. Especially given the 3 piece.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Handsomeness Secrets 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 4 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding